Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Ships Ahoy - Call of Juarez: the Cartel

Though not noted on the official website, Call of Juarez: The Cartel is now available in North America, offering the modern-day follow-up to Techland's wild western first-person shooter. In addition to being available in stores, the game is also available online from Direct2Drive, Impulse, and Steam. Here's a blurb on the game: "Welcome to the new Wild West. This first-person shooter brings the lawlessness of the Old West into present day. You’ll embark on a bloody road trip from Los Angeles to Juarez, Mexico immersing yourself in a gritty plot with interesting characters and a wide variety of game play options."

View
13 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

13. Re: Ships Ahoy - Call of Juarez: the Cartel Sep 14, 2011, 12:31 Jerykk

I wonder why the devs doing the developmental or the testers cant see that what they are making/testing is nothing but pile a shit.

It doesn't really matter at that point. The publisher has already paid for the game and the devs have to finish it by a certain deadline. They don't have time to restart from scratch and the publishers aren't going to let them just cancel the project. In the end, it's all about the money.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

12. Re: Ships Ahoy - Call of Juarez: the Cartel Sep 14, 2011, 10:03 Omni

I wonder why the devs doing the developmental or the testers cant see that what they are making/testing is nothing but pile a shit.

I could care less about this game but im just wondering which world they are living in, obvious they are not willing to produce a descent product .
Its shit products like this that make people pirate games I would fucking feel robed if I bought this game.

11. Re: Ships Ahoy - Call of Juarez: the Cartel Sep 14, 2011, 08:10 Quboid

Zero Punctuation review.

That, ese, is damning even by Yahtzee's standards, ese.

- Quboid

10. Re: Ships Ahoy - Call of Juarez: the Cartel Sep 14, 2011, 04:05 Jerykk

Seems like they wanted to cash in on the modern military shooter fad but tried to stand out by replacing soldiers with cops and terrorists with gangbangers and cartel thugs.  

9. Re: Ships Ahoy - Call of Juarez: the Cartel Sep 14, 2011, 03:17 StingingVelvet

Really a shame to see this series driven into the ground like this. The original was a very good game with the "US patch" which toned down the stealth and limited arrows. The second one was great as a sort of CoD game in the wild west, and looked gorgeous.

Why they tanked the whole thing with this is beyond me.

8. Re: Ships Ahoy - Call of Juarez: the Cartel Sep 14, 2011, 02:54 Rhett

I've heard NOTHING but bad about it, and it wasn't even out yet?! Wow.  

7. Re: Ships Ahoy - Call of Juarez: the Cartel Sep 14, 2011, 00:08 jimnms

Wow, I thought this was already out.  

MeanJim on Steam

6. Re: Ships Ahoy - Call of Juarez: the Cartel Sep 13, 2011, 22:43 Overon

You would think that this game is the shovelware based off a movie franchise.  

5. Re: Ships Ahoy - Call of Juarez: the Cartel Sep 13, 2011, 22:36 Fion

To bad really, if you overlooked some of the bad design choices made in the first two, they were actually quite fun.  

4. Re: Ships Ahoy - Call of Juarez: the Cartel Sep 13, 2011, 21:52 Prez

I was okay with the shift to modern day, but I'm a little less okay with the shift to a crap game (judging by the review scores).  

“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.”
- Mahatma Gandhi

3. Re: Ships Ahoy - Call of Juarez: the Cartel Sep 13, 2011, 21:49 Vomulus

Yeah..boy did this franchise take a bad direction! WTF were they thinking?!  

2. Re: Ships Ahoy - Call of Juarez: the Cartel Sep 13, 2011, 21:21 nin

A51Abductee wrote on Sep 13, 2011, 21:18:
48/100 for this game's PC version on Metacritic, and a few points lower for the consoles, for what it's worth.

Wow...

http://store.nin.com/index.php?cPath=10

1. Re: Ships Ahoy - Call of Juarez: the Cartel Sep 13, 2011, 21:18 A51Abductee

48/100 for this game's PC version on Metacritic, and a few points lower for the consoles, for what it's worth.  

13 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo