Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Dungeon Siege III: Treasures of the Sun DLC Next Month

Square Enix announces Treasures of the Sun, a new DLC pack for Dungeon Siege III to be released next month for Obsidian's action/RPG sequel, promising "several additional hours of gameplay" involving "a brand new plot arc, additional quests, new enemies and tons more loot." Here are some screenshots, and here's a blurb about the contents: "In DUNGEON SIEGE III: TREASURES OF THE SUN, players will extend their journey and travel beyond the borders of Ehb to an all-new environment: the Aranoi Desert. On their search for a lost Legion hero, players will fight through hordes of new villains only to find a forgotten abbey hiding a long-lost secret: the greatest treasure of the Azunite faith. The DLC offers other enhancements to the game, including raising its level cap to 35. Here are the details:

• New abilities: Players will be able to attain mastery of the arcane through powerful new attack, defense and healing abilities.
  • Level up to 35: DUNGEON SIEGE III: TREASURES OF THE SUN will further power up players by raising DUNGEON SIEGE III's existing level cap from 30 to 35.
  • More monsters and items: Players will encounter new monsters in the Aranoi Desert—including mummies and giant skeletons—and will find more powerful items, adding to the thousands already available in DUNGEON SIEGE III.
  • Reallocate Talent & Proficiency Points: Players can reallocate points spent in Proficiencies and Talents, enabling changes to character customization throughout the campaign.
  • New Enchanting System: Transmuting items now gives players chances at gaining powerful new Vials that allow them to enhance their weapons and armor through the DLC’s new enchanting system.

View
17 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

17. Re: Dungeon Siege III: Treasures of the Sun DLC Next Month Sep 2, 2011, 11:14 Creston

WaltC wrote on Sep 1, 2011, 15:47:
Although some developers are of the opinion that "people want shorter games" today--rarely if ever have I seen a developer ruin a brilliant franchise that started with so many great things in its favor like DS.

Oh, I dunno. Dragon Age (2) readily comes to mind.

Creston

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

16. Re: Dungeon Siege III: Treasures of the Sun DLC Next Month Sep 2, 2011, 04:19 Mac

ColoradoHoudini wrote on Sep 1, 2011, 19:22:
I couldn't get beyond the controls for the longest time, then when I finally managed to put up with them, I was mad with the inventory system.
IIRC- I could pick up an item and never know if it was useful for the guy I wanted to have use it. I personally needed (I'm a dummy, I admit) some sort of indicator as to which character can use which type of item.. something I never saw in that game.

erm - there is a portrait behind each item to show which chatacter can use it ... I agree - you are a dummy :p

15. removed Sep 1, 2011, 22:18 erher

* REMOVED *
This comment was deleted on Sep 1, 2011, 23:21.

14. Re: Dungeon Siege III: Treasures of the Sun DLC Next Month Sep 1, 2011, 19:22 ColoradoHoudini

I couldn't get beyond the controls for the longest time, then when I finally managed to put up with them, I was mad with the inventory system.
IIRC- I could pick up an item and never know if it was useful for the guy I wanted to have use it. I personally needed (I'm a dummy, I admit) some sort of indicator as to which character can use which type of item.. something I never saw in that game.

13. Re: Dungeon Siege III: Treasures of the Sun DLC Next Month Sep 1, 2011, 19:06 Trevellian

|RaptoR| wrote on Sep 1, 2011, 17:42:
Guess I'm in the minority here but I loved DS3, was glued to the screen until I beat it. Very fun, and the story was good to follow as well.

I'll be picking the DLC up for sure

You're not alone, I played through the game as Katarina and loved the story, and decided to play through it a second time as Anjali just because I thought she looked fun as shit from being partnered with here the entire game.

For the Republic
-C22 Waterson of Planetside 2/Tahyang in ArcheAge

12. Re: Dungeon Siege III: Treasures of the Sun DLC Next Month Sep 1, 2011, 18:03 Frijoles

Did they ever fix the fucked up keyboard controls in the demo? I know it was fixed in the full game, but I'm not willing to drop the money on it yet. And the demo was ass due to the controls.  

11. Re: Dungeon Siege III: Treasures of the Sun DLC Next Month Sep 1, 2011, 17:44 Alamar

I enjoyed DS3... It was a good SP campaign RPG... But it was too short, which just means that DLC is a no-sale on that alone... At least until a steam sale where it's like $2 a pop, and a bunch are available (making it worth re-installing/downloading).

As for DS1 and 2, I felt they were too long... So perhaps I'm just hard to please : )

I just finished Infamous today (PS3), and I really enjoyed that, and the ending rocked... So loading up part 2 tonight or tomorrow : ) I thought it had a good duration, but if it were a few hours shorter, I would have been happier (my own fault though, for unlocking every spot I could, thereby adding a bunch of hours not required - AFAIK).

-Alamar

10. Re: Dungeon Siege III: Treasures of the Sun DLC Next Month Sep 1, 2011, 17:42 |RaptoR|

Guess I'm in the minority here but I loved DS3, was glued to the screen until I beat it. Very fun, and the story was good to follow as well.

I'll be picking the DLC up for sure

9. Re: Dungeon Siege III: Treasures of the Sun DLC Next Month Sep 1, 2011, 16:16 PropheT

WaltC wrote on Sep 1, 2011, 15:47:
I downloaded the DSIII demo--and found it to be lackluster in the extreme. What the hell was wrong with the story and characters and world introduced so successfully in DS? It just boggles the mind how a developer could get so many things right with a game (DS) and then blow it for the life of the franchise (DS2&3.) I mean, just look at the crap they list above as an improvement: "More monsters/More items"--as if DS3 players were nothing more than click-fest idiots. How about *more story*!??? Sheesh, what a waste.

The world in DS3 is the same as the one in the first game, it's set years in the future. There really were no characters in the first game, other than the farmer, so I can't see how what they did here wasn't an improvement on that. They took the meager story from the original game and fleshed it out and built a world around it in DS3.

There's a lot of story in this game, way more than other series in the same genre. The full game plays more like an RPG with DS combat, the same as the 2nd game in the series did, only DS3 has more character interaction in it.

Whether the story is good or the game is good or not isn't for me to say, but it did everything you're ranting about it not doing.

8. Re: Dungeon Siege III: Treasures of the Sun DLC Next Month Sep 1, 2011, 16:16 descender

Wait, wait...

There's a 30 level cap?

Hahahahahaha... so sad. I miss DS2.

7. Re: Dungeon Siege III: Treasures of the Sun DLC Next Month Sep 1, 2011, 16:16 WaltC

PHJF wrote on Sep 1, 2011, 15:59:
I ignored DS2 until two years later when I got it on sale... then I played through it like three times in a week. It was an improvement over DS in virtually every way, and was damn fun.

Heh...do tell!...;) I loathed DS2, as I said. Of course, the kind of game I like is not amenable to being played through three times in a single week...;) I guess we just have much different tastes.

It is well known that I do not make mistakes--so if you should happen across a mistake in anything I have written, be assured that I did not write it!

6. Re: Dungeon Siege III: Treasures of the Sun DLC Next Month Sep 1, 2011, 15:59 PHJF

I ignored DS2 until two years later when I got it on sale... then I played through it like three times in a week. It was an improvement over DS in virtually every way, and was damn fun.  

Steam + PSN: PHJF

5. Re: Dungeon Siege III: Treasures of the Sun DLC Next Month Sep 1, 2011, 15:47 WaltC

I loved the first, original Dungeon Siege. I think I played the game through at least three times. It had a decent story behind it and the game always had story-centric goals to progress through--I recall it as a truly great game, actually--epic in scope. Plenty of l-e-n-g-t-h, but nothing gratuitous that I can recall. The game was a retail and critical success and put Gas Powered Games on the map.

And so-o-o-o-o-o-ooooo....Chris Taylor, of Gas Powered Games, developing under Microsoft as publisher for DS, made the brilliant decision to strip out everything in DS that made the game great and turn DS2 into a much "shorter" game that was more of a mindless combat click fest than story--and ruined the franchise, imo. DS2 sucked--I bought it and was very disappointed. It was the first time I had ever heard a developer of what was essentially a single-player game like DS make the comment that his game was "too long" and that the next one would be "a lot shorter." What a way to kill a game--never seen anything quite like that since! Although some developers are of the opinion that "people want shorter games" today--rarely if ever have I seen a developer ruin a brilliant franchise that started with so many great things in its favor like DS.

I downloaded the DSIII demo--and found it to be lackluster in the extreme. What the hell was wrong with the story and characters and world introduced so successfully in DS? It just boggles the mind how a developer could get so many things right with a game (DS) and then blow it for the life of the franchise (DS2&3.) I mean, just look at the crap they list above as an improvement: "More monsters/More items"--as if DS3 players were nothing more than click-fest idiots. How about *more story*!??? Sheesh, what a waste.

It is well known that I do not make mistakes--so if you should happen across a mistake in anything I have written, be assured that I did not write it!

4. Re: Dungeon Siege III: Treasures of the Sun DLC Next Month Sep 1, 2011, 14:32 Omni

I uninstalled this last night. It was pretty much a waste of time playing this.

More of the same just worse sadly.

3. Re: Dungeon Siege III: Treasures of the Sun DLC Next Month Sep 1, 2011, 14:23 Mac

Just make it so multiplayer doesnt require everyone to be in the same screen ... dumb shit idea that one ...  

2. Re: Dungeon Siege III: Treasures of the Sun DLC Next Month Sep 1, 2011, 13:44 Prez

I'd rather they release the first 2 on Steam with working multiplayer.  

“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.”
- Mahatma Gandhi

1. Re: Dungeon Siege III: Treasures of the Sun DLC Next Month Sep 1, 2011, 13:43 Verno

I guess you have to sell the ability to respec to get your DLC to move when you make a game that mediocre.  

Playing: Dragon Age Inquisition, Far Cry 4, This War of Mine
Watching: The Walking Dead, The Fall, As Above So Below

17 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo