Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

GTA4 Live Event Today

Word on Rockstar Games is they will be holding a Grand Theft Auto IV and Episodes from Liberty City event later today on Games for Windows LIVE. The festivities will run from 4:00-7:00 pm EDT. Word is: "Plus we'll have a video stream running right alongside the chat, and you'll have the opportunity to win one of 20 Rockstar prize packs consisting of a t-shirt and stickers...all on the multiplayer events page."

View
25 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

25. Re: GTA4 Live Event Today Sep 9, 2011, 16:26 Creston

Joss wrote on Sep 9, 2011, 15:08:
It's Friday and I'm buying everyone a beer.

You are my new best friend.

Creston

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

24. Re: GTA4 Live Event Today Sep 9, 2011, 16:26 Creston

Pankin wrote on Sep 9, 2011, 14:25:
Perfect reply. I couldn't have imagined better.

Good, because it's the last one you'll ever get. Savor it, buddy! Let that imagination just run wild!

Creston

23. Re: GTA4 Live Event Today Sep 9, 2011, 15:10 Halo

I was going to talk about GTAIV but I feel that it would be off topic. =\  

22. Re: GTA4 Live Event Today Sep 9, 2011, 15:08 Joss

It's Friday and I'm buying everyone a beer.  

21. Re: GTA4 Live Event Today Sep 9, 2011, 14:25 Pankin

Creston wrote on Sep 9, 2011, 13:21:
You know, it could just be that 20 million people are dying for any news on the NEXT GTA.

Or you can write 238 paragraphs what YOU think someone else said. I think you should start your own psychic hotline. Together with your buddy.

Creston

Perfect reply. I couldn't have imagined better.

20. Re: GTA4 Live Event Today Sep 9, 2011, 13:21 Creston

You know, it could just be that 20 million people are dying for any news on the NEXT GTA.

Or you can write 238 paragraphs what YOU think someone else said. I think you should start your own psychic hotline. Together with your buddy.

Creston

19. Re: GTA4 Live Event Today Sep 9, 2011, 13:01 Pankin

Well, let's be fair here. I'll give you that GFWL is a giant turd that you've got to cut with a spatula before it can flush...but Creston did say "An event for a three year old game?" and it was its own sentence. Its own separate point, if you will (and I know you will!)

So let's deconstruct that particular sentence for a sec.

What do you think was the purpose of pointing out that it's a three year old game? Merely stating a fact? OK, let's say that's true. Let's say that Creston was merely stating a fact, as was his claim.

Would stating this fact instead be equally impactful?: "An event for a GTA sequel?"

How about this fact? "An event for a popular shooter?"

Yeah, I'm not so sure.

If we're all nice and honest with ourselves (I know you can do it!) I think we all know why Creston said what he said. He meant to express a pinch of incredulity (please correct me if I'm totally off base here) that a game as old as GTA IV was the recipient of an event they'd send a press release for. Yes? No? I mean, let's be honest.

And if that is the case, then Justice had a point saying that a developer in support of such a venerable game should be celebrated, not vilified. Or, more appropriately...pointing out a game's age should not be used against the developer when said developer is only trying to support one of their games. Justice is right on this point. This board has a strong tendency toward complaining that the squirrel never eats from our hand and then whacking it with a stick when it does.

The REAL reason this is an "event" is because GTA IV forced GFWL as a condition to play, making that game consistently appear in every top 10 GFWL list since release. In other words: it's the crown jewel in GFWL's repertoire; quite literally the only game in that squalor town, except for maybe Fallout 3. Granted, this is a Rockstar event but Microsoft is a more-than-willing partner, obviously.

18. Re: GTA4 Live Event Today Sep 9, 2011, 12:25 bhcompy

justice7 wrote on Sep 9, 2011, 10:53:
Creston wrote on Sep 9, 2011, 10:46:
An event for a three year old game? On the most hated "games" service in existence? Sounds like a winner.

Creston

Very strongly disagree with your negative remark about GTA IV here.

It is most likely my favourite video game of all time, and I started on the Atari. Supporting a three year old game is something that most people around here would say that companies never seem to do anymore... yet when they do it, you've got something 'smart' to say about it.

Supporting a three year old game many people adore is all good in my books.

As i'd stated in a previous thread, most Blues posters are extremely negative nancies. Debbie downers, shit disturbers or just outright cynical.

Need to make sure you comprehend the statement before you respond to it. The comment says most hated games service, which GFWL is.

17. Re: GTA4 Live Event Today Sep 9, 2011, 12:22 eRe4s3r

that wasn't a remark about GTA IV, it was about GFWL and SOCIAL CLUB, the 2 worst services in history, so bad that at some point modders actually REMOVED THEM FROM THE GAME. Which is pretty funny if you think about it (mods that remove things, instead of adding them)

but yes, sometimes a bit of cynicism coated with negativity and doom is needed ^^

16. Re: GTA4 Live Event Today Sep 9, 2011, 11:45 Creston

It's amazing how all these "Waaah, Blues is so negative" trolls apparently don't realize how fucking boring their shit's gotten. It was old five years ago.

Thanks again for the ignore list, Frans!

Creston

15. Re: GTA4 Live Event Today Sep 9, 2011, 11:39 nin

It's all the little turd does. Every third post he's whining that Bluesnews is full of "negative nancies," which seems to be his favorite saying

I guess, by his own words, that might make him a "shit disturber"?

http://www.nin.com/pub/tension/

14. Re: GTA4 Live Event Today Sep 9, 2011, 11:39 xXBatmanXx

Creston wrote on Sep 9, 2011, 11:35:
Much quieter with his bleating on the ignore list.

Creston

I find myself adding people every few days. I think we inherited some turds from other sites that have been banned.....

In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem. / Few men have virtue enough to withstand the highest bidder.
Playing: New dad

13. Re: GTA4 Live Event Today Sep 9, 2011, 11:39 Verno

As i'd stated in a previous thread, most Blues posters are extremely negative nancies. Debbie downers, shit disturbers or just outright cynical.

This kind of silliness is a transparent attempt to shut down discussion because someones opinion differs from your own. You're not unique or special, you're a Blues poster like the rest of us. If its so bad then you know the drill with the door and your ass.

Playing: The Last of Us Remastered
Watching: Intruders, Coherence, The Rover

12. Re: GTA4 Live Event Today Sep 9, 2011, 11:35 Creston

nin wrote on Sep 9, 2011, 11:29:
Reading comprehension is fun. He didn't say anything bad about GTA IV, he said GFMFWL sucks ass.

Maybe you shouldn't be so quick to judge, lest others judge you the same.

It's all the little turd does. Every third post he's whining that Bluesnews is full of "negative nancies," which seems to be his favorite saying. I thought everyone who used that phrase died out forty years ago, but apparently not.

Much quieter with his bleating on the ignore list.

Creston

11. Re: GTA4 Live Event Today Sep 9, 2011, 11:29 nin

An event for a three year old game? On the most hated "games" service in existence? Sounds like a winner.

Creston

It is most likely my favourite video game of all time, and I started on the Atari. Supporting a three year old game is something that most people around here would say that companies never seem to do anymore... yet when they do it, you've got something 'smart' to say about it.

Supporting a three year old game many people adore is all good in my books.

Reading comprehension is fun. He didn't say anything bad about GTA IV, he said GFMFWL sucks ass.

Maybe you shouldn't be so quick to judge, lest others judge you the same.

http://www.nin.com/pub/tension/

10. Re: GTA4 Live Event Today Sep 9, 2011, 11:29 justice7

xXBatmanXx wrote on Sep 9, 2011, 11:25:
Joss wrote on Sep 9, 2011, 11:14:
xXBatmanXx wrote on Sep 9, 2011, 11:05:
I wonder if this is a play to see how many people are using it or the service to get an idea when to sunset the servers?

This more than likely.

Well, hopefully if they sunset, then they release some tools to allow us our own servers. Get back to the good ol days of gaming and open that bitch up. SA Cops and Robbers is still so much fun it is ridiculous.

Actually unlikely, they've been hosting multiplayer events since the Social Club started. This is part of their draw to get people to sign up for the site, since social networking gaming sites are the new big thing it seems. (battlelog, call of duty xp are a couple good examples)

9. Re: GTA4 Live Event Today Sep 9, 2011, 11:25 xXBatmanXx

Joss wrote on Sep 9, 2011, 11:14:
I wonder if this is a play to see how many people are using it or the service to get an idea when to sunset the servers?

This more than likely.

Well, hopefully if they sunset, then they release some tools to allow us our own servers. Get back to the good ol days of gaming and open that bitch up. SA Cops and Robbers is still so much fun it is ridiculous.

In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem. / Few men have virtue enough to withstand the highest bidder.
Playing: New dad

8. Re: GTA4 Live Event Today Sep 9, 2011, 11:19 justice7

Creston wrote on Sep 9, 2011, 11:08:

Quit your fucking whining. If you hate bluesnews so much, how about you take your dumb ass right out the fucking door? You sound like a fucking toddler crying that you can't get a cookie.

Where do I give a negative remark about GTA4? I say it's three years old. Oh, look, GTA4 came out three years ago. So a fact is now already negative in your book?

But hey, keep stirring that same old boring-ass pot. WAAAAAAH BLUESNEWS IS SO NEGATIVE. WAAAAAAH, WHY CAN'T WE ALL SING KUMBAYA?

It seems that that's about all you do, so on the whining wanker list you go.

Creston

It sounds like someone got hurt a bit by the truth. Maybe Blues posters aren't the problem.. maybe it's just you; the most active negative poster on the site. Your raging over what I had to say is evidence of this fact. lol, gave me a good laugh I've been lurking Blues for a very long time, and it's worth pointing out that you're poison.

This comment was edited on Sep 9, 2011, 11:24.

7. Re: GTA4 Live Event Today Sep 9, 2011, 11:14 Joss

This more than likely.

6. Re: GTA4 Live Event Today Sep 9, 2011, 11:08 Creston

Creston

Quit your fucking whining. If you hate bluesnews so much, how about you take your dumb ass right out the fucking door? You sound like a fucking toddler crying that you can't get a cookie.

Where do I give a negative remark about GTA4? I say it's three years old. Oh, look, GTA4 came out three years ago. So a fact is now already negative in your book?

But hey, keep stirring that same old boring-ass pot. WAAAAAAH BLUESNEWS IS SO NEGATIVE. WAAAAAAH, WHY CAN'T WE ALL SING KUMBAYA?

It seems that that's about all you do, so on the whining wanker list you go.

Creston

This comment was edited on Sep 9, 2011, 11:14.

25 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo