Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

OS X League of Legends Ending Tonight

An announcement on the League of Legends Forums (thanks Kotaku) announces that Riot Games is abandoning the OS X beta of League of Legends as of midnight tonight. The announcement requires registration, but it is also reproduced on reddit, so here's word on their hopes to resume Mac support in the future, and an offer of refunds in the meantime:

We realize our current approach regarding the Mac platform won't guarantee the quality and frequent updates we deliver today on the PC and are expected by our player community. We will continue to investigate the opportunity to provide player access on the Mac Platform in the future that aligns with our service and content update standards. We are committed to building a solution that will work on the Mac in the long run, but it will take some time. Additionally, testers that have utilized the League of Legends store during the Beta can either continue playing the PC version of the game, or receive a full refund on RP purchases made (which would close out the account).

View
14 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

14. Re: OS X League of Legends Ending Tonight Sep 7, 2011, 13:14 wtf_man

MrGrosser wrote on Sep 7, 2011, 10:18:
Calm down rager, I was just kidding. But you do fuel another reason why they are ending OSX support.. they've tracked raged quitters and 75% of them are people running the OSX client!

Not really raging... but the "1-Button Mouse" insult / ioke is so irrelevant and outdated it just looks like whomever tosses that out, doesn't know what the heck they're talking about.

If you are going to dis something, at least try to do it with something that actually applies.

/shrug

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

13. Re: OS X League of Legends Ending Tonight Sep 7, 2011, 10:18 MrGrosser

wtf_man wrote on Sep 7, 2011, 10:09:
As for the retard bitching about the 1-button mouse... they haven't been 1-button for years. The just "look" like they're 1-button.... the mighty mouse is 4-button, and the magic mouse is a 2-button + trackpad. OSX defaults to treating the 2-button area as 1, but the first thing most windows users (including myself) change, is that setting.

Calm down rager, I was just kidding. But you do fuel another reason why they are ending OSX support.. they've tracked raged quitters and 75% of them are people running the OSX client!

12. Re: OS X League of Legends Ending Tonight Sep 7, 2011, 10:09 wtf_man

I've had a Mac for 4 years and I've NEVER bought a game for it. I game on my Windows machine, period. Jobs/Apple did a real good job of making it clear that they did not want the gaming market on that platform... and it looks like the only mass amount of games that will ever be on that platform, will be iPad games under emulation or something.

As for the retard bitching about the 1-button mouse... they haven't been 1-button for years. The just "look" like they're 1-button.... the mighty mouse is 4-button, and the magic mouse is a 2-button + trackpad. OSX defaults to treating the 2-button area as 1, but the first thing most windows users (including myself) change, is that setting.

11. Re: OS X League of Legends Ending Tonight Sep 7, 2011, 10:06 Verno

No real surprise, even Apple seems determined to abandon OS X as quickly as it can leverage iOS into everything.  

Playing: Fire Emblem, Diablo 3, Bravely Default
Watching: The Machine, After the Dark, Devils Due

10. Re: OS X League of Legends Ending Tonight Sep 7, 2011, 09:47 necrosis

Yeah I know a ton of people this is going to piss off.  

9. Re: OS X League of Legends Ending Tonight Sep 7, 2011, 09:08 Beamer

Personally I want Linux support.

I'd prefer a trained dragon to ride to work, but hey, we're all allowed impossible dreams, right?

-------------
Music for the discerning:
http://www.deathwishinc.com
http://www.hydrahead.com
http://www.painkillerrecords.com

8. Re: OS X League of Legends Ending Tonight Sep 7, 2011, 08:49 MrBone

Macs...hahaha. I just can't take those guys seriously.  

7. Re: OS X League of Legends Ending Tonight Sep 7, 2011, 03:53 Suddenly_Dead

UConnBBall wrote on Sep 6, 2011, 22:05:
Companies just need to embrase OpenGL and have multi-OS support from scratch. Personally I want Linux support.

Many companies understandably don't want to spend that much effort for a tiny sliver of the market. And I don't see anyone outside of the indies supporting Linux these days; it's to OS X what OS X is to Windows.

6. Re: OS X League of Legends Ending Tonight Sep 7, 2011, 00:14 MrGrosser

Tom wrote on Sep 6, 2011, 23:25:
lol ... silly Mac users. Go play Photoshop.

This reminds me of a Rooster Teeth Mac Parody done quite a while back.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CxksaafD3Gw

5. Re: OS X League of Legends Ending Tonight Sep 6, 2011, 23:25 Tom

lol ... silly Mac users. Go play Photoshop.  

4. Re: OS X League of Legends Ending Tonight Sep 6, 2011, 22:35 Hobeaux

well, that sucks. I was looking forward to this one. I guess I'll just bide my time with Torchlight ítil the Diablos come out.  

3. Re: OS X League of Legends Ending Tonight Sep 6, 2011, 22:05 UConnBBall

Companies just need to embrase OpenGL and have multi-OS support from scratch. Personally I want Linux support.  

2. Re: OS X League of Legends Ending Tonight Sep 6, 2011, 21:45 |RaptoR|

Well, that fucking sucks. Saw this game at PAX, made my account and started getting into it... and now, not so much.

1. Re: OS X League of Legends Ending Tonight Sep 6, 2011, 21:16 MrGrosser

Can't say I'm gonna miss these people and their stupid one button mouse....

I keed, I keed... Riot just keeps on slipping, and keeps pushing people to DOTA2... I personally can't wait for it.

14 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo