Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Greenbelt, MD 08/22

Regularly scheduled events

Diablo III Auction House to Use Paypal

Blizzard announces that the Diablo III auction house and Battle.net will be accepting Paypal in most territories:

We're pleased to announce that in most regions, PayPal will be our payment-service partner for the Diablo III auction house, allowing players who trade with real-world currency the ability to cash out the spoils of their battle-torn adventures via a PayPal account.

PayPal will also soon be added in several regions as a payment option on Battle.net, providing another convenient and secure payment method for digital purchases of Blizzard products and services.

We’ll share region-related specifics, as well as further details on everything mentioned above, in the near future. Stay tuned!

View
38 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

38. Re: Diablo III Auction House to Use Paypal Sep 16, 2011, 09:07 Verno

Dev wrote on Sep 15, 2011, 15:46:
So, what's the name of the game? You are getting me interested.

As Cram guessed it's Xenoblade Chronicles. It took me about 30 minutes to dig up the right settings to emulate it properly with Dolphin and setup my 360 controller to my liking. It looks beautiful on the PC and runs fairly well if you have a modern machine. The gameplay is pretty much the evolution of JRPGs, where Square has tried but failed to take them for almost 6 years. Monolith rules. Anyway I never thought I'd be endorsing a Wii game but its amazing.

Playing: Infamous Second Son
Watching: Midsomer Murders, Dominion, The Knick
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

37. Re: Diablo III Auction House to Use Paypal Sep 16, 2011, 08:28 InBlack

Oh common guys, virtual items have been traded ever since the original Diablo2. I remember the Grandfather used to go for something like 800$. Stop treating this like a big conspiracy, since it isnt.

This will simply provide a nice way to do it in a controlled environment and with Blizzard getting a cut. The sellers are happy, the buyers are happy, Blizzard is happy and those who dont want to engage in any real money trading DONT HAVE TO.

Look Im the first to respond to any greed corporate bullshit that is a detriment to the games being produced. But I cant see this as anything but a plus.

I have a nifty blue line!

36. Re: Diablo III Auction House to Use Paypal Sep 15, 2011, 18:54 avianflu

paypal is notoriously dreadful.  

35. Re: Diablo III Auction House to Use Paypal Sep 15, 2011, 15:58 Cram

I want to guess Xenoblade.  

34. Re: Diablo III Auction House to Use Paypal Sep 15, 2011, 15:46 Dev

Verno wrote on Sep 15, 2011, 11:37:
I've been playing this JRPG Wii game using the Dolphin emulator recently and its so absurdly fun because its just one big immersive experience with no disruptions. No one asking me to pay for DLC, no e-shop items, no buying skins or all of that nonsense. It's just a cool world, good gameplay and an interesting story. Games need to get back to just being games instead of ATMs.
So, what's the name of the game? You are getting me interested.

33. Re: Diablo III Auction House to Use Paypal Sep 15, 2011, 14:24 Verno

I can't remember the exact details but check it out sometime, I seem to recall them saying the hardcore ladder was gold only but I'm unsure about non-HC characters.  

32. Re: Diablo III Auction House to Use Paypal Sep 15, 2011, 13:42 Elessar

Verno wrote on Sep 15, 2011, 11:37:
This! What the fuck happened to playing the damn game and coming across drops? Games are getting so bastardized now I can barely stand it. I want to get lost in the world the developers created, not log into fucking paypal to acquire a virtual fantasy sword. Anything that takes you out of a game, while you're playing, into the "real world" is a failure imo. I have nearly no interest in this game anymore. Not happy.

Well thankfully in this case it's easily ignored, you can even play on ladder with no RMT AH. I definitely agree with your sentiment though. I've been playing this JRPG Wii game using the Dolphin emulator recently and its so absurdly fun because its just one big immersive experience with no disruptions. No one asking me to pay for DLC, no e-shop items, no buying skins or all of that nonsense. It's just a cool world, good gameplay and an interesting story. Games need to get back to just being games instead of ATMs.
That's actually really good to know about non-RMAH ladders.

Now that you mention Nintendo... aside from their constant re-releases, you gotta hand it to them. They generally release full gaming experiences. I can't think of too many games that have DLC packs. Take the Zeldas for instance. Full, long, immerssive gaming experiences.

"You don't get what you deserve, you get what you get."

31. Re: Diablo III Auction House to Use Paypal Sep 15, 2011, 11:37 Verno

This! What the fuck happened to playing the damn game and coming across drops? Games are getting so bastardized now I can barely stand it. I want to get lost in the world the developers created, not log into fucking paypal to acquire a virtual fantasy sword. Anything that takes you out of a game, while you're playing, into the "real world" is a failure imo. I have nearly no interest in this game anymore. Not happy.

Well thankfully in this case it's easily ignored, you can even play on ladder with no RMT AH. I definitely agree with your sentiment though. I've been playing this JRPG Wii game using the Dolphin emulator recently and its so absurdly fun because its just one big immersive experience with no disruptions. No one asking me to pay for DLC, no e-shop items, no buying skins or all of that nonsense. It's just a cool world, good gameplay and an interesting story. Games need to get back to just being games instead of ATMs.

30. Re: Diablo III Auction House to Use Paypal Sep 15, 2011, 11:20 MoreLuckThanSkill

I'm still on the fence in terms of boycotting Diablo 3 or not, but why the FUCK would they choose to use Paypal? Amazon Accounts would have made more sense, or any number of services.

Paypal, as others have said, has a long history of screwing with people, annoying fees, and no doubt straight up fraud.

Yet another poor choice from Blizzard/Activision.

Come on Grim Dawn and Path of Exile, be awesome.

*EDIT* Never bought any items in Diablo 1 or 2, or any game for that matter, so this won't do anything but insure I also avoid selling items in the RMAH.

29. Re: Diablo III Auction House to Use Paypal Sep 15, 2011, 11:01 Creston

Diablo 3, aka SIM Gold Farmer.

*shakes head*

Creston

28. Re: Diablo III Auction House to Use Paypal Sep 15, 2011, 10:49 fatguy

Diablo 3 has been corrupted by the devil.  

27. Re: Diablo III Auction House to Use Paypal Sep 15, 2011, 10:36 Elessar

Luke wrote on Sep 15, 2011, 03:40:
As far as PvP balance goes, what difference does it make if you spend 3 weeks farming the best gear, or 12 minutes buying it?
And so it begins......this "I don't wanna play for hours to get my gear , i wanna have it NOW i wanna buy it NOW "
Just play the time it takes to get the gear instead of this behavior
and if ya don't have the time to farm go play tetris
Cheaters AH

"You don't get what you deserve, you get what you get."

26. Re: Diablo III Auction House to Use Paypal Sep 15, 2011, 09:56 RoTide

InBlack wrote on Sep 15, 2011, 08:15:

Diablo isnt WoW. It also isnt meant to replace it. If you followed the development of Diablo3 you would know that. Im pretty sure Blizzard will make enough money just from the player to player transactions.

Next time you start spewing crap, better open your OWN eyes and flex those thinking muscles and arm yourself with some arguments based on facts instead of egomaniacal drivel.

I never said Diablo 3 was to replace WoW. So why don't we hop off that strawman now.

Simply put, Activision is very much about squeezing every penny they can from a game. If you honestly believe Activision will sit by and allow Blizzard to not hop on the "sell items for money" boat (the same one they are not only empowering, but _encouraging_ their playerbase to hop on) then [insert some cliche about selling bridges here]..

The fact of the matter is, Activision is very good at bleeding customers for every penny and they will, mark my words, "encourage" Blizzard to find ways to further monetize the game. Selling items is the _easy_ way to move forward, _most especially_ when you consider that that will be one of the focal points of the game.

"Play Diablo 3 to find and sell items!!!! But trust us, we won't try to sell you anything! Even though we already have a track record of making exclusive items for sale in other games we make!"

25. Re: Diablo III Auction House to Use Paypal Sep 15, 2011, 09:13 Dev

jacobvandy wrote on Sep 14, 2011, 21:22:
Will they allow people to pay for items this way? What if they decide to undo the charge after they receive the item? Hopefully they won't take it that far, leaving it to cash-outs from your Battle.net account.
Presumably same thing steam does, lock your account since presumably it will be a charge to/from blizzard which is the middleman so they can get their cut.

If it was directly between players, that would be nuts.

24. Re: Diablo III Auction House to Use Paypal Sep 15, 2011, 08:44 Verno

The items come from Blizzard though, not the players. The players do not conjure the items using tools forged by Blizzard or something silly. Blizzard directly controls their cut in a way if you think about it because they have control over spawn rates, item rarity, item crafting and whatnot.

The only thing Blizzard doesn't directly control is what value players attach to the items but even that they can influence indirectly through rarity. So I think saying this is a player driven thing is more than a bit disingenuous InBlack.

23. Re: Diablo III Auction House to Use Paypal Sep 15, 2011, 08:15 InBlack

You have no idea obviously what you are talking about. Let me google it quickly for you since for some reason you chose to respond and argue without any facts:

This is from the International Business Times, although you can find this information in any number of places:

link

Diablo isnt WoW. It also isnt meant to replace it. If you followed the development of Diablo3 you would know that. Im pretty sure Blizzard will make enough money just from the player to player transactions.

Next time you start spewing crap, better open your OWN eyes and flex those thinking muscles and arm yourself with some arguments based on facts instead of egomaniacal drivel.

22. Re: Diablo III Auction House to Use Paypal Sep 15, 2011, 07:28 RoTide

InBlack wrote on Sep 15, 2011, 04:55:
And there right in your post is the "Fail" in your reasoning. You see, Blizzard wont be doing any selling or buying. Sure they get a cut (1% If i remember correctly). But all the items on sale will be by players for players.

I'm sorry, but one doesn't have to look far to see how ridiculous that statement is.

World of Warcraft was a game where Blizzard sold nothing and wouldn't allow you to sell anything. Now, they sell items while still banning the playerbase from selling them. Think about that. They feel justified selling items while the playerbase is banned from doing so.

Now, they are making a game where one of the selling points is that you can sell your items/gear for real money. And you think Blizzard isn't going to start selling items themselves now? They took a piece of that pie in WoW and you expect, in a game where they want the playerbase to make/spend cash on items, them to not sell their own items?

If you believe Blizzard/Activision isn't going to nickle and dime you on D3, I'm not sure your eyes are open at this point...

21. Re: Diablo III Auction House to Use Paypal Sep 15, 2011, 04:55 InBlack

Tumbler wrote on Sep 14, 2011, 23:07:
Personally I would rather link my credit card to my batle.net account (as is done when you pay by CC anyway) and have the credits transferred straight back to my bank account via mastercard/visa etc..

I find this whole concept of having payment information built into the game like this about as appealing as the itunes walled garden approach where everything you do is designed to suck a dollar out here, a dollar out there.

This all seems like a big sham to push a micro transaction heavy game onto the market under the guise of "you can sell your loot!". Would you like to spend $0.25 and get 5 health potions? Special 1 hour offer tonight only, buy 10 gold for $1, confirm?

And there right in your post is the "Fail" in your reasoning. You see, Blizzard wont be doing any selling or buying. Sure they get a cut (1% If i remember correctly). But all the items on sale will be by players for players.

20. Re: Diablo III Auction House to Use Paypal Sep 15, 2011, 04:32 Bhruic

The simple truth that Blizzard doesn't want to acknowledge is that they could easily promote balanced PVP by doing what Guild Wars 2 is doing with their ranked PVP and putting everyone in a set gear set

No they couldn't. That'd only work for class-on-class battles. But as soon as it's one class vs a different class, balance would be out the window again. And they've already said (repeatedly) they have no plans to balance the classes.

19. Re: Diablo III Auction House to Use Paypal Sep 15, 2011, 04:09 Theo

WyldKat wrote on Sep 15, 2011, 03:46:
On the ranked PVP gear discussion:

The simple truth that Blizzard doesn't want to acknowledge is that they could easily promote balanced PVP by doing what Guild Wars 2 is doing with their ranked PVP and putting everyone in a set gear set where the only thing that differs is your skill selection, player skill, and whatever cosmetic changes you've unlocked.

That means they have to care about skill balance - and they dont. Gear isnt the only part of this. If a skill has a overpowered ability or property that is fun in PvE they dont want to start making changes to the PvE game to acommodate the PvP game.

They could of course make skills totally different in PvP - but the fact is that is NOT and never was good game design.

WyldKat wrote on Sep 15, 2011, 03:46:
Anyways yeah, I'll likely pay more mind to PVP (both ranked and RvR) in Guild Wars 2 and be treating Diablo 3/Torchlight 2 as just a fun monster smashing diversion with friends.

PvP should be seen for what it is in D3, a fun distraction that might actaully be ok; leave serious PvPing for serious PvP games.

Everyone on Bluesnews is synical, get over it.
edit: i cant spell, this is my disclaimer.

38 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo