Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Dead Island Patched

Though not noted on Steam News, Deep Silver PR Manager Aubrey Norris confirms that a patch for Dead Island is now available, saying the "correct version of the title is now available on Steam and fans are able to download it," according to a report on GamePro. This address the incorrect build of the zombie action/RPG released today, though it's warned that users are likely to lose their saved game data after patching, though they can restart at the last chapter they played. There's also word that this patch does not fix the Ripper activation bug, but this will be addressed soon in another patch.

View
41 Replies. 3 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 ] Older >

41. Re: Dead Island Patched Sep 7, 2011, 20:48 Krovven

necrosis wrote on Sep 7, 2011, 09:50:
Kinda off topic but why the hell is there no RSS feed for the Steam news page?

There is. http://www.google.ca/ig/directory?hl=en&type=gadgets&url=steampowered.com/rss.xml

I've been using it for years now. I also have an RSS feed for their "New On Steam" list.

I'm pretty sure you can just use the webpage address and it picks up the feed. I know not all websites do this.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

40. Re: Dead Island Patched Sep 7, 2011, 19:23 Dades

Thinking about deleting the whole game and redownloading it anyway just to save me trouble down the line.

That won't really help anything, you can always just verify your files if you're worried that something is corrupted or incorrect.

39. Re: Dead Island Patched Sep 7, 2011, 18:49 Sepharo

Other than the low priority business causing some crashes early on I haven't really had any issues playing in SP.

Feels like Dead Rising + Borderlands and I'm having a lot of fun with it and loving the combat.

Thinking about deleting the whole game and redownloading it anyway just to save me trouble down the line.

I'm also thinking about going knives instead of blunt. My current MO is to throw a knife in their head and follow up with headshot with the little rock hammer. Is there a build where I can level both knives/throwing and blunt?

38. Re: Dead Island Patched Sep 7, 2011, 18:47 xXBatmanXx

http://www.greenmangaming.com/games/action/dead-island/

$34.00 with code: READY-UPDEA-ISLAN

It is worth $34.00 by far.

In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem. / Few men have virtue enough to withstand the highest bidder.
Playing: New dad

37. Re: Dead Island Patched Sep 7, 2011, 11:37 EddieTheHack

Bard wrote on Sep 7, 2011, 10:38:
Incorrect my arse.

Why not admit what it really is - releasing a bad product to impact the zero day warez scene.

Holy 1998 batman. First time I have heard that expression in ages. If it was an intentional move it failed really hard. The major scene players already released an installer for the cracked update. I watched some youtube videos and the pirates have it sorted and running smoothly - with net play through hamachi.

Now that the game is fixed up proper and working fine I am thoroughly enjoying it. Aside from some minor hiccups during co-op I have yet to run into a bug.

Also: If your game is still not saving after steam updated it you need to go into your main game directory with the exe. Create a folder called out, and inside out create a folder called save . IDK why but these folder did not get set up on my puter the first time i ran their dev build.

36. Re: Dead Island Patched Sep 7, 2011, 10:57 Verno

xXBatmanXx wrote on Sep 7, 2011, 10:36:
oh, not sure why it would do this, but my AVG said the EXE was a virus, and I thought I had excluded the Steam folder - so may want to check if your av program is causing issues.

AVG is pretty notorious for false positives, check out Microsoft Security Essentials or ESET Nod32 if you need something more fully featured.

Playing: Divinity Original Sin, Infamous Second Son, Madden
Watching: Spartan, Possible Worlds, The Changeling

35. Re: Dead Island Patched Sep 7, 2011, 10:38 Bard

Incorrect my arse.

Why not admit what it really is - releasing a bad product to impact the zero day warez scene.

34. Re: Dead Island Patched Sep 7, 2011, 10:36 xXBatmanXx

oh, not sure why it would do this, but my AVG said the EXE was a virus, and I thought I had excluded the Steam folder - so may want to check if your av program is causing issues.  

In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem. / Few men have virtue enough to withstand the highest bidder.

33. Re: Dead Island Patched Sep 7, 2011, 10:18 Bangtail

Agent.X7 wrote on Sep 7, 2011, 01:19:
Bangtail wrote on Sep 7, 2011, 00:12:
Redownloading the game will do nothing.

The 'below normal' CPU problem was caused by the patch.

1.0.0 is the latest available version and I'm sure it will be fixed, but at present, you have to manually change the CPU priority.

Nothing but fix my game. The wrong version also said it was 1.0.0. The patched version said that. The version I redownloaded said that.

Fact: Game was running poorly.
Fact: Game is no longer running poorly after deleting it and redownloading it.

Maybe there was something else wrong because if you check your task manager - the game process priority is set to 'below normal'. There hasn't been any further updates to address this.

32. Re: Dead Island Patched Sep 7, 2011, 10:10 CJ_Parker

I have two words for these retarded jokers: Fucking amateurs.

31. Re: Dead Island Patched Sep 7, 2011, 09:59 Verno

xXBatmanXx wrote on Sep 7, 2011, 09:37:
I did have one thing that I think made the game crash. I did a public game, and when people started to join my game, it got choppy, then I lost connection to Steam and then it started getting more choppy and crashed....so maybe I was playing and messing with things while the update was happening, who knows.

I also got the DLC message, and the main menu, I couldn't "Press Any Key" it wasnt responding, so I did a typical cave man mash on the KB and it worked...who knows.

Can't wait to get home and play it some more. I am liking the gamestyle...

I finally figured out what causes that, the game just randomly decides to shift focus when the overlay loads. So if you can't hit a key at the intros, just shift tab then shift tab back out of the overlay again and it should work. Same thing if you get a message in game and your keyboard stops responding to input in the game. Really dumb stuff like that is dragging this game down

30. Re: Dead Island Patched Sep 7, 2011, 09:50 necrosis

Kinda off topic but why the hell is there no RSS feed for the Steam news page?  

29. Re: Dead Island Patched Sep 7, 2011, 09:39 SpectralMeat

There was a message on Twitter last night from Steam that they are doing some maintenance to the servers, so that may explain all/most your connection issues.  

Steam: SpectralMeat

28. Re: Dead Island Patched Sep 7, 2011, 09:37 xXBatmanXx

Verno wrote on Sep 7, 2011, 08:42:
Krovven wrote on Sep 7, 2011, 01:28:
The version released last night was like 1.09.x.x.x The version today is 1.0.0.

I don't know about anyone else, but Ive been playing all night, internet game, public...and not a single prompt has come up for me to join a game and nobody else has joined me.

I wonder what else is broken? Cus this was working fine last night.

I tried to join your game last night on Steam but Steam friends went down so I gave up and went to bed. I also got some confusing messages about DLC upon loading the game and it appears that the game doesn't take into account rebindings when it pops up tutorials. What little I could play seemed kind of fun. Fuck weapon durability though, Logan has some skill stuff to make it last longer but it will be the first thing I mod down to more reasonable levels.

I did have one thing that I think made the game crash. I did a public game, and when people started to join my game, it got choppy, then I lost connection to Steam and then it started getting more choppy and crashed....so maybe I was playing and messing with things while the update was happening, who knows.

I also got the DLC message, and the main menu, I couldn't "Press Any Key" it wasnt responding, so I did a typical cave man mash on the KB and it worked...who knows.

Can't wait to get home and play it some more. I am liking the gamestyle...

27. Re: Dead Island Patched Sep 7, 2011, 08:42 Verno

Krovven wrote on Sep 7, 2011, 01:28:
The version released last night was like 1.09.x.x.x The version today is 1.0.0.

I don't know about anyone else, but Ive been playing all night, internet game, public...and not a single prompt has come up for me to join a game and nobody else has joined me.

I wonder what else is broken? Cus this was working fine last night.

I tried to join your game last night on Steam but Steam friends went down so I gave up and went to bed. I also got some confusing messages about DLC upon loading the game and it appears that the game doesn't take into account rebindings when it pops up tutorials. What little I could play seemed kind of fun. Fuck weapon durability though, Logan has some skill stuff to make it last longer but it will be the first thing I mod down to more reasonable levels.

26. Re: Dead Island Patched Sep 7, 2011, 07:43 Aero

Thanks everyone who mentioned the priority thing. That sorted out every problem I was having and it runs flawlessly all the time now.

I dunno, I think it's great. I'm still in the first act though, and I hear it's later on that it falls apart more. I would actually call it a $40 or less game at this point, just a step below a big AAA title so far as production value is concerned.

Of course, it isn't worth anything if you're one of the people who is having insurmountable stability difficulties, so it's definitely worth giving it some time.

25. Re: Dead Island Patched Sep 7, 2011, 07:36 xXBatmanXx

I played for about 30 mins and it CTD.

Had some other stuff to do so I didn't go back to it yet.

For the 4 pack price, I am not all that upset. Semms worth it. Has a L4D feel to it, I like the inventory deal and the quest givers.

More to come.

I never had any issues other people are mentioning with menus, settings, bindings, etc. Weird.

24. Re: Dead Island Patched Sep 7, 2011, 07:23 Cutter

Can't believe how many of you pulled the trigger on this, particularly without waiting for at least first impressions. This thing has had bargain bin written all over it from day one.

"The South will boogie again!" - Disco Stu

23. Re: Dead Island Patched Sep 7, 2011, 07:02 Overon

Even if you are a zombie fan, don't buy it at full price. It's not polished and is even less polished for PC. Read the reviews, metacritic is showing low 70 currently. With better game out there, wait for a sale if you must buy this.  

22. Re: Dead Island Patched Sep 7, 2011, 03:40 LittleMe

Eldaron Imotholin wrote on Sep 7, 2011, 01:46:
This game. Is it worth it? I watched the review trailer and I was heavily underwhelmed. It felt like I was looking at... shit what's that 3rd person game called again where you run around in a mall killing zombies? anyway it felt like I was looking at that game but in 1st person.

Maybe I'm just tired of zombies. They're both literally and figuratively bled dry to me.

This gameplay vid sells the game rather well, imo.

I think it's worth playing, yes. Maybe not worth full price of course. Wait for a sale and some more patching.

This comment was edited on Sep 7, 2011, 03:55.

Political freedom can only be preceded by economic freedom which is preceded by monetary freedom.

41 Replies. 3 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo