Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Borderlands 2 PC Wish List Request

The Gearbox Software Forums are soliciting PC gamers to suggest wish list items for the Windows edition of Borderlands 2, their upcoming role-playing shooter sequel (thanks Rock, Paper, Shotgun). Here's word:

Id like to hear your suggestions for PC "Options" and other PC specific interface niceties that you'd like to see in Borderlands 2!

Please remember that this is all blue sky, but rest assured we'll be putting a lot of effort into properly supporting our PC customers for Borderlands 2, so I want to gather as much information as possible from our community.

View
46 Replies. 3 pages. Viewing page 2.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 ] Older >

26. Re: Borderlands 2 PC Wish List Request Sep 8, 2011, 01:04 Jim

Really? There are like about 3000 threads in the gearbox forums on this topic. Guess they all were ignored for #2, like they were for #1, I suppose.  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

25. Re: Borderlands 2 PC Wish List Request Sep 8, 2011, 00:47 Krovven

Bumpy wrote on Sep 8, 2011, 00:34:
With mod'able RAGE coming, I see Borderlands 2 as sloppy seconds at best.

It's not like Borderlands 2 is coming out anytime soon. Rage will be old hat by the end of the year.

Even though there were many problems particularly at launch, some never fixed, some horrible design decisions, crappy story, crappy interface, horrible ending, etc etc...

...But in the end, I payed $37.50 for Borderlands in a 4-pack, paid another $7.50 to get all the DLC on sale, played through once solo and once coop and I have over 85 hours played. I say over, because I think Steam lost (or didn't track at the time) some time played at launch. The game was fun and had good gunplay, and coop. So if I can get Borderlands 2 for the same price or less...I'll probably bite again.

24. Re: Borderlands 2 PC Wish List Request Sep 8, 2011, 00:37 nin

Atmosphere seems a bit bitter in here. Forgive and forget, no?

No.

http://www.nin.com/pub/tension/

23. Re: Borderlands 2 PC Wish List Request Sep 8, 2011, 00:34 Bumpy

Atmosphere seems a bit bitter in here. Forgive and forget, no?

With mod'able RAGE coming, I see Borderlands 2 as sloppy seconds at best.

22. Re: Borderlands 2 PC Wish List Request Sep 8, 2011, 00:28 Jerykk

By "they," do you mean Gearbox or developers in general? Because Eidos said that they'd put effort into the PC port of DX:HR and that's exactly what they did.  

21. Re: Borderlands 2 PC Wish List Request Sep 8, 2011, 00:08 ZeroCougar

You'll know they never actually do any of this. They will never put in major work to make the PC version stand out. Its all talk, its always talk. We end up with the same crippled games we always get. And these guys get to thank what little "props" they give us, like this, for boosting there PC sales demographic on a pie chart in there board room.

Wow I must be really mad today. Ohh well I mean what I say here.

- That's a very nice everything you have there... ssssssssSSSSSSSSSSS -

20. Re: Borderlands 2 PC Wish List Request Sep 7, 2011, 23:59 Jerykk

I always disliked it when I was picking up something with E that my weapon would automatically reload. Or something like that...it's been a while. Basically, the reload key should reload only.

Yeah, that's a popular console mechanic. Since gamepads don't have enough buttons, shooters usually map "Reload" and "Pick up weapon" to the same button, with the latter being triggered by holding the button for a short amount of time. It's pretty clunky and absolutely unnecessary on PC where you have a wealth of keys available.

19. Re: Borderlands 2 PC Wish List Request Sep 7, 2011, 23:53 Pankin

I always disliked it when I was picking up something with E that my weapon would automatically reload. Or something like that...it's been a while. Basically, the reload key should reload only. The select/interact key should select/interact only. Oh, and FOV.  

18. Re: Borderlands 2 PC Wish List Request Sep 7, 2011, 22:51 Tom

How about netcode that doesn't randomly drop players all the time and make them lose quest progress, throwing them out of sync with the rest of the players?

Dunno if they ever fixed that because my group of friends gave up on the game after months went by, various patches came out, and the problem persisted.

17. Re: Borderlands 2 PC Wish List Request Sep 7, 2011, 22:29 Overon

Wow they are going to properly support PC customers for Borderlands 2? So they are doing a 180 from Borderland 1, isn't that nice of them.  

16. Re: Borderlands 2 PC Wish List Request Sep 7, 2011, 22:26 Dades

A user interface that isn't complete garbage would be a nice start if I had to make a list. Graphics options would be nice, some of us don't want to do it in our video card control panel. Put some effort into making it appear like it wasn't hastily changed at the last second to use a keyboard and mouse.  

15. Re: Borderlands 2 PC Wish List Request Sep 7, 2011, 22:26 Sepharo

Lorcin wrote on Sep 7, 2011, 22:22:
Offtopic:

I just used the phrase "joypad" - but tbh I should have used "controller" because apparently "joy-anything" now also feels pretty well erm gay. So gay is gay, joy is rapidly becoming gay (no thanks really to the thrustmaster line of joysticks)- how long until all positive adjectives seem a bit homosexual?

Seek help sir. Oh no, "sir" isn't that gay now too? Shit!

14. Re: Borderlands 2 PC Wish List Request Sep 7, 2011, 22:22 Lorcin

Offtopic:

I just used the phrase "joypad" - but tbh I should have used "controller" because apparently "joy-anything" now also feels pretty well erm gay. So gay is gay, joy is rapidly becoming gay (no thanks really to the thrustmaster line of joysticks)- how long until all positive adjectives seem a bit homosexual?

13. Re: Borderlands 2 PC Wish List Request Sep 7, 2011, 22:16 Lorcin

Nope all good here - really enjoyed the first game. It was a light, brainless waste of time which was a million times more enjoyable than nearly anything on TV.

I don't need specific GFX options - can set them in my GPU control panel. Can't think of much else except another gaming equivalent of a Michael Bay film (not smart, not clever, not deep, not particularly engaging - but kinda fun, and even more fun with mates and beer).

Ohhhhhhh one little request which would be underused but still worth smacking M$ in the face for - how about native support for a PS3 joypad. I'd never use a joypad for a FPS but hey if your asking then yeah - could you bitch slap microsoft please?

12. Re: Borderlands 2 PC Wish List Request Sep 7, 2011, 22:06 Dades

How about all of the shit you guys promised the first time?  

11. FOV changeable Sep 7, 2011, 21:56 eRe4s3r

Don't make the same mistake as THE CARTEL and DEAD ISLAND

Pc gamers do not play 4 miles from their screen (unlike on consoles) we want higher FOV

10. Re: Borderlands 2 PC Wish List Request Sep 7, 2011, 21:55 nin

The best thing gearbox could do with borderlands would be to give it to an outside dev. Other than that, I don't hold out much hope.

http://www.nin.com/pub/tension/

9. Re: Borderlands 2 PC Wish List Request Sep 7, 2011, 21:52 JohnBirshire

I wish to see more than 3 enemies in the entire game.  

8. Re: Borderlands 2 PC Wish List Request Sep 7, 2011, 21:46 Dev

Sepharo wrote on Sep 7, 2011, 20:57:
Can't say I'm not loving this new found "DO AS THE PC PLAYERS WISH" mentality around the major industry players.

Props to all the whiners and elitists out there and thanks Steam/Valve.

and a begrudging nod to uh, social gaming
Huh? You aren't a PC gamer? Is there something wrong with spending at least a little bit of time polishing up a console port? Basic things like making sure mouse/keyboard as a control scheme works well? Making sure you can rebind keys? There's tons of ports that don't even do those basic things. And if you look at the big publisher's financials such as EA, the PC market meets or beats any other single platform, so is there anything really wrong with doing some things for the PC market? There's cases where the xbox 360 and ps3 have slightly different features in the same game, making one platform superior for a specific game, was it wrong for that company to include extra stuff for that platform?

Besides most of the stuff companies blither about catering to PC gamers is just talk, no action. They are trying to cater to PC gamers without actually doing much, and pick up a few more sales from wishful thinkers.

Borderlands 1 is a good example, they claimed they delayed the PC game to after the console game release in order to polish it for PC gamers, and they didn't do anything of the sort. The PC interface was horrible. There were other issues too (such as multiplayer being nearly unplayable for a while after release, it was like it was tacked on without much testing)... its not that great of a port. I got in on a pre-order 4 pack, and enjoyed it for what it was, but if they had spent just a little time on polish it would have been a much more enjoyable experience playing it.

Given the past history with just borderlands 1, I'm not trusting much that gearbox says about doing PC gamer stuff.

Another example is MS, they seem to come out with a new statement every couple months or so for the past couple years about how they are rededicating themselves to the PC... and nothing happens.

This comment was edited on Sep 7, 2011, 21:55.

7. Re: Borderlands 2 PC Wish List Request Sep 7, 2011, 21:18 StreetPreacher

I'm a Steam whore, so I'd say get rid of whatever crap 3rd party multiplayer system BL1 uses. What is that ... Gamespy? EA? Don't like it.

But whatever you do, do NOT use GFWL.

46 Replies. 3 pages. Viewing page 2.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo