Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Star Wars Galaxies Endgame Plans

The Sony Station Forums have word that the closure of Star Wars Galaxies on December 15 will involve an "epic" conclusion to the galactic civil war in the Star Wars MMORPG (thanks Eurogamer). This will be open to all players with an active paid subscription, an active Game Pass, or SOE All Access Game Pass in good standing as of September 15, as word is: "Recurring SWG Game Passes will not be billed after September 15, 2011." Here's some detail on the plan:

Beginning in September, the ongoing Galactic Civil War will escalate further as both sides seek to decisively win the epic conflict. In addition to all of the current Galactic Civil War activities, new events and contests will provide you with new ways to earn Galactic Civil War points and advantages you can use to help your side win.

At a time and date yet to be announced, but prior to December 15th, all Galactic Civil War points will be tallied by server. The side with the higher score will win the game, and the galaxy, for each server, as well as change the way the game will end and what happens in the final moments. Celebrations will be in order for those who win and, for the losers, letís just say theyíll be going out with a bang.

Neutral players will also see new decorations in the Storyteller system that will allow them to host their own shutdown events if they choose to opt out of the final battles in the Galactic Civil War.

View
23 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

23. Re: Star Wars Galaxies Endgame Plans Sep 1, 2011, 05:32 Rigs

Don't be such a Negative Nancy you Debbie Downer. Who pushed you down and ate your lunch while shooting your dog?

Don't mind space captain, he pisses in his own corn flakes every morning just for added 'effect'...

=-Rigs-=

'I know what you think you are, what you want us to believe! But I don't buy it! For three years now you've been pulling everyone's strings, getting us to do all the work, and you haven't done a damn thing except stand there and look cryptic.'
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

22. Re: Star Wars Galaxies Endgame Plans Aug 31, 2011, 23:22 Shineyguy

space captain wrote on Aug 31, 2011, 18:04:
star wars is retarded and its fucking hilarious listening to idiots crying about the dumbass who invented their beloved pile of shit in the first place making it somehow more "shitty" by inventing more piles of shit

no wonder this planet is so fucked

Don't be such a Negative Nancy you Debbie Downer. Who pushed you down and ate your lunch while shooting your dog?

21. Re: Star Wars Galaxies Endgame Plans Aug 31, 2011, 22:49 Asmo

Draugr wrote on Aug 31, 2011, 17:57:
That's why they made their game 3000 years before basically anything else we know about in the star wars universe(aside from setting)...Apparently it is cyclical

And yet apparently every pathetic trope attached to the series is rehashed... Again...

That's the worst thing about Star Wars (excepting the novels which are, by and large, miles better than what Lucas has turned the movies in to), they just keep reusing things over and over as if nothing changes...

Star destroyer analogs, check
Wookie sidekicks, check
I've got a bad feeling about this.. check

Back OT, so long Galaxies, you died a long time ago (in a galaxy far far away) and it's finally time for SOE to turn off the life support.

20. Re: Star Wars Galaxies Endgame Plans Aug 31, 2011, 19:59 UttiniDaKilrJawa

If I remember the correct way to send this off would be...

1. Drive a stake through its heart
2. Behead the body.
3. Burn the corpse.

At least that's how I think you handle the undead.

19. Re: Star Wars Galaxies Endgame Plans Aug 31, 2011, 19:14 Cutter

And to think Alec Guiness called it horrible tripe at the time. One could only imagine what he'd have to say now. Well, not say so much as vomit violently all over.

"The South will boogie again!" - Disco Stu

18. Re: Star Wars Galaxies Endgame Plans Aug 31, 2011, 18:52 ^Drag0n^

JoeNapalm wrote on Aug 31, 2011, 16:42:
"Strike me down, with all your hatred, and your journey to the Dark Side will be complete..."

You didn't hear? that dialog has been replaced. Luke speaks instead:

"Hey dad, hand me my lightsaber---it's the one that says 'bad muthafukka' on the bottom...HEY!...Stand still, Palpy...this is gonna hurt you way more than me, bro..."

Wanting it to keep up with the times, making Luke all gangsta and all.

^D^

"Never start a fight, but always finish it."

17. Re: Star Wars Galaxies Endgame Plans Aug 31, 2011, 18:46 ^Drag0n^

Never mind me. I'm just in the corner LMAO...

^D^

"Never start a fight, but always finish it."

16. Re: Star Wars Galaxies Endgame Plans Aug 31, 2011, 18:21  Blue 

space captain wrote on Aug 31, 2011, 18:04:
star wars is retarded and its fucking hilarious listening to idiots crying about the dumbass who invented their beloved pile of shit in the first place making it somehow more "shitty" by inventing more piles of shit

I know... even the quality of trolling has fallen to new lows.

Stephen "Blue" Heaslip
Blue's News Publisher, Editor-in-Chief, El Presidente for Life

15. Re: Star Wars Galaxies Endgame Plans Aug 31, 2011, 18:17 SimplyMonk

Let's keep this all in perspective now. This was the man who originally replaced Wookies with Ewoks to begin with in RotJ.

Thatis the main reason why Empire Strikes Back remains my favorite of the entire series.

14. Re: Star Wars Galaxies Endgame Plans Aug 31, 2011, 18:10 PropheT

Drezden wrote on Aug 31, 2011, 17:10:
And this is what happens when George Lucas wins.
They add stupid shit like "NOOOOO"'s that shouldn't be there
Everyone else loses. Fuck him, seriously. He needs to die so the Star Wars universe stays safe from here on out.

This caused me to cancel my Blu Ray preorder.

What the...that's horrible. It's like taking one of the stupid parts of the new trilogy and dubbing it over the top of one of the biggest scenes in the old one. I can't even begin to understand why they'd do that

13. Re: Star Wars Galaxies Endgame Plans Aug 31, 2011, 18:04 space captain

Go forth, and kill!

12. Re: Star Wars Galaxies Endgame Plans Aug 31, 2011, 17:57 Draugr

That's why they made their game 3000 years before basically anything else we know about in the star wars universe(aside from setting)...Apparently it is cyclical  

11. Re: Star Wars Galaxies Endgame Plans Aug 31, 2011, 17:54 Creston

Neither side CAN win, because of established Star Wars canon. That was the whole fucking problem with Galaxies to begin with. (although they raped canon plenty of times during the game's lifecycle.)

Edit: MORE stupid changes to the movies? Someone please take a huge fucking shit in George Lucas' stupid beard.

Creston

10. Re: Star Wars Galaxies Endgame Plans Aug 31, 2011, 17:35 Darks

nin wrote on Aug 31, 2011, 17:21:
Everyone else loses. Fuck him, seriously. He needs to die so the Star Wars universe stays safe from here on out.

I agree. Think that was the final straw for me and the original trilogy.

Agreed, I canít understand him changing this part. The Emperor scream as hes falling to his death screaming was all the enjoyment I needed in that scene.

Creator of the Neverwnter Nights Eye of the Beholder Series of Mods.

http://www.moddb.com/mods/eye-of-the-beholder-ii-ledgend-of-darkmoon

9. Re: Star Wars Galaxies Endgame Plans Aug 31, 2011, 17:21 nin

I agree. Think that was the final straw for me and the original trilogy.

http://store.nin.com/index.php?cPath=10

8. Re: Star Wars Galaxies Endgame Plans Aug 31, 2011, 17:17 eunichron

Lucas needs to be euthanized, for the good of humanity.

7. Re: Star Wars Galaxies Endgame Plans Aug 31, 2011, 17:13 The Half Elf

Blue wrote on Aug 31, 2011, 17:05:
SimplyMonk wrote on Aug 31, 2011, 16:57:
That's what happens if the Rebels win. If the Empire wins, it is only changed slightly by everyone dancing around eating Ewoks going "Yum yum!"

Now I know who to root for.

Blue, do you have a recipe on how to cook Ewok?

"I've never seen a feature like this before. It warms your ass. It's wonderful" -Walter Bishop

6. Re: Star Wars Galaxies Endgame Plans Aug 31, 2011, 17:10 Trevellian

For the Republic
-C22 Waterson of Planetside 2/Kyrios in ArcheAge

5. Re: Star Wars Galaxies Endgame Plans Aug 31, 2011, 17:07 Darks

That's what happens if the Rebels win. If the Empire wins, it is only changed slightly by everyone dancing around eating Ewoks going "Yum yum!"

The only real way to have an End epic battle is to have real deaths in the game. Once your charís dies, its dead, no coming back fight until the bitter end until none are left to kill. Whoever is left standing are the final victors. Although I know there will be hold outs not wanting to fight until the final personal left. But I think they should just heard everyone into a final area for that epic battle to take place. Anyone straggling and not wanting to fight is removed by the GMs.

Creator of the Neverwnter Nights Eye of the Beholder Series of Mods.

http://www.moddb.com/mods/eye-of-the-beholder-ii-ledgend-of-darkmoon

4. Re: Star Wars Galaxies Endgame Plans Aug 31, 2011, 17:05  Blue 

Now I know who to root for.

Stephen "Blue" Heaslip
Blue's News Publisher, Editor-in-Chief, El Presidente for Life

23 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo