Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Greenbelt, MD 08/22

Regularly scheduled events

Steamships Ahoy - Hard Reset: Includes Changes Based on Demo Feedback

Steam News announces the release of Hard Reset, the cyberpunk first-person shooter from indie Polish developer Wild Flying Hog. Also, as noted on the release notes on the Steam Users' Forums, several changes have been implemented since the release of a playable demo last week. These include the ability to easily change FOV, more checkpoints, a new fast menu option, bug fixes, and more. They also say they are working on adding support for Eyefinity and 3D Vision as well as other changes based on user feedback, and say: "Some surprises await you in the near future, and we will support Hard Reset even after its launch." Here's word on the game:

Warsaw (September 13): Flying Wild Hog's debut game, Hard Reset, is finally available on Steam! This old-school first-person shooter doesn't bother with modern niceties like taking cover, regenerating health or constantly reloading weapons – this is run-and-gun action in a stunningly-realized cyberpunk setting, as you try to stop an army of robots from overrunning humanity's last city.

In a world where artificial intelligence research has gone awry, robots rise up against their masters and become the killing machines we all knew they were destined to be. Only your hero stands between a metallic hell and the safety of all humankind.

View
20 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

20. Re: Steamships Ahoy - Hard Reset: Includes Changes Based on Demo Feedback Sep 14, 2011, 13:06 Bumpy

StingingVelvet wrote on Sep 14, 2011, 01:26:
If it ain't Battlefield or what-not then nobody is playing the fucking multiplayer anyway. A 6 hour campaign is standard for $60 games now-a-days and this one is 7 hours and $30.

What world do you live in? Multiplayer is hugely important, co-op anyone, especially in short games like this.

7 hours is claimed by the makers, most forum posters and reviewers are finishing the game in 5 hours or less.

Deus Ex for the almost standard GMG price of $34 has 3 if not 4 times the gameplay amount for near the same price.

Your sense of game value has been dumbed down or something.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

19. Re: Steamships Ahoy - Hard Reset: Includes Changes Based on Demo Feedback Sep 14, 2011, 10:47 Dev

ZOMG! How dare they take feedback from a demo and implement it into the release? Thats unheard of nowadays when retail releases are supposed to be beta tests using paid customers! (Or dev build tests)  

18. Re: Steamships Ahoy - Hard Reset: Includes Changes Based on Demo Feedback Sep 14, 2011, 01:26 StingingVelvet

Bumpy wrote on Sep 13, 2011, 20:49:
Most other games this short length at least have multiplayer included.

For what you get, this game is definitely overpriced more than most.

If it ain't Battlefield or what-not then nobody is playing the fucking multiplayer anyway. A 6 hour campaign is standard for $60 games now-a-days and this one is 7 hours and $30.

17. Re: Steamships Ahoy - Hard Reset: Includes Changes Based on Demo Feedback Sep 13, 2011, 22:57 Overon

Well I kind of liked the demo. A little nostalgia is okay. I played it on the highest difficulty level and those little machine bastards made me sweat.

And they are actually taking feedback and modifying the game? Wow remember those days when a demo comes out, feedback is given, and the developers go and make changes? That's great.

16. Re: Steamships Ahoy - Hard Reset: Includes Changes Based on Demo Feedback Sep 13, 2011, 21:51 Prez

I played Hard Reset tonight and I'm really enjoying it so far. Fun game with great visuals.

This comment was edited on Sep 13, 2011, 22:19.

“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.”
- Mahatma Gandhi

15. Re: Steamships Ahoy - Hard Reset: Includes Changes Based on Demo Feedback Sep 13, 2011, 20:49 Bumpy

StingingVelvet wrote on Sep 13, 2011, 18:39:
Bumpy wrote on Sep 13, 2011, 16:23:
Over priced for the basic gameplay and length.

If this is true then so is almost every other shooter.

Most other games this short length at least have multiplayer included.

For what you get, this game is definitely overpriced more than most.

14. Re: Steamships Ahoy - Hard Reset: Includes Changes Based on Demo Feedback Sep 13, 2011, 19:47 commonperson

I felt it wasn't bad it just wasn't great. I'll wait for the inevitable steam sale dropping it to 5 dollars.  

13. Re: Steamships Ahoy - Hard Reset: Includes Changes Based on Demo Feedback Sep 13, 2011, 19:13 StingingVelvet

Icewind wrote on Sep 13, 2011, 18:44:
Steam isn't *really* DRM.

BTW, I love that tin foil hat you wear. Does it really block government laser rays the way you folks claim it does?

At least I have a basic understanding of what DRM is.

12. Re: Steamships Ahoy - Hard Reset: Includes Changes Based on Demo Feedback Sep 13, 2011, 18:44 Icewind

StingingVelvet wrote on Sep 13, 2011, 18:37:
I like how they told Ars Technica the game would be DRM free, yet it is Steam exclusive. Marketing!

Anyway, bought it.

Steam isn't *really* DRM.

BTW, I love that tin foil hat you wear. Does it really block government laser rays the way you folks claim it does?

11. Re: Steamships Ahoy - Hard Reset: Includes Changes Based on Demo Feedback Sep 13, 2011, 18:39 StingingVelvet

Bumpy wrote on Sep 13, 2011, 16:23:

If this is true then so is almost every other shooter.

10. Re: Steamships Ahoy - Hard Reset: Includes Changes Based on Demo Feedback Sep 13, 2011, 18:37 StingingVelvet

I like how they told Ars Technica the game would be DRM free, yet it is Steam exclusive. Marketing!

Anyway, bought it.

9. Re: Steamships Ahoy - Hard Reset: Includes Changes Based on Demo Feedback Sep 13, 2011, 18:12 Dades

Tried the demo but didn't really think it was worth dropping money on.  

8. Re: Steamships Ahoy - Hard Reset: Includes Changes Based on Demo Feedback Sep 13, 2011, 17:01 Mad Max RW

Turning off the horrible motion blur:

Ctrl ~ for command console
pp_enable 0

In the release announcement they claim the console is disabled, but it works just fine for me.

7. Re: Steamships Ahoy - Hard Reset: Includes Changes Based on Demo Feedback Sep 13, 2011, 16:23 Bumpy

6. Re: Steamships Ahoy - Hard Reset: Includes Changes Based on Demo Feedback Sep 13, 2011, 15:56 GeneralAdmission

Credit to the studio for its responsiveness to customers. Haven't yet played the demo, but this might be a title to pick up during the next Steam sale.

Also, it sounds like some robust mod support could go far in offering (apparently much needed) longevity to the game.

5. Re: Steamships Ahoy - Hard Reset: Includes Changes Based on Demo Feedback Sep 13, 2011, 15:51 nin

Yea for the FOV and fast menu options. That menu was neat, but it got a little stale after awhile.

http://www.nin.com/pub/tension/

4. Re: Steamships Ahoy - Hard Reset: Includes Changes Based on Demo Feedback Sep 13, 2011, 15:43 Ratty

I really wanted to love it, coming as if did from the guys who made the awesome Painkiller. But it just wasn't for me. It was beautiful, ran like a dream ... I guess I just didn't like the cramped feel of it. Or something. The enemies are really fast, you can't outrun them, you die really fast. I just need more room to maneuver.  

3. Re: Steamships Ahoy - Hard Reset: Includes Changes Based on Demo Feedback Sep 13, 2011, 15:42 Tumbler

Wow, I went to their website after playing the demo and asked them to add the FOV options. Was easy to find their email on the site so I figured what the hell, here is some feedback. I'm impressed. I hope this game does well.

And I believe this makes me a game designer! Woo hoo! We gotta stop those used game sales, killing the Industry, dlc adds value, come on guys $60 ain't that much, cup o coffee u know?

99gamers.com-Game trading site, PC digital trading!
Kickstarter "Game Developer"!

2. Re: Steamships Ahoy - Hard Reset: Includes Changes Based on Demo Feedback Sep 13, 2011, 15:21 reisub

I love me some run and gun but this sounds mighty short for the price.  

1. Re: Steamships Ahoy - Hard Reset: Includes Changes Based on Demo Feedback Sep 13, 2011, 15:10 kanniballl

Eh, I don't know. It was alright, and I can appreciate the time that went into it.

But from the demo, it still looks like your standard FPS run-and-gun, with up gradable weapons.

I might pick it up, if for no reason than to support other shops... but I need more than run-and-gun to keep me interested.

"Space. It seems to go on and on forever. But then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you."
-Fry, Futurama

20 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo