Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Into the Black

View
13 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

13. Re: Into the Black Aug 31, 2011, 12:56 PHJF

The plot was about a sentient AI that wants to dominate humanity. Hardly an original idea.  

Steam + PSN: PHJF
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

12. Re: Into the Black Aug 31, 2011, 12:32 Bodolza

nin wrote on Aug 30, 2011, 23:15:
Legacy was ok, once I checked my brain at the door. It was funny reading all the reviews saying it had no plot, like this was suddenly a new development in the tron series.

I've heard both these things many times, and I don't understand how anyone can say either one. Of course there was a plot. As for checking your brain, I think many people did that anyways. Tron Legacy had plenty to say about modern technology -- as much or more than any mainstream fantasy film I can think of.

11. Re: Into the Black Aug 31, 2011, 07:01 InBlack

On a tandem, I just watched Super 8 yesterday and was pleasantly surprised by the movie.

The acting is pretty good (when its not typical "feelie" bullshit) the screenplay is not half-bad, the effects are over the top (a little bit too much for my taste) and the monster is quite cool.

Basically its E.T. with balls...Maybe thats why I liked it so much. Its trashy, but its trashy in a certain "homage to 80's action flicks" style with some great camerawork.

For reference Cloverfield was a complete dissapointement. J.J Abrams is a pretty good SCi-Fi director, he just needs better scripts.

I have a nifty blue line!

10. Re: Into the Black Aug 31, 2011, 02:10 Prez

The sign with the handicap ramp (near the bottom) had me laughing out loud for a good minute. Brilliant!  

“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.”
- Mahatma Gandhi

9. Re: Into the Black Aug 31, 2011, 01:48 meezookeewee

Personally, I rather enjoyed Tron Legacy a great deal. I thought it was very well done. Visually, anyway. CGI-Jeff Bridges was a little off-putting though, but his performance was fantastic. I certainly wouldn't say Legacy was without its problems, it certainly had those, but I thought it was a lot of fun. The original film is a classic, despite its cheesiness.  

8. Re: Into the Black Aug 31, 2011, 01:25 Hoop

Heel the love
Marley & me
Dec 25
The dog dies

Oh man the movie studio must have had a fit.

Um .. Behind you...

7. Re: you want a done deal? Aug 31, 2011, 01:02 Genesys

I suppose a single book in the Lensman series might be doable, or part of a book :) They're all over the map as far as sci-fi weirdness goes. Not sure how you would put it into movie form. You'd either honor the books and confuse the heck out of Joe Moviegoer like "2001" or "Dune" did, or do a "treatment" and end up with something like "I, Robot".

The Lensman humans were pretty one-dimensional, too. It's the aliens that were interesting.

6. you want a done deal? Aug 30, 2011, 23:56 space captain

J. Michael Straczynski was the Ronald D. Moore of the 90s. As the mind behind Babylon 5 he broke new ground on television and in science fiction. He’s since gone on to mainstream, Hollywood film success as the writer of Clint Eastwood’s Oscar nominated film Changeling and JMS is now a heavily sought after screenwriter. That doesn’t mean he’s forgotten his science fiction roots.

Among the many projects on his plate, Straczynski is working on an adaptation of the classic “Lensman” stories of E.E. "Doc" Smith.

As for who decides where it goes from here, last we heard Ron Howard and Universal were behind the project. JMS confirms that they’re still behind it saying, “We're looking to do new things with effects, and of course with Ron Howard involved it's always going to be character-oriented, so we combine what you can do with effects these days with a really strong character story.”

Go forth, and kill!

5. Re: Into the Black Aug 30, 2011, 23:49 Cutter

"Boxleitner...what a pro."
- Stan Smith

"The South will boogie again!" - Disco Stu

4. Re: Into the Black Aug 30, 2011, 23:15 nin

It had none of the charm of the first movie.

I watched the original about a year ago, and it was cringe inducing. "Charm" would be one of the last words I'd use for it. "Cheese" might be more appropriate.

Legacy was ok, once I checked my brain at the door. It was funny reading all the reviews saying it had no plot, like this was suddenly a new development in the tron series.

http://store.nin.com/index.php?cPath=10

3. Re: Signs Aug 30, 2011, 22:28 Shok

Saw that link a few weeks ago. The Adam West floor is still the best lol. Lots of other clever ones though.

Re: Tron legacy: I was never a big fan of Tron but Tron legacy was a good sci-fi popcorn movie. And there's really not enough decent sci-fi movies anyway...

2. Re: Into the Black Aug 30, 2011, 21:33 PHJF

They put too much effort into mainstreaming it. And the end was so very, very stupid.  

Steam + PSN: PHJF

1. Re: Into the Black Aug 30, 2011, 21:12 The Half Elf

Honestly I REALLY didn't like Tron Legacy. I could deal with the CGI Jeff Bridges (until they showed him in white light), but the entire story just sucked. It had none of the charm of the first movie.  

"I've never seen a feature like this before. It warms your ass. It's wonderful" -Walter Bishop

13 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo