Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Greenbelt, MD 08/22

Regularly scheduled events

Sengoku Demo

A playable demo is now available for Sengoku, offering the chance to sample Paradox Interactive's grand strategy game set in Feudal Japan. On a related note, this video offers a developer walkthrough of the game, and here's a description: "A strategy game with a difference, the focus of Sengoku is on the rich cast of characters. Take control of a clan leader, or subordinate, and rise to prominence in your attempt to become an all-powerful Shogun. Fight to unite the land of the Rising Sun under your iron fist through a combination of deal making, deploying samurai and unleashing shadowy Ninja." The demo is available from AtomicGamer and Gamer's Hell.

View
8 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

8. Re: Sengoku Demo Sep 10, 2011, 10:35 Luther

Weird, you'd think of all people one of the developers of this game would know how to pronounce the clan names correctly in that video. I couldn't repress a serious wince every time I heard him say "Uesugi" or "Date". Still, looks pretty awesome, and definitely picking this up just from what I saw.

Well, quite! It's ooo-eh-sue-gi and da-teh. But perhaps they're more interested in bandwagon jumping and don't want to go into to too much depth.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

7. Re: Sengoku Demo Sep 10, 2011, 09:20 Grounded

Looks as boring and ugly as every other Europa Univeralis Paradox clone  

6. Re: Sengoku Demo Sep 10, 2011, 08:28 ShakyJake

Weird, you'd think of all people one of the developers of this game would know how to pronounce the clan names correctly in that video. I couldn't repress a serious wince every time I heard him say "Uesugi" or "Date". Still, looks pretty awesome, and definitely picking this up just from what I saw.  

5. Re: Sengoku Demo Sep 9, 2011, 22:59 dubfanatic

Sounds like Crusader Kings set in feudal Japan. Definitely going to check this one out.

4. Re: Sengoku Demo Sep 9, 2011, 21:57 beigemore

I keep thinking of the Neo Geo game.  

3. Re: Sengoku Demo Sep 9, 2011, 21:45 Dmitri_M

This is perfect for me since I autocompleted nearly every battle playing through the Shogun 2 campaign.  

2. Re: Sengoku Demo Sep 9, 2011, 21:27 Prez

Looks like it might be cool, though Shogun 2 has me in a "3D BATTLES!" mood when it comes to Asian history.  

“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.”
- Mahatma Gandhi

1. Re: Sengoku Demo Sep 9, 2011, 20:06 JaguarUSF

I've posted some impressions of the review version of Sengoku, if you are interested.  

8 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo