Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Possible Deus Ex: Human Revolution DLC Details

Citing an unnamed "source," VG247 says they have learned the recently cracked coded message in Deus Ex: Human Revolution will lead to the reveal of the first DLC for Eidos Montreal's action/RPG prequel, as many have theorized. They offer some alleged details on the new content this will provide, saying it will take place at sea, involve a floating prison, and the player will be separated from the game's comm support. They also say their source tells them this will involve choosing a new augmentation configuration, which suggests this may not involve playing as Adam Jensen. The puzzle solution suggests we will learn what this is all about on Sunday.

View
28 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

28. Re: Possible Deus Ex: Human Revolution DLC Details Sep 1, 2011, 00:48 eRe4s3r

lol I wonder if the DPD remains hostile throughout the game...

I have to admit, i too plan on storming the police station but from the sewers (theres simply way better cover there ,p) it sounds like a nice meta-challenge ;p

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

27. Re: Possible Deus Ex: Human Revolution DLC Details Sep 1, 2011, 00:31 Wallshadows

So, I *accidentally* shot up the whole police precinct while on the way to the morgue and whatnot and suddenly I am the bad guy and get gibbed as soon as I leave the police station be it through the front door or roof.

I'm doing this wrong, wrong, wrong! Might have to restart the game and be less of a cluts when dealing with Sergeant desk jockey rather then to put a bullet in his head...

Update: Ladies and gentlemen, I have squashed that DPD nuisance and am now feared by all. I have won the game!

This comment was edited on Sep 1, 2011, 00:42.

26. Re: Possible Deus Ex: Human Revolution DLC Details Aug 31, 2011, 23:51 Creston

Wallshadows wrote on Aug 31, 2011, 19:33:
First, he was roped in to this game believing that it's completely action where you can run in to a room and gun down all the baddies ala CoD but was raging when he realized three or four shots would kill you. The concept of stealth is non existent to him as he says it's stupid.

I had a similar mouthbreather buddy back when the first Deus Ex was launched, and he played it for 2 minutes, saw that it took 4 out of his 6 bullets to kill the first guard, and quit playing it.

Be GLAD idiots like this don't play Deus Ex. That way it doesn't have to get dumbed down to accomodate the "D00D! I JUST TOTALLY RAN IN THAT ROOM AND CLEANED HOUSE, BRAH! ROCK THE FUCK ON!" crowd.

Give him his call of duty disc back and tell him to go away. Permanently.

Creston

25. Re: Possible Deus Ex: Human Revolution DLC Details Aug 31, 2011, 20:57 nin

Sounds like I need to finally try out the typhoon.

The rocket launcher is also your friend, but it takes a lot of space.

http://www.nin.com/pub/tension/

24. Re: Possible Deus Ex: Human Revolution DLC Details Aug 31, 2011, 19:33 Wallshadows

I just started to play DE and it's really a blast. However, what I find even more enjoyable is how much my friend hates it for all the wrong reasons.

First, he was roped in to this game believing that it's completely action where you can run in to a room and gun down all the baddies ala CoD but was raging when he realized three or four shots would kill you. The concept of stealth is non existent to him as he says it's stupid.

Second, he claims to hate the futuristic aspect of the game. I don't even know how this would be a surprise for even a newcomer to the series, but the idea of augmentations and the scifi nature of this game somehow caught him off guard.

Third, apparently it's too hard even on easy. This likely tied in with the first point and makes me roll my eyes.

This is something I figured would happen and will be the case with a lot of players who think like him and build their foundation on CoD or any other shooter out there. He jumped in with expectations from an entirely different monster, fell flat on his face and then calls the game stupid or bad because he has no idea what he's doing and unwilling to learn how to play.

23. Re: Possible Deus Ex: Human Revolution DLC Details Aug 31, 2011, 18:55 eRe4s3r

EMP armor is also incredible useful at the last "boss", not sure without it you could even survive.  

22. Re: Possible Deus Ex: Human Revolution DLC Details Aug 31, 2011, 18:31 Acleacius

I hope this is good obviously, but hope this isn't a pr disaster. As most developers, pretty sure they build the game then take out part for dlc.

Creston wrote on Aug 31, 2011, 17:53:
I absolutely DESTROYED the second boss. She never even got a lick in.

Creston
Same here, except I just Typhooned her twice in a row, since she was stunned after the first.

The people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders.That is easy.All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger.It works the same way in any country.

21. Re: Possible Deus Ex: Human Revolution DLC Details Aug 31, 2011, 17:53 Creston

I absolutely DESTROYED the second boss. She never even got a lick in.

secret to avoid spoilers: She ran up to me, I typhooned her. While she was stunned, I rattled around 100 rounds of a heavy rifle into her ass. She cloaked. I tried to find her, and she attacked me again right near one of the power generators. Typhoon 2, boom, end of line.

Typhoon murders the bosses. I kind of wonder if the devs figured EVERYONE would just take the typhoon as soon as it's available, and that's why the boss fights are there. With Typhoon they're just a cakewalk.

Creston

20. Re: Possible Deus Ex: Human Revolution DLC Details Aug 31, 2011, 17:37 spindoctor

Cutter wrote on Aug 31, 2011, 16:23:
And I don't find the level design really inspired. It's not bad, just not great.

I actually like the level design. Lower Heng Sha is just really cool to walk around in. And some of the later levels, while they might look like big boxes, are actually very 'sandboxy' in nature and you can really see the effort that went into designing the multiple paths in them. Hell I even thought TYM was a great level, as linear as it became. I can definitely see a lot of work went into the art and the thinking behind how the levels were carefully crafted.

Some of the most miserable and unhappy gamers on the planet are at Bluesnews

19. Re: Possible Deus Ex: Human Revolution DLC Details Aug 31, 2011, 17:26 Tanto Edge

Creston wrote on Aug 31, 2011, 11:53:
Tanto Edge wrote on Aug 31, 2011, 11:40:
Y'mean like Lost and the Damned and The Ballad of Gay Tony?

That's a fair point, though those two were more expansion packs than DLC. And I thought the Lost and the Damned sucked ass precisely for the reason that the protagonist was a giant fucking douchenozzle.

I just like the DLC to tie in with the game, or make you be able to continue on after it. Like the ME2 DLC, that were mostly just missions you could during the game.

I prefer those to DLC that just sort of hangs off to the side.

Creston

Expansion pack! Touche!
Everyone's been saying DLC for so long now, I forgot the term expansion pack.
Having never played either, I can't say anything for their quality, but when I think of expansions with alternative characters, I think of OpFor, and that brings fond memories.
So I'm alright with it so long as it's sensible.

I will say that I would prefer DLC that just plugs right into the game, although that'd mean I'd have to play through again (*gasp* say it isn't so).

Regardless, I hope they just release the Tong mission sometime in the near future.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=705LEH3j2g0&t=0m24s
http://www.youtube.com/user/tantoedge

18. Re: Possible Deus Ex: Human Revolution DLC Details Aug 31, 2011, 16:47 JoeNapalm

Cutter wrote on Aug 31, 2011, 16:23:
Haven't finished yet, but I'm close. I've enjoyed it overall and it's a good game, but I wouldn't say it's been great. Some things, that I'm finding hard to pin down atm, are missing that elevate it to that really great game status for me. I think the fact that Jensen's "Batman" voice really bothers the hell out of me is up there. The Boss fights - even though there are only a few, still such a bad choice to implement. I did however find a great way to rock the second boss! Missile launcher and shotgun to the face made short work of her. And I don't find the level design really inspired. It's not bad, just not great. Overall it's been well worth the $34 without a doubt though and I do look forward to the DLC so long as its got some reas substance to it. Funny, and I was just thinking I'd rather wait and see a full on expansion for this than DLC we've been seeing for FONV. Anyway, this buoys my hopes somewhat for Thief 4.

I think, by today's standards, it's epic. Much better than I dared hope.

The "Batman voice" thing bothered me, too, until I remembered that he'd had his throat crushed. Then I chalked it up to that. *Grin*

A lot has been said about the Boss Fights. I'm not done, yet, but the first two Boss Fights, for me, involved having maxed out my Armor (to include EMP immunity) and a couple of well-placed EMP 'nades. Game Over, Good Guy 2, Bad Guys 0.

Is the game perfect? No, of course not. But I find myself really wanting to play it, hoping that it lasts just long enough to end right before I'd get bored.

-Jn-
Ifriti Sophist

17. Re: Possible Deus Ex: Human Revolution DLC Details Aug 31, 2011, 16:23 Cutter

Haven't finished yet, but I'm close. I've enjoyed it overall and it's a good game, but I wouldn't say it's been great. Some things, that I'm finding hard to pin down atm, are missing that elevate it to that really great game status for me. I think the fact that Jensen's "Batman" voice really bothers the hell out of me is up there. The Boss fights - even though there are only a few, still such a bad choice to implement. I did however find a great way to rock the second boss! Missile launcher and shotgun to the face made short work of her. And I don't find the level design really inspired. It's not bad, just not great. Overall it's been well worth the $34 without a doubt though and I do look forward to the DLC so long as its got some reas substance to it. Funny, and I was just thinking I'd rather wait and see a full on expansion for this than DLC we've been seeing for FONV. Anyway, this buoys my hopes somewhat for Thief 4.

"The South will boogie again!" - Disco Stu

16. Re: Possible Deus Ex: Human Revolution DLC Details Aug 31, 2011, 15:37 Shok

Tumbler wrote on Aug 31, 2011, 13:47:
I'm pleasantly surprised by how well it runs.

Yeah Tumbler, I was going to upgrade my video card so I could have all the tesselation, etc. but it ran so smooth I decided to put that off a few more months or so.

It's sad that we are so used to unoptimized console ports that when a developer releases something actually optimized for PC it's a surprise

15. Re: Possible Deus Ex: Human Revolution DLC Details Aug 31, 2011, 14:51 Fion

Having just finished DE:HR for the first time I'm looking forward to any DLC but I agree, it needs to be more than an hour of content for $15. The game is, for me, absolutely the best game I've played this year. In a year of disappointments DE:HR stands alone (though the year isn't out yet). Any DLC will have to be just as good or it will garner a great deal of criticism.  

14. Re: Possible Deus Ex: Human Revolution DLC Details Aug 31, 2011, 14:37 mch

Alamar wrote on Aug 31, 2011, 13:04:
Not that I can play it now... Finally picked up a PS3 with Infamous 1/2, God of war 1/2, Demon's Souls, and Castlevania... Playing through Infamous 1 first (PS3 bundle came with #2, so I bought #1 for $15 so I could learn the story : ). And that's what put DX:HR on hold, but I want to get back into it and finish out the last bit (5-10 hours?).

-Alamar

A little off topic, but you might consider playing Demon's Souls sooner rather than later, before they switch off the multiplayer servers. The multiplayer aspect is integrated into that game in a very interesting way and it'd be a shame to miss out.

They've extended the date they plan to switch them off a few times, but I bet right now it falls somewhere around the release of Dark Souls.

PSN: CaseDesignate

13. Re: Possible Deus Ex: Human Revolution DLC Details Aug 31, 2011, 13:47 Tumbler

Couldn't take the wait any longer, picked up the $34.99 pc download price on Amazon, loaded it up on Steam.

I'm pleasantly surprised by how well it runs. I tried it on the 360 and liked it there and seeing the minimum required specs were almost exactly what I had I expected the game to run like ass.

I get at least what I saw on the 360 on my X2 5600+, 9600GT, 4GB ram system. Anyone else concerned about using the required minimum specs can rest easy, the game works very well on my machine.

As for the DLC...it better be really fucking good. I know you guys have reason to be taking a victory lap at this point but unless you've got a whole new hub area about to drop I don't see how this whole announcement is going to end well. You accomplished a lot, but lets not get carried away by how much good will you've earned from gamers. If you show up with a downloadable cape for $5 I think I'd check your chair very close next time you sit down...

(I was going to say check your car next time you go to start it but that seemed a little too sinister)

99gamers.com-Game trading site, PC digital trading!
Kickstarter "Game Developer"!

12. Re: Possible Deus Ex: Human Revolution DLC Details Aug 31, 2011, 13:24 Verno

The game itself or the DLC? If the former then it's both done and on sale right now, so enjoy.  

Playing: Dark Souls 2
Watching: Korengal, Legends, Intruders

11. Re: Possible Deus Ex: Human Revolution DLC Details Aug 31, 2011, 13:22 Pineapple Ferguson

I'll buy it when it's done and on sale.  

10. Re: Possible Deus Ex: Human Revolution DLC Details Aug 31, 2011, 13:20 nin

Still $34.99 for a steam key from amazon...

http://www.nin.com/pub/tension/

9. Re: Possible Deus Ex: Human Revolution DLC Details Aug 31, 2011, 13:04 Alamar

Esoteric wrote on Aug 31, 2011, 12:56:
With all the praise this game is getting, I'm really looking forward to playing it. I don't think I can remember the last time a game got universal positive reviews from actual players. Plan on getting it on Steam when I can afford it (damn bills!).

Don't buy it on steam, unless you wait for a sale... Green Man Gaming has a 20% coupon like every second week or something... D2D did this for a bit too, and the GMG purchase is just a Key to put into steam, so exact same end result.

Reminds me, I got the aug edition and they never sent the DX 1 info...

Not that I can play it now... Finally picked up a PS3 with Infamous 1/2, God of war 1/2, Demon's Souls, and Castlevania... Playing through Infamous 1 first (PS3 bundle came with #2, so I bought #1 for $15 so I could learn the story : ). And that's what put DX:HR on hold, but I want to get back into it and finish out the last bit (5-10 hours?).

-Alamar

28 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo