Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Hard Reset Demo

A playable demo is now available for Hard Reset, offering the chance to get behind the trigger in this cyberpunk first-person shooter from Polish developer Flying Wild Hog. Here's word: "The demo contains a good portion of the first level, offering about 20-30 minutes of play time and a good amount of replayability thanks to a wide range of weapon options (12 of 20 weapon modes are included) and, of course, Hard Reset's secret areas and general mayhem." The demo is available through Steam as well as a standalone download from ActionTrip, AtomicGamer, ComputerGames.ro, FilePlanet, Game Front, Gamer's Hell, Strategy Informer, and Worthplaying.

View
27 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

27. Re: Hard Reset Demo Sep 9, 2011, 00:29 Krovven

Painkiller + Blade Runner = Hard Reset

I'll get this, but not for $27. I don't sense a long game. But a game they expect you to play through multiple times, judging by the achievements.

$15 or less, and sometime next year when I have time.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

26. Re: Hard Reset Demo Sep 8, 2011, 10:22 nin

It's definitely an interesting demo. I like the style, but it's so short (and it's the tutorial level) that I don't think I have a good feel for the game. I'm probably going to wait for the full reviews to come out to get an idea of what the length and enemy variety is going to be like, since as a budget title those are at risk of coming up short.

The press demo (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SZeHWH_9sUg) was about 2-3 times as long, but it didn't show anything different in the gameplay.

Having said that, I wasn't expecting much, and was surprised. It feels like Serious Sam crossed with Blade Runner, and I found it fun. $30 is a little high for an indie title, but I think I'll take a chance with this one...

http://www.nin.com/pub/tension/

25. Re: Hard Reset Demo Sep 8, 2011, 09:46 Shataan

I love the look. But egads the game itself looks shallow, and uninteresting. Aaah well. Close but......  

24. Re: Hard Reset Demo Sep 8, 2011, 09:18 Beamer

emember how many say that its gotta be $50 to be considered a top title, or its gotta be $20 or less for indy?

And this is an exception how?

-------------
Music for the discerning:
http://www.deathwishinc.com
http://www.hydrahead.com
http://www.painkillerrecords.com

23. Re: Hard Reset Demo Sep 8, 2011, 09:01 ViRGE

It's definitely an interesting demo. I like the style, but it's so short (and it's the tutorial level) that I don't think I have a good feel for the game. I'm probably going to wait for the full reviews to come out to get an idea of what the length and enemy variety is going to be like, since as a budget title those are at risk of coming up short.

I do think they need to work on better explaining things though. I still haven't figured out how to tell how much currency an upgrade costs (and how much I have left). And the story cutscene, while well acted, has left me scratching my head. I think robots are attacking a city full of fake people?

22. Re: Hard Reset Demo Sep 8, 2011, 08:38 SpectralMeat

I've played through the demo a few times last night. Lot of fun, but with RO2 on the horizon I am not sure how much time I'd spend playing this game. Keep it on the shopping list though.  

Steam: SpectralMeat

21. Re: Hard Reset Demo Sep 8, 2011, 08:23 Luke

DRM free that alone made me buy it + love the blade runner music kind of  

20. Re: Hard Reset Demo Sep 8, 2011, 00:58 nin

Just finished the demo - extremely impressed!

19. Re: Hard Reset Demo Sep 8, 2011, 00:18 Hump

Holy shit this thing is fun. great over-the-top Painkiller feel all the way.  

----------------------------------------------------------------------
"Both the “left” and the “right” pretend they have the answer, but they are mere flippers on the same thalidomide baby, and the truth is that neither side has a clue."

- Jim Goad

18. Re: Hard Reset Demo Sep 7, 2011, 22:21 Jay

The demo reminded me a lot of Prey and not in a bad way.  

17. Re: Hard Reset Demo Sep 7, 2011, 20:29 nin

I'm watching the totalbiscuit video. Looks more impressive than I originally thought.

16. Re: Hard Reset Demo Sep 7, 2011, 19:53 Prez

Tried it, loved it, bought it.  

“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.”
- Mahatma Gandhi

15. Re: Hard Reset Demo Sep 7, 2011, 18:44 Dev

Seems like they are doing all the "verboten" things. PC exclusive no consoles, $30 price point (remember how many say that its gotta be $50 to be considered a top title, or its gotta be $20 or less for indy?), and no added DRM.

I might need to buy this just to support the devs, and as a bonus the game itself looks decent from the videos.

14. Re: Hard Reset Demo Sep 7, 2011, 18:26 spindoctor

Frijoles wrote on Sep 7, 2011, 18:16:
So is the demo the same one that TotalBiscuit and RockPaper played? Is this a media build demo or something else?

The demo is the same as the videos we've been seeing for the past month or so. Not sure about the 2 sources you linked, but it's the same level as the Giantbomb quick look. I'm assuming they're all the same.

Some of the most miserable and unhappy gamers on the planet are at Bluesnews

13. Re: Hard Reset Demo Sep 7, 2011, 18:16 Frijoles

So is the demo the same one that TotalBiscuit and RockPaper played? Is this a media build demo or something else?

I preordered after seeing it on WTF. Looks like some good cheap fun.

12. Re: Hard Reset Demo Sep 7, 2011, 17:55 DangerDog

You can easily tell if a game is tied to Steam by seeing if there are "Achievements" listed.

If you hate Steam your game selection is going to be pretty slim

Dead Island, Hard Reset, RAGE, Modern Warfare 3, Skyrim, Torchlight II, Serious Sam 3, Warhammer 40,000: Space Marine, Deus Ex HR, Red Orchestra 2.

Probably even more games that I'm not even aware of, all are Steamworks driven.

11. Re: Hard Reset Demo Sep 7, 2011, 17:32 yuastnav

Kajetan wrote on Sep 7, 2011, 17:24:
EddieTheHack wrote on Sep 7, 2011, 16:52:
... there is no drm ...
So, is there a way to buy it direct from the devs or from another platform? Because Steam is DRM.

It doesn't look like that. When you go to their page and click on the preorder button it redirects you to the steam-page.

10. Re: Hard Reset Demo Sep 7, 2011, 17:24 Kajetan

EddieTheHack wrote on Sep 7, 2011, 16:52:
... there is no drm ...
So, is there a way to buy it direct from the devs or from another platform? Because Steam is DRM.

9. Re: Hard Reset Demo Sep 7, 2011, 16:52 EddieTheHack

Pre-Ordered it. Had a blast with the demo, its a small developer, there is no drm, and it runs great. All the reasons I need  

8. Re: Hard Reset Demo Sep 7, 2011, 16:29 elefunk

I mean, it uses Steam, so there is DRM for those of you who still actually care about games requiring Steam, but for most of us who are perfectly fine with that, there is no *other* DRM that actually intrudes on your experience.  

27 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo