Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Morning Consolidation

View
15 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

15. Re: Morning Consolidation Sep 17, 2011, 12:32 raVen

There goes any reason to buy a Vita, or update my PS3.
Sony: thanks for letting me save more money!

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

14. Re: Morning Consolidation Sep 15, 2011, 19:15 Flatline

Beady wrote on Sep 15, 2011, 13:37:
I also love how they later say that if any of this TOS is found illegel, then you agree to waive the right to a trial by Jury when you do go to court.

That tends to be tricky to enforce.

Plus, does that mean that Sony broke it's own TOS when they went after Geohot?

13. Re: Morning Consolidation Sep 15, 2011, 16:10 Cutter

Just one more reason that anyone who supports that company is a fucking moron.

"The South will boogie again!" - Disco Stu

12. Re: Morning Consolidation Sep 15, 2011, 15:35 Siward

DrEvil wrote on Sep 15, 2011, 12:44:
PropheT wrote on Sep 15, 2011, 11:33:
Verno wrote on Sep 15, 2011, 11:10:
Wishful thinking Sony, it's been tried unsuccessfully in several industries already.

The supreme court ruled in April that it was legal for companies to include provisions to their terms of service that served for consumers to waive their class action lawsuit rights.

Can read about it here.

Yes, but SCOTUS limited that to class action lawsuits right? I don't see how they could block normal lawsuits as well.

In situations like this, they reason that binding arbitration is an approximation of a day in court. Arbitration isn't rare, and it's not necessarily stacked against the consumer -- arbiters are typically former judges -- but it does prevent the news media from picking up on stories because the matter is usually considered private.

Honestly, I don't think it made any sense to limit class action lawsuits, but you can thank the conservative wing of the court for having that particular right revoked.

11. Re: Morning Consolidation Sep 15, 2011, 14:13 JoeNapalm

To be fair, it's not like Sony invented this.

It's fairly standard evil lawyer BS.

-Jn-
Ifriti Sophist

10. Re: Morning Consolidation Sep 15, 2011, 13:37 Beady

I also love how they later say that if any of this TOS is found illegel, then you agree to waive the right to a trial by Jury when you do go to court.

Reading the full thing, its broad enough to actually go both ways. IE: Sony cant sue you and must go via arbitration if you have agreed to this. Of course they will ignore that little fact.

9. Re: Morning Consolidation Sep 15, 2011, 12:55 Darks

Good Luck Sony trying to get anyone to buy your console.  

Creator of the Neverwnter Nights Eye of the Beholder Series of Mods.

http://nwvault.ign.com/View.php?view=Modules.Detail&id=6375

8. Re: Morning Consolidation Sep 15, 2011, 12:44 DrEvil

Wishful thinking Sony, it's been tried unsuccessfully in several industries already.

The supreme court ruled in April that it was legal for companies to include provisions to their terms of service that served for consumers to waive their class action lawsuit rights.

Can read about it here.

Yes, but SCOTUS limited that to class action lawsuits right? I don't see how they could block normal lawsuits as well.

7. Re: Morning Consolidation Sep 15, 2011, 11:49 Verno

Can read about it here.

Oh America, sigh. I hope other countries are saner.

Playing: The Last of Us Remastered
Watching: Intruders, Coherence, The Rover

6. Re: Morning Consolidation Sep 15, 2011, 11:33 PropheT

Can read about it here.

5. Re: Morning Consolidation Sep 15, 2011, 11:18 necrosis

MisterBenn wrote on Sep 15, 2011, 10:51:
Not that this will likely affect me, but I still don't understand how you can just add random, unexpected new crap into a TOS and have it be a condition of use. I recall in the past if you didn't accept the TOS of a new purchase you could return it for a refund... that should be possible with changes too! It would keep Sony and anyone else nice and honest. Not that I'm holding my breath.

Semi related: for anyone out there that hasn't seen it - check out the Sony Piece of Shit clip from The Onion. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8AyVh1_vWYQ
It is because there is a clause in any TOS that they can change the TOS at will. Its such a staple in TOS's that its usually the first thing.

But your right. If well after buying something the TOS changes to something you now do not agree with you should be able to return it. Problem is here there is nothing to return. Don't agree? You stop using PSN. Simple as that.

Now if only Sony would fucking fix the KEY FEATURE of PSN+ (the auto update system) which has BEEN BROKEN SINCE THE LAST PATCH (3.70).

4. Re: Morning Consolidation Sep 15, 2011, 11:13 Creston

I'm bored, I think I may give Sony a call and tell them that I don't agree to their new ToS, so can I return my PS3 for a full refund?

Creston

3. Re: Morning Consolidation Sep 15, 2011, 11:10 Verno

Playing: The Last of Us Remastered
Watching: Intruders, Coherence, The Rover

2. Re: Morning Consolidation Sep 15, 2011, 10:51 MisterBenn

Not that this will likely affect me, but I still don't understand how you can just add random, unexpected new crap into a TOS and have it be a condition of use. I recall in the past if you didn't accept the TOS of a new purchase you could return it for a refund... that should be possible with changes too! It would keep Sony and anyone else nice and honest. Not that I'm holding my breath.

Semi related: for anyone out there that hasn't seen it - check out the Sony Piece of Shit clip from The Onion. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8AyVh1_vWYQ

Playing: Path of Exile, Pandora: First Contact

1. Re: Morning Consolidation Sep 15, 2011, 10:42 Creston

Yeah, didn't see that Sony thing coming...

Creston

15 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo