Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Borderlands 2 PC Wish List Request

The Gearbox Software Forums are soliciting PC gamers to suggest wish list items for the Windows edition of Borderlands 2, their upcoming role-playing shooter sequel (thanks Rock, Paper, Shotgun). Here's word:

Id like to hear your suggestions for PC "Options" and other PC specific interface niceties that you'd like to see in Borderlands 2!

Please remember that this is all blue sky, but rest assured we'll be putting a lot of effort into properly supporting our PC customers for Borderlands 2, so I want to gather as much information as possible from our community.

View
46 Replies. 3 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 ] Older >

46. Re: Borderlands 2 PC Wish List Request Sep 14, 2011, 14:18 Lobster

OK, I know this is kind of specific so please bear with me.

I want revolvers that you can reload without removing the entire cylinder. That seems to be the new "thing" these days, that a revolver cylinder is actually a big chunky magazine and you replace the whole thing. Doesn't make sense to me that your sniper rifle has a speedloader but you're throwing out entire pieces of your revolver every two shots.

Deus Ex broke my heart. C'mon, Gearbox.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

45. Re: Borderlands 2 PC Wish List Request Sep 8, 2011, 19:19 Dev

Tim wrote on Sep 8, 2011, 05:59:
Jaded doesn't even describe blues thesedays
Can you blame us? Look as past games, or heck, look at the past borderlands 1 from this very company.

44. Re: Borderlands 2 PC Wish List Request Sep 8, 2011, 12:08 Creston

Sure thing, Randy. You'll do a proper PC port this time, just like you did the first time!

Fool me once, shame on me, etc. Nothing of this wish list will ever make it into their shitty port.

(Btw, still loved the game, but it's a dismally poor port.)

Creston

43. Re: Borderlands 2 PC Wish List Request Sep 8, 2011, 09:08 Verno

My Borderlands 1 memories consist of me trying to instruct friends on how to manually open ports as if we went back in time before UPNP was discovered Smash

Playing: Alien Isolation, Legend of Grimrock 2, Super Mario 3D World
Watching: A Good Marriage, The Knick, Gotham

42. Re: Borderlands 2 PC Wish List Request Sep 8, 2011, 08:54 Eccentric

BL1 memories;

1. Purchase on Steam, tear through game, co-oping with friend, fun, fun, fun.
2. Purchase first DLC, friend's machine now crashes continually, eh?
3. Discover that while original has no DRM, the DLC stealth installed SecuROM. Great. Friend's machine has no CD-ROM (and why not these days), as near as we can figure this is cause of crashes.
4. Uninstalled, goodbye, and f**k you Gearbox/Steam/whoever's fault it was, we couldn't be arsed getting a refund but will forever blame you and won't be buying any more of your sh*t.

/rant

41. Re: Borderlands 2 PC Wish List Request Sep 8, 2011, 08:41 Tim

Hoop wrote on Sep 8, 2011, 08:05:
Tim wrote on Sep 8, 2011, 07:50:
Hoop wrote on Sep 8, 2011, 06:58:
Tim wrote on Sep 8, 2011, 06:30:
Hoop wrote on Sep 8, 2011, 06:16:
Sorry folks - loved the first one and didn't have any major problems with it at all. As always i'd like to see FOV adjustments (especially now i'm on 16:10) but other than that don't break the formula too much and manage to surprise us a bit too.

Hi Randy!

Case in point, thank you

Your welcome Randy.

Would of been so much snappier had you spelt it right
Schools used to be so much better.

NRN Timmy Randy Ucrazy

Trollbashing

40. Re: Borderlands 2 PC Wish List Request Sep 8, 2011, 08:41 Verno

Tim wrote on Sep 8, 2011, 07:52:
That's a nice idea - I liked the fact in MP you could share out the loot between you and your friends according to discipline.

That'd be nice and all but functioning multiplayer at launch and stuff like a basic PC interface would be nicer.

Playing: Alien Isolation, Legend of Grimrock 2, Super Mario 3D World
Watching: A Good Marriage, The Knick, Gotham

39. Re: Borderlands 2 PC Wish List Request Sep 8, 2011, 08:05 Hoop

Tim wrote on Sep 8, 2011, 07:50:
Sorry folks - loved the first one and didn't have any major problems with it at all. As always i'd like to see FOV adjustments (especially now i'm on 16:10) but other than that don't break the formula too much and manage to surprise us a bit too.

Hi Randy!

Case in point, thank you

Your welcome Randy.

NRN Timmy Randy Ucrazy

Um .. Behind you...

38. Re: Borderlands 2 PC Wish List Request Sep 8, 2011, 07:52 tRens

WOW....

"and other PC specific interface niceties that you'd like to see in Borderlands 2!"

We're being asked what we like?

Do/Have the devs ever played a PC game?

Why in the hell do they have to ask us?

37. Re: Borderlands 2 PC Wish List Request Sep 8, 2011, 07:52 Tim

theyarecomingforyou wrote on Sep 8, 2011, 07:17:
Most importantly, allow weapons to be tradable through the Steam trading market, like TF2 does! That would be pretty damn awesome.

That's a nice idea - I liked the fact in MP you could share out the loot between you and your friends according to discipline.

36. Re: Borderlands 2 PC Wish List Request Sep 8, 2011, 07:50 Tim

Hi Randy!

Case in point, thank you

Your welcome Randy.

35. Re: Borderlands 2 PC Wish List Request Sep 8, 2011, 07:17 theyarecomingforyou

I'd like to see them actually spending time on the PC version. That means no "Press Enter" to start; not using "Esc" to save settings; not including bullshit DLC activation nonsense (I was playing last night with a mate on the DLC and the game was stuck on the loading screen for over 5 minutes - turned out a hidden activation window had appeared and we both had to alt-tab out the game to see it); none of the button simplification (as mentioned) and make it less obviously (no floating "[E] Use", as it's distracting).

And controlling the vehicles with the mouse was just weird. I can understand it - a keyboard has no pressure sensitivity and is a binary controller mechanism - but it still seems... wrong.

As for PC features - just show us that you care. Throw in at least a few DX11 features, give us a benchmarking tool, give us decent matchmaking (judging by the Borderlands patch due they'll be using Steamworks, which is a good thing). Most importantly, allow weapons to be tradable through the Steam trading market, like TF2 does! That would be pretty damn awesome.

SteamID: theyarecomingforyou
Star Citizen: Blue's News

34. Re: Borderlands 2 PC Wish List Request Sep 8, 2011, 07:09 Sphinx

A push to talk button on VoIP and no need to do port redirection to get co-op working. Otherwise, I'm good for some more Punch-Shoot-Loot.  
-Sphinx

33. Re: Borderlands 2 PC Wish List Request Sep 8, 2011, 06:58 Hoop

Hi Randy!

Case in point, thank you

Your welcome Randy.

Um .. Behind you...

32. Re: Borderlands 2 PC Wish List Request Sep 8, 2011, 06:30 Tim

Hi Randy!

Case in point, thank you

This comment was edited on Sep 8, 2011, 06:48.

31. Re: Borderlands 2 PC Wish List Request Sep 8, 2011, 06:16 Hoop

Hi Randy!

Um .. Behind you...

30. Re: Borderlands 2 PC Wish List Request Sep 8, 2011, 05:59 Tim

29. Re: Borderlands 2 PC Wish List Request Sep 8, 2011, 05:27 Hoop

Don't make it!

Ps I hate you Randy!

I won't forget the "Hells highway" of false promises (You dick)...yes we never forget ... & never mind the mugs that bought the last Duke (not me btw).... because I now know the dick .... & yes I mean you Randy.

This comment was edited on Sep 8, 2011, 06:18.

Um .. Behind you...

28. Re: Borderlands 2 PC Wish List Request Sep 8, 2011, 02:27 ZeroCougar

Well probably any multi-platform releasing dev/pub. It just endlessly seems like they promise the moon to PC people and end up only giving lip service. Like I said I just get mad at being promised things and end up getting a cross between half-assed and nothing at all.  

- That's a very nice everything you have there... ssssssssSSSSSSSSSSS -

27. Re: Borderlands 2 PC Wish List Request Sep 8, 2011, 02:03 Gas Bandit

For the love of god, correct aspect ratio calculation for field of view. BL1 did not have it, you had to hack it to get proper FOV for widescreen monitors.

DO NOT CROP TOP/BOTTOM, ADD LEFT/RIGHT. YOU BASTARDS.

I think that's the best that can be asked for... if it has to be on consoles at all, that means no matter how much they "polish" it, it's still going to be dumbed down for the console kids.

So tired of "Hallways-R-Us" FPSes.

46 Replies. 3 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo