Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Diablo III Skill Calculator

The Diablo III Community Website has details on new stuff they now offer about the upcoming action/RPG sequel. This includes a new game section with details on classes and equipment, a new What's New in Diablo III section, as well as a new skill calculator to allow you to play around with character builds by selecting active and passive skills for any class, socket runestones, and even share your build.

View
15 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

15. Re: Diablo III Skill Calculator Sep 15, 2011, 04:52 dj LiTh

I dont think some of you guys even played diablo 2 ffs.... I played hardcore mode exlusively and my Sorc. always had high str. high vit. so i could equip plate armor for survivability. I had an insane mana regen with warmth so i didnt need all that big of a mana pool. There were very few class restricted items, as i'm sure will be the case here.  

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

14. Re: Diablo III Skill Calculator Sep 14, 2011, 16:07 Alamar

Wallshadows wrote on Sep 13, 2011, 23:37:
The calculator is nice to go over. I figure my first character will be used strictly for magic finding as I was the case for D2 to fuel my other characters with items and wealth. However, now that I see there will be a fairly large cooldown on Teleport even with the passive 20% reduction through Evocation, I'll have to go over each tree and watch some videos in the future in the event that I am not in the beta.

Look at the 'wormhole' rune for TP... It says the CD doesn't start for 2s... which sounded 'like a nerf', but I think it means you can spam TP , as long as you don't stop for 2s.

Gadzooks wrote on Sep 14, 2011, 13:03:
This new tool, feels... bland. Its not the tools fault. Its the fact that D3s skill system is so different. There isnt really a feel of customizing your own unique build. There is no sense of choice.

There really isnt even a reason to use a tool like this because the system feels so dumbed down.

It's an 'unlock' system I believe, so you unlock all your skills, load them up with a rune, then select your 'load out' for missions, much like GW (a system I hated, so we'll see how it goes)... But it does imply they're designing with competitive PVP in mind...

Coming up with a great combo of 6 abilities with 6 runes that blend well together will be no less work than that required to make a good D2 build... Or, just check whatever website lists the OP build ; )

-Alamar

13. Re: Diablo III Skill Calculator Sep 14, 2011, 13:03 Gadzooks

Its cool that they put this up.

It however only makes me sad. I spent hours in front of skill calcs for D2. Why? Because it was fun building various specs and builds for my characters. I loved that aspect of D2.

This new tool, feels... bland. Its not the tools fault. Its the fact that D3s skill system is so different. There isnt really a feel of customizing your own unique build. There is no sense of choice.

There really isnt even a reason to use a tool like this because the system feels so dumbed down.

12. Re: Diablo III Skill Calculator Sep 14, 2011, 10:55 InBlack

Shok wrote on Sep 14, 2011, 08:42:
Than wrote on Sep 14, 2011, 01:28:
One thing to keep in mind is that it seems all armor can be worn by every character assuming they met the level requirement. By that I mean, my wizard can wear chain, as can my barbarian, as can my monk. However, the appearance of the armor always changed to suit the class. So for example, my wizard playthrough has a relatively highly leveled up blacksmith, so I craft everything with her, then put it in my stash, and every character can pull the gear out and equip it, and the stats of the armor didn't seem to change. Makes me wonder why the status of crafters in the game aren't persistent across characters.

Weapons were different, and there were obviously some weapons that could only be worn by certain classes. However, things were still very flexible. My wizard could wield a 2h sword, or a hatchet/shield combo, or a wand and an orb. There were only a few things like hand wraps for monks, and shivs for demon hunters that were very class specific.

Seriously? Any character can wear just about any armor? I guess I'm just old fashioned but I prefer class armor restrictions...

Seriously? Call me old fashioned but I kind of prefer they dont fuck up the old-school Diablo2 formula (which I gather youve never played) which is exactly what they are doing.

I have a nifty blue line!

11. Re: Diablo III Skill Calculator Sep 14, 2011, 08:47 Dirwulf

Weapons were different, and there were obviously some weapons that could only be worn by certain classes. However, things were still very flexible. My wizard could wield a 2h sword, or a hatchet/shield combo, or a wand and an orb. There were only a few things like hand wraps for monks, and shivs for demon hunters that were very class specific.

You could do the same thing in D2. I had a two handed mace wielding wizard. I would freeze enemies with ice, and then shatter them with the mace. Good times.

10. Re: Diablo III Skill Calculator Sep 14, 2011, 08:42 Shok

Than wrote on Sep 14, 2011, 01:28:
One thing to keep in mind is that it seems all armor can be worn by every character assuming they met the level requirement. By that I mean, my wizard can wear chain, as can my barbarian, as can my monk. However, the appearance of the armor always changed to suit the class. So for example, my wizard playthrough has a relatively highly leveled up blacksmith, so I craft everything with her, then put it in my stash, and every character can pull the gear out and equip it, and the stats of the armor didn't seem to change. Makes me wonder why the status of crafters in the game aren't persistent across characters.

Seriously? Any character can wear just about any armor? I guess I'm just old fashioned but I prefer class armor restrictions...

9. Re: Diablo III Skill Calculator Sep 14, 2011, 07:55 Fibrocyte

Mashiki Amiketo wrote on Sep 14, 2011, 00:19:
Wow. That's impressive. It asks my 'age' to view the content even though I'm logged into b.net. My brain is broken at the stupidity.

Steam does the same thing. Maybe your brain is broken after all...

8. Re: Diablo III Skill Calculator Sep 14, 2011, 04:24 InBlack

I gotta say, I like the new skill system. If I had any doubts about it, they are pretty much gone now. Im playing the Demon Hunter, lol this character is soooo overpowered....

Although Im guessing they are gonna balance this a bit, but some of those skill combinations for the Demon Hunter are just....sick.

I have a nifty blue line!

7. Re: Diablo III Skill Calculator Sep 14, 2011, 01:28 Than

I figure my first character will be used strictly for magic finding as I was the case for D2 to fuel my other characters with items and wealth. However, now that I see there will be a fairly large cooldown on Teleport even with the passive 20% reduction through Evocation, I'll have to go over each tree and watch some videos in the future in the event that I am not in the beta.

6. Re: Diablo III Skill Calculator Sep 14, 2011, 01:22 Dirwulf

Mashiki Amiketo wrote on Sep 14, 2011, 00:19:
Wow. That's impressive. It asks my 'age' to view the content even though I'm logged into b.net. My brain is broken at the stupidity.

Its called Lawyers.

5. Re: Diablo III Skill Calculator Sep 14, 2011, 00:19 Mashiki Amiketo

--
"For every human problem,
there is a neat, simple solution;
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

4. Re: Diablo III Skill Calculator Sep 13, 2011, 23:37 Wallshadows

The calculator is nice to go over. I figure my first character will be used strictly for magic finding as I was the case for D2 to fuel my other characters with items and wealth. However, now that I see there will be a fairly large cooldown on Teleport even with the passive 20% reduction through Evocation, I'll have to go over each tree and watch some videos in the future in the event that I am not in the beta.

Demon Hunter looks like an Assassin / Amazon hybrid and could be a terrific magic finder with great survivability for later difficulties.

For some reason though it feels like Demon Hunters will be like Death Knights in WoW...

3. Re: Diablo III Skill Calculator Sep 13, 2011, 22:04 Fion

Wow an actual skill calculator? Could it be that this game is actually going to come out this year after all? I suppose if that is the case we'll get an announcement at Blizzcon.  

2. Re: Diablo III Skill Calculator Sep 13, 2011, 21:31 Cutter

So, does the calulator have to be always on?

And yes, I do care it's online only.

"The South will boogie again!" - Disco Stu

1. Re: Diablo III Skill Calculator Sep 13, 2011, 21:21 Nate

So much info its almost possible to taste the gameplay.

And yes, I don't care its online only.

15 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo