Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Diablo III Public Beta "Very Close"

With news that the "friends and family" beta for Diablo III is underway, VG247 has word from Blizzard that the public testing of the action/RPG sequel nears. "We’re getting very close to starting the closed public beta test for Diablo III," a Blizzard rep told them. "You might start seeing some new reports about the beta client as we’ve begun limited external testing with employees and their families, and there is no non-disclosure agreement (NDA) for that. We look forward to sharing more info about the beta test in the near future. Stay tuned." The lack of NDA explains why the leaked beta footage that's being widely reported today (but you saw last week thanks to your good taste in gaming news) is still online. The Diablo III Beta FAQ has details on how to try and get invited to the beta.

View
34 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

34. Re: Diablo III Public Beta Sep 8, 2011, 08:29 InBlack

Well, Im excited. Blizzard has repeatedly stated that the Beta for Diablo 3 will be very short compared to all of the previous outings, so yeah Im psyched.

Could this mean D3 Christmas 2011? I remember stating that I never believed for one second that D3 would be released before 2012. Maybe Ill have to eat my own words...I wouldnt mind choking on that though....

I have a nifty blue line!
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

33. Re: Diablo III Public Beta Sep 7, 2011, 18:59 Dev

BTW, thanks for the reminder about the computer setup. My old one had the specs on my old computer:

OPERATING SYSTEM:
Windows 2.5.1.2600 (Service Pack 3)
CPU TYPE:
AMD Athlon(tm) 64 Processor 4000
CPU SPEED:
2.77 GHz
SYSTEM MEMORY:
2 GB
VIDEO CARD MODEL:
NVIDIA GeForce 8800 GTS

Although I do wonder if that computer would be more likely to get into the beta or not... anyway, I'll update it. My guess is they won't even bother with accounts that haven't been updated in over a year or two.

Edit: Amusingly they have no clue how to do video memory.

OPERATING SYSTEM:
Windows 2.6.1.7601 (Service Pack 1)
CPU TYPE:
Intel® Core™ i7 CPU 920 @ 2.67GHz
CPU SPEED:
2.72 GHz
SYSTEM MEMORY:
6 GB
VIDEO CARD MODEL:
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 470
VIDEO CARD MEMORY:
3.97 GB

32. Re: Diablo III Public Beta Sep 7, 2011, 18:52 Dev

Wildone wrote on Sep 7, 2011, 11:52:
"Unable to Continue
You must have at least one full version of a Blizzard Entertainment game attached to this Battle.net account in order to set up your beta profile."
How can you call yourself a PC gamer without having owned even one title from amongst the 3 major blizzard series; Starcraft series, Warcraft series (not WoW) and diablo series?

As mentioned, you can buy legit keys for the older games from various sites for a few bucks. If blizzard battle.net takes it, its legit. As a side note, getting a starcraft key automatically gives you the brood war expansion, since blizzard never did keys with the expansion so since blizzard put it on battle net they've given it away free to all starcraft owners.

31. Re: Diablo III Public Beta "Very Close" Sep 7, 2011, 18:20 Mr. Tact

Let us hope the beta this time is at least as fractionally small a portion of the entire game...  
Truth is brutal. Prepare for pain.

30. Re: Diablo III Public Beta Sep 7, 2011, 17:30 peteham

Than wrote on Sep 7, 2011, 14:46:
Indeed. The 3.5 hours was only for what was available in the beta. It *might* be the entire first act, but I suspect it's probably a subset of the first act.
It was the same deal for the Diablo 2 Open Beta as well.. You could go as far as Blood Raven, but no further, which accounted for at most 1/5 of Act 1. No idea how long D3 acts will be by comparison, though.

29. Re: Diablo III Public Beta Sep 7, 2011, 15:26 Fibrocyte

Than wrote on Sep 7, 2011, 14:46:
Indeed. The 3.5 hours was only for what was available in the beta. It *might* be the entire first act, but I suspect it's probably a subset of the first act.

Thanks for the clarification.

28. Re: Diablo III Public Beta Sep 7, 2011, 15:26 Fibrocyte

Luke wrote on Sep 7, 2011, 14:39:
DRM 3 beta well good luck to all the Duracell rabbits

I know you're trying to say something. What is it, little feller? What is it...?

27. Re: Diablo III Public Beta Sep 7, 2011, 14:46 Than

26. Re: Diablo III Public Beta Sep 7, 2011, 14:39 Luke

DRM 3 beta well good luck to all the Duracell rabbits  

25. Re: Diablo III Public Beta Sep 7, 2011, 14:26 MattyC

FUCKING BULLSHIT

"Unable to Continue
You must have at least one full version of a Blizzard Entertainment game attached to this Battle.net account in order to set up your beta profile."

FUCK YOU

Seems pretty logical to me. It reduces people making 20 accounts trying to up the odds of getting an invite. Surely you have one Blizzard game? StarCraft and Diablo II keys work just fine.

24. Re: Diablo III Public Beta Sep 7, 2011, 14:23 gilly775

Illumin wrote on Sep 7, 2011, 12:51:
FUCKING BULLSHIT

"Unable to Continue

FUCK YOU

Couldn't you just download the free "up to lvl 20" world of warcraft and create a account? Wouldn't cost a dime. I know its a pain in the ass work around but hey its still free once the accounts made you can delete the game and never play it.

No, it doesn't count. It specifically states you need a full game when signing up for the beta test. I'm glad I kept my Diablo II and LOD cases

23. Re: Diablo III Public Beta Sep 7, 2011, 14:09 Verno

Halo wrote on Sep 7, 2011, 13:39:
Imitators? Diablo is fun and all because it's just a highly simplified graphical imitation of a rogue-like.

All the more mystifying as to why so many companies can't replicate the formula very well. I'm not saying Diablo is necessarily anything special or original, just something that is very well executed and enjoyable.

3 hours seems horribly short for a single player experience. They could easily double that time just by throwing more random dungeons and mobs my way and I'd be happy. I wonder if the release version will be longer.

Hopefully he'll clarify but my impression was that he meant 3 hours to complete the portion of the beta they provided, not necessarily the entire act.

Playing: Gauntlet, Dark Souls 2, Wasteland 2
Watching: Intruders, 24 Live Another Day, The Signal

22. Re: Diablo III Public Beta "Very Close" Sep 7, 2011, 14:08 Mr. Tact

Three hours to complete all the Acts? Really?

I was amused to see all the similarity between the WoW interface and the D3 interface.

Truth is brutal. Prepare for pain.

21. Re: Diablo III Public Beta Sep 7, 2011, 13:58 Fibrocyte

Than wrote on Sep 7, 2011, 13:12:
I'm in the beta. For those of you that were lucky enough to play the game at Blizzcon over the last couple of years, it's close to the same playthrough. Ends with the same boss, etc... It's about 3 hours of gameplay depending on how fast/thorough you are. There was some cool stuff I hadn't seen before, such as the starting town. It was interesting to see the blacksmith upgrade process in action.

I thoroughly enjoyed my monk playthrough of the beta last night. Looking forward to playing through with another class tonight.

3 hours seems horribly short for a single player experience. They could easily double that time just by throwing more random dungeons and mobs my way and I'd be happy. I wonder if the release version will be longer.

20. Re: Diablo III Public Beta Sep 7, 2011, 13:39 Halo

Verno wrote on Sep 7, 2011, 13:01:
Tumbler wrote on Sep 7, 2011, 12:59:
Meh, I don't see why everyone is so excited about this. Deus Ex has possibly ruined me for the next few months of gaming. blah blah blah blah blah

Apples and oranges. People love Diablo style gameplay and there have been few competent imitators over the years. Deus Ex is a great game but it's a totally different experience.

Imitators? Diablo is fun and all because it's just a highly simplified graphical imitation of a rogue-like.

19. Re: Diablo III Public Beta Sep 7, 2011, 13:12 Than

I'm in the beta. For those of you that were lucky enough to play the game at Blizzcon over the last couple of years, it's close to the same playthrough. Ends with the same boss, etc... It's about 3 hours of gameplay depending on how fast/thorough you are. There was some cool stuff I hadn't seen before, such as the starting town. It was interesting to see the blacksmith upgrade process in action.

I thoroughly enjoyed my monk playthrough of the beta last night. Looking forward to playing through with another class tonight.

18. Re: Diablo III Public Beta Sep 7, 2011, 13:02 Beelzebud

Illumin wrote on Sep 7, 2011, 12:51:
FUCKING BULLSHIT

"Unable to Continue

FUCK YOU

Couldn't you just download the free "up to lvl 20" world of warcraft and create a account? Wouldn't cost a dime. I know its a pain in the ass work around but hey its still free once the accounts made you can delete the game and never play it.
I highly doubt they'll count the WoW trial as a "full version" game.

17. Re: Diablo III Public Beta Sep 7, 2011, 13:01 Verno

Tumbler wrote on Sep 7, 2011, 12:59:
Meh, I don't see why everyone is so excited about this. Deus Ex has possibly ruined me for the next few months of gaming. blah blah blah blah blah

Apples and oranges. People love Diablo style gameplay and there have been few competent imitators over the years. Deus Ex is a great game but it's a totally different experience.

Playing: Gauntlet, Dark Souls 2, Wasteland 2
Watching: Intruders, 24 Live Another Day, The Signal

16. Re: Diablo III Public Beta Sep 7, 2011, 12:59 Wildone

I guess so but its a pain in the ass as you say, not very new customer friendly either. I'll just wait I guess good idea tho thanks  

15. Re: Diablo III Public Beta "Very Close" Sep 7, 2011, 12:59 Tumbler

Meh, I don't see why everyone is so excited about this. Deus Ex has possibly ruined me for the next few months of gaming. I don't see how anything else coming down the line will impress me as much as that game did.

My only complaint is that the experience is over. I think I'll wait to play through the game again after that DLC launches, I'm going to go GUNZ GUNZ GUNZ on the second time through.

Playing with the debug stuff was fun, I guess I got to play through the Tracer Tong mission but using that map selector kind of breaks things as all your objectives are not complete so you can't complete the mission. There is some dialogue that was a little interesting.

Hopefully they'll offer that mission in some way shape or form in the future. Maybe they'll unlock it with the Missing Link DLC.

This is a Deus Ex thread right? ....oh....heh. Yeah Diablo 3 and stuff, woooo....

99gamers.com-Game trading site, PC digital trading!
Kickstarter "Game Developer"!

34 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo