Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Borderlands 2 ShakyCam Footage

There's some Borderlands 2 ShakyCam gameplay footage on the YouTube shot off a monitor at a recent behind-closed-doors showing of Gearbox's upcoming role-playing shooter sequel. The clip features Randy Pitchford's narration explaining the setting of the game and offering details about the weapons being show, including disposable guns; enemies and some politically incorrect use of little people; as well as some co-op play. Time may be of the essence here, as this may suffer a takedown at any time. Thanks VG247.

View
32 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

32. Re: Borderlands 2 ShakyCam Footage Sep 6, 2011, 06:23 yuastnav

Jerykk wrote on Sep 6, 2011, 00:43:
Interestingly, this footage looks to be taken from the PC version of the game (as indicated by the keyboard button prompts). Showing off the PC version of multiplatform games seems to be an increasingly prevalent trend these days. Hopefully this results in better PC ports.

So why does it look like it's being played with a gamepad then? :/

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

31. Re: Borderlands 2 ShakyCam Footage Sep 6, 2011, 00:43 Jerykk

Interestingly, this footage looks to be taken from the PC version of the game (as indicated by the keyboard button prompts). Showing off the PC version of multiplatform games seems to be an increasingly prevalent trend these days. Hopefully this results in better PC ports.  

30. Re: Borderlands 2 ShakyCam Footage Sep 5, 2011, 10:23 Mad Max RW

Hopefully they don't screw the PC version with a console port interface and broken multiplayer at launch.  

29. Re: Borderlands 2 ShakyCam Footage Sep 5, 2011, 10:11 Prez

xXBatmanXx wrote on Sep 4, 2011, 23:47:
Looks just like the first one with new weapons and some new baddies. Sign me up!

Same here!

“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.”
- Mahatma Gandhi

28. Re: Borderlands 2 ShakyCam Footage Sep 5, 2011, 08:25 Ledge

headkase wrote on Sep 5, 2011, 06:56:
This is probably the same video and it's still up right now:

http://www.firingsquad.com/news/newsarticle.asp?searchid=24112

You're welcome in advance..

many thanks.

27. Re: Borderlands 2 ShakyCam Footage Sep 5, 2011, 06:56 headkase

This is probably the same video and it's still up right now:

http://www.firingsquad.com/news/newsarticle.asp?searchid=24112

You're welcome in advance..

26. Re: Borderlands 2 ShakyCam Footage Sep 5, 2011, 03:09 Ledge

taken down.. ah well.

25. Re: Borderlands 2 ShakyCam Footage Sep 4, 2011, 23:47 xXBatmanXx

Looks just like the first one with new weapons and some new baddies. Sign me up!  

In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem. / Few men have virtue enough to withstand the highest bidder.
Playing: New dad

24. Re: Borderlands 2 ShakyCam Footage Sep 4, 2011, 22:11 theyarecomingforyou

PHJF wrote on Sep 4, 2011, 21:50:
I see it being like Mass Effect 2 - some changes to gameplay, some subtle but noticeable improvements to the graphics and a refined experienced.

So you're saying Borderlands 2 is going to be a gears of war clone, is that it?
My post was perfectly clear and that was certainly not what I said.

SteamID: theyarecomingforyou
Star Citizen: Blue's News

23. Re: Borderlands 2 ShakyCam Footage Sep 4, 2011, 21:50 PHJF

I see it being like Mass Effect 2 - some changes to gameplay, some subtle but noticeable improvements to the graphics and a refined experienced.

So you're saying Borderlands 2 is going to be a gears of war clone, is that it?

Steam + PSN: PHJF

22. Re: Borderlands 2 ShakyCam Footage Sep 4, 2011, 21:24 Warskull

PHJF wrote on Sep 4, 2011, 20:18:
Diablo 2 was miles beyond Diablo.

Borderlands 2 is looking like the Doom 2 to Doom, more of an expansion than true follow up.

Diablo 2 also was four years after Diablo 1, Borderlands 1 was late 2009.

Borderlands with some new classes and some more crazy guns would be fun. From what I've seen so far they've got the more crazy guns down.

21. Re: Borderlands 2 ShakyCam Footage Sep 4, 2011, 21:02 Rhett

Link's down, but I found a repost on Youtube...

I loved everything that I saw. Especially the Vladof weapon. I also liked that all of the weapons were just fine shooting from the hip, whereas it was a usually a very bad idea for all but shotguns and rocket launchers in the first game.

And this is several months, if not close to a year away. Awesome.

20. Re: Borderlands 2 ShakyCam Footage Sep 4, 2011, 20:30 EddieTheHack

Icewind wrote on Sep 4, 2011, 18:53:
With all the money they made off of the first one they couldn't be assed to do anything new? Same environment? Same enemies? Same animations? Good god man, this just looks like a piece of unreleased Borderlands 1 DLC. Are they seriously going to release this cut-and-paste job as a full fledged sequel?

Someone from the Dragon Age 2 team must have jumped ship and started working for Gearbox.

I know right. This is a huge problem in the industry. DICE totally copped out by setting BF3 on earth, AGAIN, and having you fight more russians. Clearly no effort is going into any sequels any more. It like these guys are lazy and decided to create a universe with continuity and then tell stories inside of it. I mean yeah, borderlands is set on pandora and given the pace of societal evolution its unreasonable to assume things would really change that much, but if gearbox was putting any effort at all into this SEQUEL it would have nothing at all to do with first game. Can you imagine how lame star wars would have been if there was any overarching universe, plot, characters, and specific locations tying all the films together? Same goes for the Harry potter series and everything else in the history of the world with a sequel. Its like these people are afraid to break continuity in something that is, by definition, a continuation of earlier works.... </sarcasm>

19. Re: Borderlands 2 ShakyCam Footage Sep 4, 2011, 20:22 theyarecomingforyou

Icewind wrote on Sep 4, 2011, 18:53:
With all the money they made off of the first one they couldn't be assed to do anything new? Same environment? Same enemies? Same animations? Good god man, this just looks like a piece of unreleased Borderlands 1 DLC. Are they seriously going to release this cut-and-paste job as a full fledged sequel?

Someone from the Dragon Age 2 team must have jumped ship and started working for Gearbox.
I disagree. This looks to take the original and improve upon it, with the graphics and menus being the big winners and refinements to the weapons system. Whereas DA2 removed what made the original so compelling - character choice, the top-down camera angle, great storytelling - and actually ended up much worse than the original. To me this looks like a much more substantial upgrade than say L4D to L4D2, Doom 1 to Doom 2, or DiRT2 to DiRT3, etc. I see it being like Mass Effect 2 - some changes to gameplay, some subtle but noticeable improvements to the graphics and a refined experienced.

SteamID: theyarecomingforyou
Star Citizen: Blue's News

18. Re: Borderlands 2 ShakyCam Footage Sep 4, 2011, 20:18 PHJF

Diablo 2 was miles beyond Diablo.

Borderlands 2 is looking like the Doom 2 to Doom, more of an expansion than true follow up.

Steam + PSN: PHJF

17. Re: Borderlands 2 ShakyCam Footage Sep 4, 2011, 20:09 Alamar

Drezden wrote on Sep 4, 2011, 15:18:
Holy shit, god forbid the game just be FUN. There are few games I've put the amount of time into that I did Borderlands. Or similar games like Diablo1/2.

I'm sure Borderlands 2 will be just as fun and full of humor as the first one. Hell to this day my Text sound on my phone is a Scooter quote ("Aw Smokin Jesus Titty Cinnamon thats a Monstaaar, Thats gonna be Sweeeeeeeet")

You guys are ridiculous

Pre-DLC Scooter rocked the casbah ; )

One of my fav game characters in a long time... though I'm not all that sure why; I just love him : )

-Alamar

16. Re: Borderlands 2 ShakyCam Footage Sep 4, 2011, 20:04 Jivaro

I insist that you stop making sense Drezden. We are gamers, being rational is not permitted. It is in the rules or guidelines or something I am sure.

I have two points:

Randy Pitchford has such an appropriate name doesn't he? If it was "Randy Pitchgames" it would be completely accurate. This game could be completely awesome, but something about how that man comes across is just irritating. He missed his calling in the used car sales business. (apologies to any used car salespeople on the boards, but c'mon....admit it...he fits the stereotype if not the reality)

I can't say Borderlands was anything more then "average" in my eyes, but even on shaky cam I can tell that the improvements they have made are a step in the right direction. I also think evolving the original game rather then trying to reinvent it is a good idea. It was "this" close to being awesome. For me, the biggest problems were the inventory system, the respawing system, and the vehicle handling. If I had to be nag, I would say that I would have liked to have had a *gasp* 3rd person camera option available. Those things are all that kept me from playing this game to completion.

This comment was edited on Sep 4, 2011, 20:12.

15. Re: Borderlands 2 ShakyCam Footage Sep 4, 2011, 19:33 Trevellian

Dades wrote on Sep 4, 2011, 19:01:
Rattlehead wrote on Sep 4, 2011, 16:57:
So stoked.

Look at all the pathetic haters on here. Go back to your caves.

I like how disliking something turns you automatically into a hater. I guess you're a pathetic fanboy then.

But but but its so fun and there was different backgrounds!

First of all I want to comment on Icewind's post real quick. Compairing Borderlands to Dragon Age 2 is absolutely stupid. Bringing back enemies from the previous game has been done in tons of games. It in no way makes it a "Cut and paste job", it's called adding familiarity. And the cut and paste job on Dragon Age 2 was the Environments. Because you ran back and fourth through the same section of the game for hours. You can see that the game will have tons of NEW areas to explore from the view you guys want to make fun of. Looking down on the NEW section of Pandora you get to play in as opposed to putting us in the same old areas.

Okay Dades, since you want to make fun of their small menu system tweeks and Icewind brought up DA2 to begin with. Lets go ahead now and use DA2 as a PRIME example of what to do wrong, as opposed to what Borderlands 2 is doing right.

What did Dragon Age 2 do wrong? Hmmmmm, it lost touch with what the fans of the first game wanted, and being good and fun all in one fell swoop. All Dragon Age needed was a new location, and a few minor improvements and fans of DA:O would have loved a DA2, instead they reworked the entire game and ruined the series.

That means Borderlands 2 is doing things "Right". It appears to be Diablo 2 in the sense that. It took the original game, what made it good, and tweaked the few minor complains fans may have had. Added some minor interface changes, some new characters, references to the first game.... Wait... what? They do that in a sequel? This is a sequel done right, that fans of the original will want to play, because they didn't ruin the feel of the game.

If you don't like it, you don't have to play it, but the reason you're being called a hater, is because you're complaining about them making a proper sequel to a game the way Diablo 2 was to Diablo, instead of ruining the series like they could have a la Dragon Age 2 was to DA:O.

Now, I didn't call you a hater, but I thought you should probably know WHY you're being called out as one.

For the Republic
-C22 Waterson of Planetside 2

14. Re: Borderlands 2 ShakyCam Footage Sep 4, 2011, 19:01 Dades

Rattlehead wrote on Sep 4, 2011, 16:57:
So stoked.

Look at all the pathetic haters on here. Go back to your caves.

I like how disliking something turns you automatically into a hater. I guess you're a pathetic fanboy then.

But but but its so fun and there was different backgrounds!

13. Re: Borderlands 2 ShakyCam Footage Sep 4, 2011, 18:53 Icewind

32 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo