Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

1.25 Million BF3 Preorders

Electronic Arts CFO Eric Brown today told attendees of the Citi Tech Conference that Battlefield 3 has 1.25 million preorders, saying this is well ahead of its forerunner. "To date we have about 1.25 million pre-orders on Battlefield 3, so it's still well ahead of its predecessor title, Battlefield: Bad Company 2, in regards to pre-orders in the same number of weeks until launch. So it's doing very well," Brown said before going on to explain their plans to aggressively market the military shooter sequel to take advantage of beating competitor Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 to the marketplace. "We have a pretty extensive campaign planned for Battlefield 3," Brown stated. "We have the advantage of a two-and-a-half week early launch window versus our competitor, and we intend to use that."

View
42 Replies. 3 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 ] Older >

42. Re: 1.25 Million BF3 Preorders Sep 12, 2011, 16:23 Verno

Without a unit breakdown this is kind of meaningless to me.  

Playing: The Last of Us Remastered
Watching: Intruders, Coherence, The Rover
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

41. Re: 1.25 Million BF3 Preorders Sep 8, 2011, 20:14 Beamer

xXBatmanXx wrote on Sep 8, 2011, 10:41:
Nate wrote on Sep 7, 2011, 22:13:
Mr. Tact wrote on Sep 7, 2011, 21:32:
Never played the first two, how does the Blue's crew rate the previous two incarnations?

Never played BF1 but sure played a heck of a lot of BF2 and BF2142. Bought Bad Company 2 but it wasn't for me.

Go play Battlefield Play4Free and see if you like it. Its almost identical to BF2.

Except for the TF2 type gameplay, horrid graphics, clunky interface, hazy crap tastic textures, console type controls, input lag, etc etc etc.

I played 4Free for about 20 minutes and never went back.

4Free was terrible.

I had BF1942 but late and never really played it.
BF2 I despised. Hated. You ran like you were waist-deep in water, making infantry horribly unfun. Vehicles were better, but there was always a line of people waiting at their spawn points.

I still don't get the love. DICE games aren't fun to me. I'll try BF3 for the single player, but the controls in these games always struck me as terrible.

-------------
Music for the discerning:
http://www.deathwishinc.com
http://www.hydrahead.com
http://www.painkillerrecords.com

40. Re: 1.25 Million BF3 Preorders Sep 8, 2011, 19:36 Dev

Jackplug wrote on Sep 7, 2011, 23:38:
Firefly was brilliant, just like Lie to Me. Lie to me had 8+ million viewers and it got cancelled, it was brilliant. I loved every episode, if you look on tv.com it never had a bad episode and it only got 2.5 series. Another series was series was Terriers, good acting, scripting the works. What annoys me the likes of Chuck gets abt 10 series, which for me is dire, none thinking, shitty acting, dire scripts.
Any other TV suggestions? I hadn't heard of terriers, and I'll probably go watch the 1 season that there is.

39. Re: 1.25 Million BF3 Preorders Sep 8, 2011, 11:50 Jackplug

xXBatmanXx wrote on Sep 8, 2011, 10:41:

Except for the TF2 type gameplay, horrid graphics, clunky interface, hazy crap tastic textures, console type controls, input lag, etc etc etc.

The interface has health, bullets and weapons. Whats so clunky about that?? what it was is that you got owned!!
I've played TF2 since it started and its brilliant team based game, those who don't like this must play cod games.

38. Re: 1.25 Million BF3 Preorders Sep 8, 2011, 10:44 xXBatmanXx

Some of my best gaming moments in the BF world are from BF and BF2 with bots and playing co-op with friends against the bots. They weren't very good, but it sure was a hell of a lot of fun!  

In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem. / Few men have virtue enough to withstand the highest bidder.
Playing: New dad

37. Re: 1.25 Million BF3 Preorders Sep 8, 2011, 10:41 xXBatmanXx

Nate wrote on Sep 7, 2011, 22:13:
Mr. Tact wrote on Sep 7, 2011, 21:32:
Never played the first two, how does the Blue's crew rate the previous two incarnations?

Never played BF1 but sure played a heck of a lot of BF2 and BF2142. Bought Bad Company 2 but it wasn't for me.

Go play Battlefield Play4Free and see if you like it. Its almost identical to BF2.

In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem. / Few men have virtue enough to withstand the highest bidder.

36. Re: 1.25 Million BF3 Preorders Sep 8, 2011, 10:39 xXBatmanXx

Wildone wrote on Sep 7, 2011, 21:55:
Cant wait for this, I just wish they had a pilot class. Have they done anything to negate people using jets for air taxis? GRRRR

I use them for taxis - as they should be used. I also cap the point behind enemy lines, and make them turn around to try and find me while your precious plane respawns and you can fly again. You do the team no help standing on the runway shooting at your teammates to get the plane that you are going to crash cause you are an idiot.

By the time you get int he air, they have given up the forward base to find me, which they never do, and our team is moving forward.

35. Re: 1.25 Million BF3 Preorders Sep 8, 2011, 10:37 xXBatmanXx

necrosis wrote on Sep 8, 2011, 09:11:
1.25 million people are dumber than a box of rusty hammers at the bottom of a frozen lake in Minnesota?

Having swam in Minnesota lakes......that is pretty dumb....

34. Re: 1.25 Million BF3 Preorders Sep 8, 2011, 10:19 Ant

That's nice. I didn't preorder and never do.  

Ant @ The Ant Farm: http://antfarm.ma.cx and Ant's Quality Foraged Links: http://aqfl.net ...

33. Re: 1.25 Million BF3 Preorders Sep 8, 2011, 09:11 necrosis

1.25 million people are dumber than a box of rusty hammers at the bottom of a frozen lake in Minnesota?  

32. Re: 1.25 Million BF3 Preorders Sep 8, 2011, 09:09 Verno

If all they offer is a copy-cat service that falls short, just as they have done in the past, then it won't get anywhere.

Well that's exactly what they did unfortunately so

They seem to think EA GAMES is a good reason to run Origin and I suspect for many people that's simply not enough anymore.

31. Re: 1.25 Million BF3 Preorders Sep 8, 2011, 09:04 theyarecomingforyou

I just hope that EA uses this opportunity to really innovate with Origin. I'd like to see networking/matchmaking, friends features and game updates facilities that match or surpass Steam. If not then this is a completely wasted opportunity. The only way to take on Steam is to offer features not available elsewhere. For instance, tradable games (the publisher could take a cut of each re-sale, so they wouldn't lose out), more advanced download handling (scheduling, prioritisation, speed limits) and even game ratings (only for people that own the game to limit abuse). If all they offer is a copy-cat service that falls short, just as they have done in the past, then it won't get anywhere.  

SteamID: theyarecomingforyou
Star Citizen: Blue's News

30. Re: 1.25 Million BF3 Preorders Sep 8, 2011, 08:45 Verno

Sepharo wrote on Sep 8, 2011, 01:05:
Sepharo wrote on Sep 7, 2011, 22:08:
1942 was okay huh?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bVeSroi6by8

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2GWUHS9mj5s

Damn it took me a while to find these.

God I miss that game. BC2 was alright but sometimes it feels like the BF franchise has been moving backwards ever since BF1942. The technical underpinnings seem to improve (somewhat) but the base gameplay just isn't as fun.

29. Re: 1.25 Million BF3 Preorders Sep 8, 2011, 06:48 yuastnav

Arithon wrote on Sep 8, 2011, 04:08:
[...]
what titles are not? [...]

Natural Selection
Savage - The battle for Newerth
Tremulous
Quake 1 (Quakeworld, ezquake)
Quake 2
Quake 3 (CPMA)
Return to Castle Wolfenstein - Enemy Territory
Enemy Territory - Quake Wars
Natural Selection 2
TrueCombat: Elite
Warsow
Xonotic
TrueCombat: CQB
Savage 2: A tortured soul
Gloom

28. Re: 1.25 Million BF3 Preorders Sep 8, 2011, 04:41 eRe4s3r

I think i read somewhere that you can spawn in empty vehicles in your base, if so that'd make plane camping a thing of the past  

27. Re: 1.25 Million BF3 Preorders Sep 8, 2011, 04:08 Arithon

Cutter wrote on Sep 7, 2011, 22:53:
I'll never understand why people buy this sort of garbage. Then again, I'll never understand why they do things like watch reality tv, and all the other network garbage out there.

That's what I like to see; intelligent constructive criticism, backed up with strong argument and empirical evidence.
If the BattleField series is "garbage" what titles are not? What makes it bad and the other good?
I don't play Facebook (Zynga) games, but they have merits to other people, which means while I don't like them, there's nothing wrong with them. To arbitrarily declare anything I don't like "garbage" would make me an idiot. Which is where we differ.
Comparing a team-based multi-player PC game to the likes of Big Brother, as if they have anything in common, shows how enormous your lack of understanding is, of either subject.

There are 10 types of people in this world. Those who understand binary and those who don't.

26. Re: 1.25 Million BF3 Preorders Sep 8, 2011, 01:05 Sepharo

Sepharo wrote on Sep 7, 2011, 22:08:
1942 was okay huh?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bVeSroi6by8

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2GWUHS9mj5s

Damn it took me a while to find these.

25. Re: 1.25 Million BF3 Preorders Sep 8, 2011, 00:45 Esoteric

I wonder how many preorders it would be if it was being sold on Steam already. I'm guessing 2+ million. EA hopes it's going to pay off in the long run, because it certainly isn't going to pay off in the short run.  

24. Re: 1.25 Million BF3 Preorders Sep 7, 2011, 23:38 Jackplug

Once this baby comes out, all the moronic noobs who play cod will unfortunately jump ship as they will realise BF3 is a better game.

Firefly was brilliant, just like Lie to Me. Lie to me had 8+ million viewers and it got cancelled, it was brilliant. I loved every episode, if you look on tv.com it never had a bad episode and it only got 2.5 series. Another series was series was Terriers, good acting, scripting the works. What annoys me the likes of Chuck gets abt 10 series, which for me is dire, none thinking, shitty acting, dire scripts.

23. Re: 1.25 Million BF3 Preorders Sep 7, 2011, 23:26 Dev

Cutter wrote on Sep 7, 2011, 22:53:
Then again, I'll never understand why they do things like watch reality tv, and all the other network garbage out there.
Yeah, anything interesting on TV gets canceled after 1 season, and garbage goes on for 5 or 10+ seasons. Like canceling firefly.

42 Replies. 3 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo