Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Out of the Blue

View
4 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

4. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 6, 2011, 15:43 Cutter

Just saw the new Apes flick and it was considerably better than I thought it would be. James Franco wasn't bad, but he was miscast, that's just not the sort of role he's suited for. Andy Serkis was brilliant as usual. The guy so deserves an Oscar. I'm curious to see how the rest of the trilogy will pan out. I'm guessing the next one will be later on with the actual overthrow of humanity after the disease has run its course, followed by a remake of the original film.

"The South will boogie again!" - Disco Stu
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

3. Re: Dangerous web cam Sep 6, 2011, 14:32 kanniballl

banddirector wrote on Sep 6, 2011, 13:45:
That's awesome! I can't help but wonder if any similarities are coincidental, or if a hardware designer was having a little fun ...

Hard to say. My guess is an engineer might've snuck some aspects in and hoped nobody from legal/patents/copyright/etc noticed.

I've seen all of those design pieces on web cams. The tri-pod legging to let it stand on its own or on top of a monitor. The shape of the thing itself isn't exactly that odd... you normally see more round but there's nothing odd there. And the lense probably only looks red/purple from certain angles, as I've seen on other lenses. Or perhaps it's just a dirty/oily lense.

I doubt the company or even any managers knew or recognized it though, as the potential for Valve freaking out might be too high.

This comment was edited on Sep 6, 2011, 14:47.

"Space. It seems to go on and on forever. But then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you."
-Fry, Futurama

2. Dangerous web cam Sep 6, 2011, 13:45 banddirector

That's awesome! I can't help but wonder if any similarities are coincidental, or if a hardware designer was having a little fun ...

There's no place like 127.0.0.1

1. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 6, 2011, 10:50 Cutter

Woo, definitely feeling fallish out there atm. Supposed to warm up a wee bit later this week but not much. Environment Canada says all in all it should be a milder fall than usual though so we'll see.

"The South will boogie again!" - Disco Stu

4 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo