Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Greenbelt, MD 08/22

Regularly scheduled events

DC Universe Online Green Lantern Add-on Live

The DC Universe Online Website announces the promised free Fight for the Light add-on for SOE's superhero MMORPG is now live. This movie shows off the Green Lantern-themed add-on, and here's a bit on what it entails: "In times of great need, the Green Lantern and Sinestro Corps can give out "reservist rings" to worthy heroes or enthusiastic villains who will help restore the balance of the universe for their side; these players can be deputized into either Corps and fight alongside legendary ring-bearers. In addition to the new light power set, DCUO players will also be able to interact with characters and missions based on the Green Lantern mythos in all-new gameplay scenarios."

View
2 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

2. Re: DC Universe Online Green Lantern Add-on Live Sep 8, 2011, 16:50 merloid

Wasn't this supposed to cost $9.99?  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

1. Re: DC Universe Online Green Lantern Add-on Live Sep 8, 2011, 09:12 kanniballl

Yeh, I played it a little last night.

It's quite nice, particularly since GL is one of my favorite comic heroes. BUT it's not enough to bring me back to the game.

Actually, it's somewhat disappointing. THIS is the powerset I wanted to play at release... or just plain old energy emission, and it came out 9 months later after I'd already stopped playing. I might return to the game sometime in the future since I was stupid enough for a lifetime subscription, but right now I have too many other games keeping my full attention.

And before you mock me for the lifetime sub, I'd only ever done that once before (with Champions Online) and got my money's worth there. So I figured it was be solid here as well (and gambled poorly). At the time the "Legends" pricing was just going to be short-term, and I figured the break-even would be 1-1.5 years... but then the game sucked AND they more-or-less made Legends pricing permanent.

So it was stupid, but wasn't stupid-stupid.

Really, the game HAD potential but SOE dropped the ball. Releasing with so little content is one thing, but then lagging on the updates AND getting bent over by hackers really hurt them. And if they were smart they would've had the GL powerset added during the movie's release.

Honestly, the couple of weeks of downtime due to hackers combined with lack of content and lack of updates killed it for me. 1 would've been alright, maybe 2, but all 3 really just killed it.

This comment was edited on Sep 8, 2011, 10:11.

"Space. It seems to go on and on forever. But then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you."
-Fry, Futurama
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

2 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo