Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Greenbelt, MD 08/22

Regularly scheduled events

CD Projekt RED Hiring for The Witcher 3?

Gampur offers a translation of a German quote on the-Witcher.de suggesting CD Projekt RED is looking ahead to the next installment in The Witcher series of action/RPGs. Here's the quote, properly convoluted by a machine translation: "Thatís a good question Well, I think the problem that some people have is the overall impression. The first part could just as easily be a stand-alone, while the second part of a planned trilogy is now time, logically, have a very open end of the third part has to go. Consider this example for comparison to films like Pirates of the Caribbean, where the first part one self-contained story has, the later is unchangeable, but then you think, it should be a trilogy. So people have a problem then. The end of The Witcher 2 is the beginning of much larger events, while The Witcher one rather a cliffhanger ending was." Thanks VG247, who point out that the247arcade.com found a listing on the Careers page on thewitcher.com (which has since been removed) for a game designer for their next game, stating "knowledge about The Witcher lore is a plus," suggesting this is for The Witcher 3 or some other game related to the series.

View
10. Re: CD Projekt RED Hiring for The Witcher 3? Sep 12, 2011, 08:29 Slashman

Acleacius wrote on Sep 12, 2011, 05:58:
Jerykk wrote on Sep 12, 2011, 00:12:
It's hard to remain neutral when you're thrust into events outside of your control. Unless one of the paths is to become a hermit who lives alone in the forest, I don't see any way for the player to remain completely neutral.
I just can't think of a situation I've or anyone I know where you meet two sides and your only choice it to help one kill the other. Now even if there are people in the world who've experienced this or know someone who has, it must be a minority.

It's probably safer to talk about the Witcher 1, since some might not have played Witcher 2, yet. A good example is the false choice between the two women in chapter 3 or between the two factions in the bank. If I saw two people about to fight each other to the death, I wouldn't help one of them. Well, if it was good verses evil, evil might need to die.

What about if the only way to get something you absolutely needed was to rely on the resources of one or the other side? So that not choosing one means that you could never complete your objective?

Or what if each side would prefer you dead rather than see you walk away and not help them?

Or if you want to stress Witcher 1...you have no choice but to help a king after you save his life...that's how you end up in the situation you're in in Witcher 2 in the first place.

Also...not choosing a side while in the middle of a battleground means you have no one to watch your back and neither side has any reason to not kill you.

Previous Post Next Post Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

Date Subject Author
  1. Sep 11, 13:58 Re: CD Projekt RED Hiring for The Witcher 3? Techie714 ©
  2. Sep 11, 14:43  Re: CD Projekt RED Hiring for The Witcher 3? Mashiki Amiketo
  3. Sep 11, 14:50 Re: CD Projekt RED Hiring for The Witcher 3? Acleacius
  4. Sep 11, 15:39  Re: CD Projekt RED Hiring for The Witcher 3? Mashiki Amiketo
  7. Sep 12, 00:12  Re: CD Projekt RED Hiring for The Witcher 3? Jerykk
  8. Sep 12, 00:53   Re: CD Projekt RED Hiring for The Witcher 3? Slashman
  9. Sep 12, 05:58   Re: CD Projekt RED Hiring for The Witcher 3? Acleacius
>> 10. Sep 12, 08:29    Re: CD Projekt RED Hiring for The Witcher 3? Slashman
  11. Sep 12, 09:10     Re: CD Projekt RED Hiring for The Witcher 3? eRe4s3r
  12. Sep 12, 11:31      Re: CD Projekt RED Hiring for The Witcher 3? Slashman
  13. Sep 12, 14:29       Re: CD Projekt RED Hiring for The Witcher 3? eRe4s3r
  14. Sep 12, 15:53        Re: CD Projekt RED Hiring for The Witcher 3? Slashman
  15. Sep 13, 05:15         Re: CD Projekt RED Hiring for The Witcher 3? eRe4s3r
  16. Sep 13, 11:23          Re: CD Projekt RED Hiring for The Witcher 3? Slashman
  5. Sep 11, 17:10 Re: CD Projekt RED Hiring for The Witcher 3? Sepharo
  6. Sep 11, 20:46  Re: CD Projekt RED Hiring for The Witcher 3? Slashman

footer

Blue's News logo