Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Ships Ahoy - TrackMania 2: Canyon

Ubisoft announces that TrackMania 2: Canyon, is now available via digital distribution from the TrackMania Website, offering the next installment in Nadeo's PC online racing series. Here's the launch trailer, and here's word:

After a successful multiplayer beta that saw players from 83 countries participate and create 3,000 racetracks in just two weeks, Trackmania2 Canyon is now ready to be unleashed to gamers all over the world!

Trackmania2 Canyon builds upon the successes of the previous game with updated graphics, realistic racing features and an expanded network infrastructure, while maintaining the intuitive gameplay, captivating racing modes and familiar community instruments that made the series so unique. Trackmania˛ Canyon is the first title to be released on Maniaplanet®, the new gaming system that gives players access to innovative and enjoyable online games.

View
32 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

32. Re: Ships Ahoy - TrackMania 2: Canyon Sep 15, 2011, 15:52 ^Drag0n^

While I usually don't go for non-steam installs, this game looks too damn good to pass up. that and I want to race you, B!

^D^

"Never start a fight, but always finish it."
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

31. Re: Ships Ahoy - TrackMania 2: Canyon Sep 15, 2011, 15:23  Xymph 

Cutter wrote on Sep 14, 2011, 16:25:
I'l lprobably pick this up at some point. Is there a demo for it?
At this point there are no plans for a demo. Don't know if that's in the cards later.

You could consider TM Nations Forever a "demo" for everything a contemporary TrackMania game offers (solo/multiplayer racing, track editor, replays, mediatracker, game modes, custom cars, skins and avatars, and more), just not the actual driving experience of TM2C. As with all previous seven environments, Canyon has its own distinct feel, so don't make the mistake others already made of expecting Stadium 2, but once you get used to it, it's cool in its own right. Still, tastes differ, so there's no telling whether or not it'll cater to yours. You could read up on the MP forums to get more informed about what's on offer.

-- Frans

30. Re: Ships Ahoy - TrackMania 2: Canyon Sep 15, 2011, 15:15  Xymph 

Blue wrote on Sep 14, 2011, 16:53:
Frans has been very busy lately, so we haven't discussed it yet.
That's an understatement.

However, since one of the things he's been busy with was the TrackMania 2 beta, it seems like a good bet.
Well, I might let you in on a little secret. There was a problem running the dedicated server on my own Linux server, so I ran it on the Blue's server for the past two months to test the dedicated and develop XAseco2.

So yeah, in a few weeks when I have a little more time, it will be easy to change it into a public Blue's News server.

-- Frans

29. Re: Ships Ahoy - TrackMania 2: Canyon Sep 15, 2011, 15:11  Xymph 

ASeven wrote on Sep 14, 2011, 15:08:
Since it's MP I guess UbiDRM is completely irrelevant here even if this title has it.
The most amusing part of that topic is that in the past year hundreds of people got their panties in a bunch because of the DRM prospect, and now that the game has been released, the word "DRM" hasn't been posted once in the ManiaPlanet forums.

-- Frans

28. Re: Ships Ahoy - TrackMania 2: Canyon Sep 15, 2011, 09:00 Verno

I played a bunch of this last night and it's super fun, great deal for $25 and a lot of content there.  

Playing: Gauntlet, Dark Souls 2, Wasteland 2
Watching: Intruders, 24 Live Another Day, The Signal

27. Re: Ships Ahoy - TrackMania 2: Canyon Sep 15, 2011, 06:07 SpectralMeat

Snapdad wrote on Sep 14, 2011, 20:50:
Snapdad here. Added you and SpectralMeat. Should we make a BluesNews group?

Joined your game last night, thanks for the friend request. If Blues going to play this game and run a server I am sure he will create a Blue's group, this game is a lot of fun in small doses.

Steam: SpectralMeat

26. Re: Ships Ahoy - TrackMania 2: Canyon Sep 15, 2011, 00:47 Bucky

I don't know just how extensive the changes are, but so far the driving feels better to me. The drifting/sliding especially feels better than United. Granted, I'm only through A09 or so at the moment.  

25. Re: Ships Ahoy - TrackMania 2: Canyon Sep 14, 2011, 22:16 SpectralMeat

Cutter wrote on Sep 14, 2011, 20:30:
Is it just me or would anyone else like to live in that world where you could actually drive like that?
That would make for a pretty short life span

24. Re: Ships Ahoy - TrackMania 2: Canyon Sep 14, 2011, 20:50 Snapdad

Snapdad here. Added you and SpectralMeat. Should we make a BluesNews group?  

23. Re: Ships Ahoy - TrackMania 2: Canyon Sep 14, 2011, 20:38 Dades

nin wrote on Sep 14, 2011, 19:54:
"An internet connection and the registration of the activation key provided are required to play TrackMania˛ CANYON."

?

A multiplayer key according to their forums.

22. Re: Ships Ahoy - TrackMania 2: Canyon Sep 14, 2011, 20:30 Cutter

Is it just me or would anyone else like to live in that world where you could actually drive like that?  

"The South will boogie again!" - Disco Stu

21. Re: Ships Ahoy - TrackMania 2: Canyon Sep 14, 2011, 19:54 nin

"An internet connection and the registration of the activation key provided are required to play TrackMania˛ CANYON."

?

http://store.nin.com/index.php?cPath=10

20. Re: Ships Ahoy - TrackMania 2: Canyon Sep 14, 2011, 19:53 Alamar

I'l lprobably pick this up at some point. Is there a demo for it? And Blue, are you playing it, going to be running a server for it?

Frans has been very busy lately, so we haven't discussed it yet. However, since one of the things he's been busy with was the TrackMania 2 beta, it seems like a good bet.

I'd like to wait for a steam version, but this would likely make it an instant buy... I mean... beating all the people I trash talk on here would surely be rewarding : )

-Alamar

19. Re: Ships Ahoy - TrackMania 2: Canyon Sep 14, 2011, 19:49 Quboid

I got it, friend requests welcome to Quboid.  

- Quboid

18. Re: Ships Ahoy - TrackMania 2: Canyon Sep 14, 2011, 17:02 Elessar

Anyone know if there are any different game modes? The previous installment was sort of like a sandbox racer which was very fun. But aside from some GUI improvements and a new setting, I'm not sure what's different?

Edit: Here's some info I found on the difference in mechanics...

"As someone who spent far too much time with Trackmania Forever's Stadium environment and F1 inspired cars, getting use to Canyon's new handling system takes some time. Vehicles in previous iterations always held a hefty weight -- as if all four wheels were planted firmly to the road -- which gave them a sense of durability and solidity that typified Forever's style.

Canyon holds its own identity though, and cars are far more agile than they have been before; they're light, nimble, and they still offer a satisfying sense of traction with the tarmac. They're also top heavy and prone to toppling over in inexperienced hands. It's a welcome trade-off though, as with vehicles now lighter, Trackmania 2 is a much faster game, and vehicles always feel like they're only just under control, and could spin out at any moment."

This comment was edited on Sep 14, 2011, 17:10.

"You don't get what you deserve, you get what you get."

17. Re: Ships Ahoy - TrackMania 2: Canyon Sep 14, 2011, 16:53  Blue 

I'l lprobably pick this up at some point. Is there a demo for it? And Blue, are you playing it, going to be running a server for it?

Frans has been very busy lately, so we haven't discussed it yet. However, since one of the things he's been busy with was the TrackMania 2 beta, it seems like a good bet.

Stephen "Blue" Heaslip
Blue's News Publisher, Editor-in-Chief, El Presidente for Life

16. Re: Ships Ahoy - TrackMania 2: Canyon Sep 14, 2011, 16:25 Cutter

"The South will boogie again!" - Disco Stu

15. Re: Ships Ahoy - TrackMania 2: Canyon Sep 14, 2011, 16:04 SpectralMeat

Gave it a quick try from my work PC, wow it looks awesome, lots to do, awesome game. Nice to see some devs know how to make a proper PC game.

By the way my in game name is the same as here SpectralMeat, send me a friend request.

This comment was edited on Sep 14, 2011, 16:10.

14. Re: Ships Ahoy - TrackMania 2: Canyon Sep 14, 2011, 16:01 ASeven

Blue wrote on Sep 14, 2011, 15:11:
ASeven wrote on Sep 14, 2011, 15:08:
Since it's MP I guess UbiDRM is completely irrelevant here even if this title has it.

http://www.bluesnews.com/s/124496/no-always-on-drm-for-trackmania-2

Ah thanks!

So, this is the full game then? For some reason I've got the idea this is sort of a huge playable preview for the game, don't ask me why.

13. Re: Ships Ahoy - TrackMania 2: Canyon Sep 14, 2011, 15:29 PHJF

Nobody going to mention how awesome that music is?  

Steam + PSN: PHJF

32 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo