Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

On Sale

View
16 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

16. Re: On Sale Sep 4, 2011, 21:36 space captain

Yifes wrote on Sep 4, 2011, 10:55:
Alright, lets say you make minimum wage. So you spend a bit more than 2 hours to pay for your month of gameplay. 2 hours is less than 5 days. Shocking isn't it?

I'm also assuming that your average EVE/MMO player has a bit more disposable income than your average high school drop out.

2 hours is less than 5 days? wow you are fucking brilliant

thanks for the math lesson, professor .. you must be a genius or something

Go forth, and kill!
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

15. Re: On Sale Sep 4, 2011, 11:33 aesir05

Down here in Australia the minimum wage is $20 per hour. I've heard from some Americans that minimum wage there is around $7 even.

Doing a quick Google search revealed this to be true.

14. Re: On Sale Sep 4, 2011, 10:55 Yifes

space captain wrote on Sep 3, 2011, 23:44:
Yifes wrote on Sep 3, 2011, 21:29:
Or, you can spend less than an hour in real life to make the $15 to purchase one month of game time.

what do you get paid hourly? btw - did you know different jobs pay different amounts of money? shocking isnt it

Alright, lets say you make minimum wage. So you spend a bit more than 2 hours to pay for your month of gameplay. 2 hours is less than 5 days. Shocking isn't it?

I'm also assuming that your average EVE/MMO player has a bit more disposable income than your average high school drop out.

13. Re: On Sale Sep 4, 2011, 10:50 Kajetan

aesir05 wrote on Sep 4, 2011, 10:17:
Zanakar wrote on Sep 3, 2011, 17:31:

It seems that EVE-Online is still populated by those "if you aren't tough enough to play EVE, go play WOW"- elitist geeks that the game was full of while I still played it.
Quite funny, yet the sheer self-denial "We are not typical MMOG geeks, we are tough elite of MMOGs !" is almost tragic.

oh you poor soul you must have really sucked at eve
:p
try it again they've made a few tutorials to make it easier for people
You must be one of them.

12. Re: On Sale Sep 4, 2011, 10:17 aesir05

Zanakar wrote on Sep 3, 2011, 17:31:

It seems that EVE-Online is still populated by those "if you aren't tough enough to play EVE, go play WOW"- elitist geeks that the game was full of while I still played it.
Quite funny, yet the sheer self-denial "We are not typical MMOG geeks, we are tough elite of MMOGs !" is almost tragic.

oh you poor soul you must have really sucked at eve
:p
try it again they've made a few tutorials to make it easier for people

11. Re: On Sale Sep 4, 2011, 07:51 Jonny

reisub wrote on Sep 3, 2011, 15:01:
Maybe I wasn't clear. I really enjoy it, particularly the business side. It's just the prospect of paying out a rather large sum every month that makes me wish I didn't.

Then don't pay the sub mate. As others have said 350 million ISK will buy you a month's subscription. Running level 4 missions alone will net you that in less than a week, if you're really into business and trading then you could make that in an hour. The really big Eve tycoons who drop billions without blinking are nearly all traders and businessmen.

10. Re: On Sale Sep 4, 2011, 03:12 Umbragen

Ya know, you can go on ebay and pay even more for a plex than this "deal", I mean if you're gonna piss your money away....  

9. Re: On Sale Sep 3, 2011, 23:44 space captain

Yifes wrote on Sep 3, 2011, 21:29:
Or, you can spend less than an hour in real life to make the $15 to purchase one month of game time.

what do you get paid hourly? btw - did you know different jobs pay different amounts of money? shocking isnt it

Go forth, and kill!

8. Re: On Sale Sep 3, 2011, 21:29 Yifes

A dude in my corp spends 5 days mining to pay for his month then goes and does whatever he wants to rest of the month.

Or, you can spend less than an hour in real life to make the $15 to purchase one month of game time. Working 5 days in game is fucking retarded.

7. Re: On Sale Sep 3, 2011, 18:06 xXBatmanXx

RAGE with code EMCYTZT725 is $42.99 with free 3 day shipping.
Save $12.
(At Newegg)

It is the Anarchy Edition.
That is a price point I am willing to pay for.

In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem. / Few men have virtue enough to withstand the highest bidder.
Playing: New dad

6. Re: On Sale Sep 3, 2011, 17:31 Zanakar

aesir05 wrote on Sep 3, 2011, 14:54:

As far as the other thing you mentioned, EVE is not for everyone, EVE is hard, if you don't want to play MMOs that's fine, if you don't like EVE cause its "tough" maybe you should try out WOW instead.

5. Re: On Sale Sep 3, 2011, 15:19 aesir05

If you get good at making money in game you can easily pay 350mil ISK to purchase a plex.
A dude in my corp spends 5 days mining to pay for his month then goes and does whatever he wants to rest of the month.

Tho you'll need a hulk and orca to do how he does it like a billion in equipment alone :p

4. Re: On Sale Sep 3, 2011, 15:01 reisub

Maybe I wasn't clear. I really enjoy it, particularly the business side. It's just the prospect of paying out a rather large sum every month that makes me wish I didn't.

This comment was edited on Sep 3, 2011, 15:14.

3. Re: On Sale Sep 3, 2011, 14:59 Wallshadows

Eve is an entirely different beast compared to most MMOs. Where most will provide you with a large portion of the experience within a month, a month is a drop in the bucket by Eve standards with whichever path you chose.

I divert your attention to this classic graph:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/23579228@N04/2335016192/

It says on your chart that you're fucked up. Ah, you talk like a fag, and your shit's all retarded.

2. Re: On Sale Sep 3, 2011, 14:54 aesir05

plex is an in-game item that you can buy if you choose to get rich quick without going and buying isk from illegal websites.
Plex is also used to renew your subscription but it can be expensive or cheap depending on how you look at it.

End of the day you don't really have to invest more than $14 for a month's subscription.

As far as the other thing you mentioned, EVE is not for everyone, EVE is hard, if you don't want to play MMOs that's fine, if you don't like EVE cause its "tough" maybe you should try out WOW instead.

1. Re: On Sale Sep 3, 2011, 13:13 reisub

A friend sent me a trial for EVE and I made the mistake of taking it up. I've only bought one month so far and I'm trying to resist buying a second. I've never played an MMO before and wish that was still the case. It is fun but hopefully it'll get old soon, I really don't want to spend that much on a single game.  

16 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo