Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

New Via Digital Distribution

Games

Patches

• Borderlands on Steam.
  • Rock of Ages on Steam.
  • War Inc. Battlezone on Steam.

View
6 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

6. Re: New Via Digital Distribution Sep 15, 2011, 14:52 Xirgu

do a search for rural internet in your area, I used to do this and had a pretty decent 3 mbps connection. they put an antenna on your roof facing a central antenna somewhere nearby <within 30 miles or so>
good luck!

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

5. Re: New Via Digital Distribution Sep 15, 2011, 13:47 nin

Yeah, I have a friend in Catoosa who's still on dial-up/cell cards, as the neighbor one block over has DSL, but they claim DSL still isn't available in his neighborhood.

http://www.nin.com/pub/tension/

4. Re: New Via Digital Distribution Sep 15, 2011, 13:38 Creston

nin wrote on Sep 15, 2011, 11:28:
Creston, I swear to god, I'm gonna get Sally Struthers to do a commercial about your network speed, begging people to chip in for you.

edit: For just 20 cents a day, you can help Creston and his dreams of a T1 line to his home...

Hehehehe.

I actually CALLED Cox, and asked them what it would cost to run fiber to my home. As in: I would pay for it.

They won't do it. They just said flat-out "no, we won't provide service out there."

They provide service two miles down the highway, but not out where I live, where there's approximately 2000 middle class homes.

it's insane.

ANYWAY, fuck big mandatory patches that add optional content I am not interested in.

Creston

3. Re: New Via Digital Distribution Sep 15, 2011, 11:28 nin

Creston, I swear to god, I'm gonna get Sally Struthers to do a commercial about your network speed, begging people to chip in for you.

edit: For just 20 cents a day, you can help Creston and his dreams of a T1 line to his home...

http://www.nin.com/pub/tension/

2. Re: New Via Digital Distribution Sep 15, 2011, 11:25 Creston

I love how the BTest is optional, but they ram that 150MB (or whatever it was, it downloaded for fucking ever last night on my shitty pipe) patch down your throat whether you want to participate or not.

Fuckers.

Creston

1. Re: New Via Digital Distribution Sep 15, 2011, 09:08 Dev

Only the series from vice city on, not the early ones.  

6 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo