Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Ships Ahoy - Dead Island; Patch Coming; Steam has an Xbox Build?

The Windows edition of Dead Island is now available in North America, offering Techland's zombie-themed action/RPG. The game is available in stores and also via digital distribution on GamersGate, Impulse, and Steam. Apparently a day-on patch is on the way, Destructoid has word on that along with a lengthy list of changes the patch will include. There's also a thread on the Steam Users' Forums stating the version available on Steam is actually an Xbox 360 build of the game based on header information calling this an "Xbox Live Submission Project Version." Eurogamer has word from Techland that they are looking into this: "Techland is currently investigating this information and we'll do everything we can to make sure everyone can enjoy playing their copy of Dead Island," a spokesperson told them. "Deep Silver is a part of every release process and any further updates will come from the game's publisher."

View
86 Replies. 5 pages. Viewing page 5.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 ] Older >

6. Re: Ships Ahoy - Dead Island; Patch Coming; Steam has an Xbox Build? Sep 6, 2011, 10:49 Verno

InBlack wrote on Sep 6, 2011, 10:41:
Well I heard that the game was originally developed on the PC. Did you buy the Steam version Verno?

Yeah unfortunately. Krovven, Batman, a buddy and I went in on the 4pack Steam version. I don't know, I hope they can patch this shit up into something playable because it seems like the game itself could be alright. You have to do all of the configuration edits outside of the game, its like Borderlands all over again.

Playing: Dragon Age Inquisition, Far Cry 4, This War of Mine
Watching: The Fall, The Walking Dead, Leon
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

5. Re: Ships Ahoy - Dead Island; Patch Coming; Steam has an Xbox Build? Sep 6, 2011, 10:49 eRe4s3r

Made by Techland. Quality game development since.. never

How are they even gonna fix this? Like seriously, how? Is it normal you have dozens of compiled release versions of your crappy port sitting around?

There is absolutely no fucking way you can release the WRONG GAME VERSION on steam, you even have time to test the download and auth process BEFORE IT GOES LIVE TO THE PUBLIC, that means someone at Techland started and played the game and found nothing wrong before it was OK'd for public unlock.

So don't believe any bullshit excuses from Techland, you now know how the Steam process works, there is no way you can release the wrong build on steam without intentionally not noticing it.

This comment was edited on Sep 6, 2011, 10:57.

4. Re: Ships Ahoy - Dead Island; Patch Coming; Steam has an Xbox Build? Sep 6, 2011, 10:44 MajorD

LOL! What a cluster @$&%!!! Hopefully this is no indication of how the quality of the game will be! I'm glad I waited on this one, but time will tell. Maybe when all this pans out, it will end up being a diamond in the rough......

3. Re: Ships Ahoy - Dead Island; Patch Coming; Steam has an Xbox Build? Sep 6, 2011, 10:41 InBlack

Well I heard that the game was originally developed on the PC. Did you buy the Steam version Verno?  

I have a nifty blue line!

2. Re: Ships Ahoy - Dead Island; Patch Coming; Steam has an Xbox Build? Sep 6, 2011, 10:40 durandal

Wow really??? that's just sad...
You'd think, with such a high budget product (well, at least the trailer movies was), someone would notice that kind of elemental issue before fucking upload it on the download server...

oh and is this mess true?

http://youtu.be/hXmZX8iz2SE

I know Crysis and Mirror's Edge had the same issue in third person view (HL2 didn't even have a model of Gordon), but they were Single Player only and had to use dev mode to play that way. This game has Coop right? or do they use different character animations in multiplayer?

1. Re: Ships Ahoy - Dead Island; Patch Coming; Steam has an Xbox Build? Sep 6, 2011, 10:18 Verno

This sounds like a real turd of a port and its just that much more glaring after playing a good port like Deus Ex. I couldn't even play it this morning, it literally wouldn't detect my keyboard. It's a generic Logitech USB keyboard that works in literally every other game I've ever tested. I feel like we're back in the 90's when I see shit like this.  

Playing: Dragon Age Inquisition, Far Cry 4, This War of Mine
Watching: The Fall, The Walking Dead, Leon

86 Replies. 5 pages. Viewing page 5.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo