Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

RAGE TV Spot

The Bethesda Blog now offers a TV spot for RAGE, id Software's upcoming first-person shooter. Set to the soothing strains of A Perfect Circle, the clip combines gameplay footage with comments hyping the game from previews in a 60 second spot. And since it serves our purposes, we'll ignore the fact that the line concluding the update actually refers to Michigan football: "Watch the spot above. Go RAGE! Go Blue!"

View
15 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

15. Re: RAGE TV Spot Sep 16, 2011, 04:54 creatorswhim

DangerDog wrote on Sep 15, 2011, 22:02:

If this had some form of more traditional multiplayer then perhaps, as it is this seems like they put all their eggs into single player and the mutiplayer is just a token afterthought.

2 player co-op for just a handful of missions, and 6 person vehicle deathmatch with no dedicated servers.

This is id software we're talking about, isn't it? They KNOW who is buying their games on the PC, and why they have had success in the past. I'm sure they'll release dedicated servers and mod tools for the PC version soon enough.

Give them a chance to release the game before you start complaining about lack of support.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

14. Re: RAGE TV Spot Sep 15, 2011, 22:02 DangerDog

Fion wrote on Sep 15, 2011, 16:47:
The only thing that reminds me of Borderlands is that it's set in a wasteland and has mutants. Other than that it doesn't really resemble the game in any way IMHO.

Very much looking forward to the game, the next three weeks cant come fast enough hehe. I really think this may be their best game since Quake 2.

If this had some form of more traditional multiplayer then perhaps, as it is this seems like they put all their eggs into single player and the mutiplayer is just a token afterthought.

2 player co-op for just a handful of missions, and 6 person vehicle deathmatch with no dedicated servers.

13. Re: RAGE TV Spot Sep 15, 2011, 20:16 AdamK47

Maynard James Keenan  

12. Re: RAGE TV Spot Sep 15, 2011, 20:06 MoreLuckThanSkill

Drayth wrote on Sep 15, 2011, 18:29:
The Breaking Bad advertising's been in for more than that... this week a copy of it was sitting on a shelf at the top of a pile of games during the fight scene.

Really? Hehe, I didn't even notice that one. I wonder how hard up for cash AMC/Breaking Bad is, to do that sort of thing. I heard they cut $250k per EPISODE of The Walking Dead season 2, AMC must be in some financial trouble,

11. Re: RAGE TV Spot Sep 15, 2011, 18:29 Drayth

The Breaking Bad advertising's been in for more than that... this week a copy of it was sitting on a shelf at the top of a pile of games during the fight scene.  

10. Re: RAGE TV Spot Sep 15, 2011, 17:48 Cutter

Go Ducks! Quack Attack!

James Woods: Oh that's fun. That sounds like you had a fun time. Where would I fit in with the fun time, huh? Where does James Woods fit into the fun?

9. Re: RAGE TV Spot Sep 15, 2011, 17:46 MoreLuckThanSkill

Speaking of Rage on TV, anybody see a character in Breaking Bad, playing Rage, briefly in 2 episodes so far this year? Of course, he's playing with a lightgun somehow... but still.

Ads in games? Rage counters with game ads in shows, apparently.

8. Re: RAGE TV Spot Sep 15, 2011, 17:28 killer_roach

This trailer was already on TV almost a week ago... the "Go Blue!" reference in the blog being for that it aired during the Michigan / Notre Dame game last Saturday (as the blog post mentions).

Personally indifferent to Michigan, but after what they did to my alma mater the week before, I'm hoping they have a good season. That one hurt.

7. Re: RAGE TV Spot Sep 15, 2011, 17:18 gilly775

Muck Fichigan!

-> Ohio State Buckeye fan!

6. Re: RAGE TV Spot Sep 15, 2011, 17:12 Ratty

Not tearing my seat up looking forward to this one but I'll probably pick it up anyway. Doom 3 was a big disappointment but it was still playable and I use it for Dark Mod and stuff so I'm not sorry I got it. I expect it'll be the same with Rage.

It reminds me of Borderlands too ...

5. Re: RAGE TV Spot Sep 15, 2011, 16:47 Fion

The only thing that reminds me of Borderlands is that it's set in a wasteland and has mutants. Other than that it doesn't really resemble the game in any way IMHO.

Very much looking forward to the game, the next three weeks cant come fast enough hehe. I really think this may be their best game since Quake 2.

4. Re: RAGE TV Spot Sep 15, 2011, 16:19 Kegaro

This game does absolutely nothing for me, and watching this TV spot just reinforced it... I think I'll skip this one.  

3. Re: RAGE TV Spot Sep 15, 2011, 16:04 Ruffiana

Does this remind anyone else of Borderlands? I mean, not just a little bit...without knowing this was Rage I would think that they were taking a slightly different tact for Borderlands 2 and going back to the original, less interesting art style.  

2. Re: RAGE TV Spot Sep 15, 2011, 15:55 Cutter

TED: I'll bet if you put a laser micrometer on this, it'd be a perfect sphere. Perfect to a thousandth of an inch. That's a message in and of itself.

HARRY: Really?

BARNES: What do you mean?

TED: When Pope Benedict asked Giotto to prove his worth as an artist Giotto drew a perfect circle, freehand. Perfection. It's a powerful message.

James Woods: Oh that's fun. That sounds like you had a fun time. Where would I fit in with the fun time, huh? Where does James Woods fit into the fun?

1. Re: RAGE TV Spot Sep 15, 2011, 15:43 Beelzebud

I saw A Perfect Circle this year at Lollapalooza, and they are simply amazing live.  

15 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo