Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

FIFA 12 Demo

A playable demo is now available for FIFA 12, offering the chance to kick around the next installment in this association football/soccer series. The download is mirrored on AusGamers, AtomicGamer, ComputerGames.ro, Strategy Informer, GamePron, and Gamer's Hell. There are a couple of issues with this, as noted on German site PC Games, where a translation shows that the demo cannot be installed on a system where FIFA 11 is also installed, but uninstalling FIFA 11 will solve this problem, and this forum post has another workaround if that doesn't work. Also, this forum post warns players with unsupported controllers to unplug them during installation (thanks Gamer's Hell). Here's word on the game:

FIFA 12 brings to the pitch the game-changing new Player Impact Engine, a physics engine built to deliver real-world physicality in every interaction on the pitch. Revolutionary gameplay innovations inspired by the real-world of football make FIFA 12 deeper and more engaging. All-new Precision Dribbling delivers a higher fidelity of touch on the ball for attacking players, while Tactical Defending fundamentally changes the approach to defending by placing equal importance on positioning, intercepting passes and tackling. Plus, CPU players have been infused with Pro Player Intelligence, the next generation of player intelligence and performance.

View
14 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

14. Re: FIFA 12 Demo Sep 14, 2011, 08:24 JayDeath

Quboid wrote on Sep 13, 2011, 12:08:
JayDeath wrote on Sep 13, 2011, 11:56:
Nice! Anyone play it yet? Is it any better than '11? I'm dusting my G27 off now!

Your G27? For FIFA? That would be fun to watch.

Wrong game. My bad.

Steam: Henry Krinkle
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

13. Re: FIFA 12 Demo Sep 13, 2011, 16:40 Quboid

I've played it, it's pretty good. Like FIFA 11, but with updated teams. If you liked FIFA11, you'll like this. If you didn't, you won't.  

- Quboid

12. Re: FIFA 12 Demo Sep 13, 2011, 16:38 SpectralMeat

kanniballl wrote on Sep 13, 2011, 15:13:
I mean, this is coming from a guy that used the Joystick for just about all of the games back in the day. Even Doom and Dark Forces.

'Til one of my friends showed me how cool it was using the mouse + kb.

Did that help with your kill/death ratio?

Steam: SpectralMeat

11. Re: FIFA 12 Demo Sep 13, 2011, 15:13 kanniballl

SpectralMeat wrote on Sep 13, 2011, 12:32:
Nice! Anyone play it yet? Is it any better than '11? I'm dusting my G27 off now!
That reminds me there was a youtube video of someone playing CoD4 with the steering wheel.

Edit: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U5X9TFbNqeI

I guess I could see how that would work.

I mean, this is coming from a guy that used the Joystick for just about all of the games back in the day. Even Doom and Dark Forces.

'Til one of my friends showed me how cool it was using the mouse + kb.

"Space. It seems to go on and on forever. But then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you."
-Fry, Futurama

10. Re: FIFA 12 Demo Sep 13, 2011, 13:26 Quboid

reisub wrote on Sep 13, 2011, 13:18:
Quboid wrote on Sep 13, 2011, 11:55:
Sadly, the player impact engine is console only. Why? Because, that's why.
I tend to think you're wrong.

Yay! Thanks reisub (and EA, I guess).

- Quboid

9. Re: FIFA 12 Demo Sep 13, 2011, 13:18 reisub

Quboid wrote on Sep 13, 2011, 11:55:
I tend to think you're wrong.

8. Re: FIFA 12 Demo Sep 13, 2011, 12:32 SpectralMeat

That reminds me there was a youtube video of someone playing CoD4 with the steering wheel.

Edit: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U5X9TFbNqeI

7. Re: FIFA 12 Demo Sep 13, 2011, 12:08 Quboid

Your G27? For FIFA? That would be fun to watch.

- Quboid

6. Re: FIFA 12 Demo Sep 13, 2011, 11:56 JayDeath

Steam: Henry Krinkle

5. Re: FIFA 12 Demo Sep 13, 2011, 11:55 Quboid

necrosis wrote on Sep 13, 2011, 10:18:
Unsupported controllers?

1) Why are you using a controller on a PC?
2) How is a controller unsupported? Does it not just talk to the OS which should have the drivers for said controller? Like mice?

EDIT: Read the thread. More hard coding for the 360 controller only bullshit. Seriously whatever happened to the game just talking to the OS for access to devices like this?

A controller is virtually a necessity for football games. Playing FIFA without a gamepad is like playing MS Flight Sim without a joystick - i.e. a great way to crash in a fireball.

- Quboid

4. Re: FIFA 12 Demo Sep 13, 2011, 10:41 kanniballl

SpectralMeat wrote on Sep 13, 2011, 10:34:

Some games just work better with a controller, like racing games, or games with helicopters and flying vehicles (if you do not want to use your joystick, or steering wheel for racing games)
I have a wired 360 controller and use it for some games, but mostly racing games.

True, that's another reason. I'd also like to add some adventure games like Bastion.

I have a steering wheel / pedal setup in my closet. It was great for the umpteen hours I played NFS: Most Wanted back in the day, but the thing is way too big. It's gathering dust now because I don't play racing games often enough to warrant mounting it on my desk + putting it away all the time. And it's definitely too big to just leave it mounted full-time.

Same with some Joystick setups: too big for a non-filing-cabinet drawer, and sometimes too big/annoying to just leave out there when I'm doing work stuff.

Instead, a 360 wired controller that I can easily throw in my drawer if it's getting in the way... and it handles the occasional racing / flight sim / space shooter with its analog sticks. Not as well as either, but well enough and more engaging than a mouse.

"Space. It seems to go on and on forever. But then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you."
-Fry, Futurama

3. Re: FIFA 12 Demo Sep 13, 2011, 10:34 SpectralMeat

necrosis wrote on Sep 13, 2011, 10:18:

Some games just work better with a controller, like racing games, or games with helicopters and flying vehicles (if you do not want to use your joystick, or steering wheel for racing games)
I have a wired 360 controller and use it for some games, but mostly racing games.

2. Re: FIFA 12 Demo Sep 13, 2011, 10:29 kanniballl

I sometimes use the controller on the PC, unless it's a game that requires fast+precise movements to enjoy it like a frantic FPS where you want quick head-shots. Or if the game just requires too many buttons (ie RTS).

You can sit back and enjoy youself fairly well: it's great for a lot of casual (or just some slow) games. I already spend 7.5 work-hours behind a desk with my hands in the mouse+keyboard position probably giving myself carpal tunnel or whatever.

The whole MsLive / 360-controller thing is a mixed bag. If you break down and get one, then most of the current PC games support the thing incredibly well.

If you try using anything but, then you have to program it: this button is that, that button is this, wait this doesn't have enough buttons, etc.

Obviously, the perfect scenario is any controller would work the same with little-to-no intervention on the user, and that the OS+Driver guide which button is which (Button A is the "equivalent" of Yellow-Y, button B is the "equivalent" of Blue-X, etc).

But it's not working out that. And let's face it, even stuff like Joysticks would have a hard time configuring for some game or another. And those were around a lot longer than PC-based gamepads.

-Fry, Futurama

1. Re: FIFA 12 Demo Sep 13, 2011, 10:18 necrosis

Unsupported controllers?

2) How is a controller unsupported? Does it not just talk to the OS which should have the drivers for said controller? Like mice?

EDIT: Read the thread. More hard coding for the 360 controller only bullshit. Seriously whatever happened to the game just talking to the OS for access to devices like this?

14 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo