Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Space Force Constellations Revealed

Dreamatrix Publishing reveals Space Force Constellations an "action-packed" turn-based strategy game set in space, where no one can hear you scream "hurry up and go already!" They say this game of galactic conquest will offer "a new experience in gameplay" as you "battle your way through a series of devastating space feuds, for supremacy across the universe. Unleash your firepower and launch an arsenal of special attacks to destroy the enemy." Space Force Constellations does not yet carry a release date, but here are some screenshots and a gameplay trailer.

View
8 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

8. Re: Space Force Constellations Revealed Sep 11, 2011, 12:32 Wildone

I LOVEEEEEEEEEEEEE the amazing 1st person space combat, the feeling of immersion as I fly over the highly detailed surface of a capital ship that seems to take forever to cross, all the while being shot at by ion cannons and attacked by enemy ships. GOD I LOVE NEXT GENERATION SPACE SIMS...

..oh..wait...

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

7. Re: Space Force Constellations Revealed Sep 11, 2011, 09:37 TheBeefiest

Beware this franchise... They just kind of abandoned the first one without fixing much. Its also really bland.  

6. Re: Space Force Constellations Revealed Sep 11, 2011, 08:46 Numinar

I wanted to love galciv2, but the planet management seemed as convoluted and pointless as the planet management in MOO3. Moo1 was my favorite, you just detailed the military/industrial/pop/eco/science budget for each planet and let them get to work. I find it hard to get down to the nitty gritty of galactic domination when I have to play sim city on 40 planets.

Also, the combat in MOO1 and 2 may have been a little abstract, but you got to really enjoy your upgrades and even if it was a number with a sprite above it, you got a great sence of scale. Sword of the Stars got pretty close but not quite there for me.

Not to put anyone down, TBS revival is the best thing ever! People just need to think about what made those old games work and exploit the shit out of it, not just the premise or one or two aspects. Just need a proper xcom clone, but i'm starting to think engineers that good don't exist anymore or just cannot hack it in 3d.

5. Re: Space Force Constellations Revealed Sep 11, 2011, 01:33 Draugr

Seriously.

I don't know what it is about the genre but I love it way too much.
Galciv2 is certainly on the list of favorites. I have wasted so much time with that game. And the ship builder? Basically playing with legos and almost as time consuming as the game itself.

4. Re: Space Force Constellations Revealed Sep 10, 2011, 23:37 Creston

There's been quite a lot of space strategy / turn based / 4X games coming out, or in the wings, lately. I wonder what changed to suddenly make them so interesting for devs to pursue? It's always been kind of a niche.

I hope it continues.

Creston

3. Re: Space Force Constellations Revealed Sep 10, 2011, 18:16 shpankey

Nice!  

2. Re: Space Force Constellations Revealed Sep 10, 2011, 15:44 Nate

Well that trailer was "interesting"?  

1. Re: Space Force Constellations Revealed Sep 10, 2011, 15:30 Annex

Exciting game, with the most annoying trailer EVER.  

8 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo