Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

More Deus Ex: Human Revolution Code Clues

Eidos Montreal's Stephane D'Astous tweets another clue for the coded message from Deus Ex: Human Revolution, following this hint from earlier. The new message says: "DXHR's treasure hunt ... i have been told to tweet this important message 'a d / u k / w 0' ... good luck to all." Meanwhile Jean-François Dugas tweets: "7 2 / m 1 / . 4," and Sebastien Bisch offers a hint: "think about WHO and you'll find WHERE, eventually." Here's the sequence we have so far in as close as we can figure to the original order:

Original message from the game:

okM8-+Ds4Dui?lMh$Mzvm14SBqe7;G.l6=u74b?mkh-45Ki60d+98XBpCku7

Also from the game:

5 - / ! f / f q / x c / q y / d 3 / ? x / t $ / j #

Via this tweet:

a d / u k / w 0

Via this tweet:

r 5 / i e / y p

Via this tweet:

7 2 / m 1 / . 4

View
43 Replies. 3 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 ] Older >

43. Re: More Deus Ex: Human Revolution Code Clues Aug 30, 2011, 20:27 Quboid

Hey Eidos, decode this.
13311 3N1)5

- Quboid
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

42. Re: More Deus Ex: Human Revolution Code Clues Aug 30, 2011, 17:52 Dirwulf

Click on the Illuminati eye

User name: uluru
Password: 11m13clinic

41. Re: More Deus Ex: Human Revolution Code Clues Aug 30, 2011, 17:44 Dirwulf

The entire substitution key:

Code:

a|b|c|d|e|f|g|h|i|j|k|l|m|n|o|p|q|r|s|t|u|v|w|x|y|z
d|o|m|3|;|q|w|+|e|#|r|l|1|7|.|g|y|5|t|$|k|?|0|c|p|v

0|1|2|3|4|5|6|7|8|9 !|+|#|?|.|;|=|-|$
!|i|a|n|h|-|u|2|z|b f|j|s|x|4|6|8|9|=

40. Re: More Deus Ex: Human Revolution Code Clues Aug 30, 2011, 16:11 Beamer

So it looks like the substitution most of us tried may be right.

Also:
http://13311tower.com/

-------------
Music for the discerning:
http://www.deathwishinc.com
http://www.hydrahead.com
http://www.painkillerrecords.com

39. Re: More Deus Ex: Human Revolution Code Clues Aug 30, 2011, 16:06 ^Drag0n^

LittleMe wrote on Aug 30, 2011, 15:21:
^Drag0n^ wrote on Aug 30, 2011, 12:58:
I think it's from twitter (verifying that now) I snagged it off the thread on Reddit.com (LINK) to which my little ovaltine joke was taken by someone here

Uh heh it's a good joke but sorry I didn't take it from another post anywhere. It's a funny and memorable part of that movie.

Post 153.

Just sayin.

^D^

"Never start a fight, but always finish it."

38. Re: More Deus Ex: Human Revolution Code Clues Aug 30, 2011, 15:21 LittleMe

^Drag0n^ wrote on Aug 30, 2011, 12:58:
I think it's from twitter (verifying that now) I snagged it off the thread on Reddit.com (LINK) to which my little ovaltine joke was taken by someone here

Uh heh it's a good joke but sorry I didn't take it from another post anywhere. It's a funny and memorable part of that movie.

Political freedom can only be preceded by economic freedom which is preceded by monetary freedom.

37. Re: More Deus Ex: Human Revolution Code Clues Aug 30, 2011, 15:09 Creston

Dev wrote on Aug 30, 2011, 14:56:
The different nodes and what they do are noted in the hack help (I think there's a help button on the hack screen). For instance, the CLEARANCE nodes reduce all data (reward) nodes by 2.

Yep.
SPAM reduces the security node's rating by 1. (and is cumulative.) This means it'll take it longer to conquer nodes when it's tracing you.
TRANSFER either gives an uncaptured random node a -2, or a captured node a +2.
SOFTEN gives all adjacent nodes a -1.

I hardly bother with API nodes unless they're on my way, though. What's the point in capping a rating 4 CLEARANCE node just to lower the rating of a data node from 4 to 2?

I just bust straight for the red, and if I can't reach that, I just cap in every possible direction. It's so rare that you ever run the risk of being traced. I think I have like 50 Stop and 80 Nuke software in my inventory. I should sell that shit, but then again I already have 55K in money too.

I like the hacking mini-game, but I do wish it was a little harder. There's literally no danger of me ever failing a hack...

Creston

36. Re: More Deus Ex: Human Revolution Code Clues Aug 30, 2011, 15:09 ^Drag0n^

Steve:

Mailed you the twitter link.

^D^

35. Re: More Deus Ex: Human Revolution Code Clues Aug 30, 2011, 15:04 Dmitri_M

Wallshadows wrote on Aug 30, 2011, 14:25:
This is an invitation to party with D.B. Cooper and The Zodiac Killer.

Fun will be had and there will be punch.

lol

34. Re: More Deus Ex: Human Revolution Code Clues Aug 30, 2011, 15:00 Acleacius

Creston wrote on Aug 30, 2011, 14:39:
Capturing the security node instantly unlocks everything in the entire "level."

So unless you can't reach it because it's behind a one-way pathway, it's usually quicker to capture the security node.

Creston

Gtk, tyvm Creston! Cheers

The people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders.That is easy.All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger.It works the same way in any country.

33. Re: More Deus Ex: Human Revolution Code Clues Aug 30, 2011, 15:00 ^Drag0n^

Oh....very clever, Jon..

@Jonatchoo
Jonathan J-B
Photo: Adam Jensen and Barrett finally meet in real life. On my desk!!! I’m outta here!! #DXHR #DEHR #DeusEx tumblr.com/xgg4ej0ofg

Look at the image.

Closely.

c m / n 7 / p g / g w / + j / # s / 2 a / 8 z / 0 !

I just found it when he said he had already given up his section of the clue.

^D^

32. Re: More Deus Ex: Human Revolution Code Clues Aug 30, 2011, 14:56 Dev

Beamer wrote on Aug 30, 2011, 14:53:
I had tried to capture a red in the past and failed for some reason, so I stopped trying. Grabbed one last night, though, and started doing it more often. It seems that the rewards you get, at least whatever is shown in the bottom left hand corner, go by too quickly for me to read them.

I didn't start using nukes until yesterday, either. Man, I had 45 of them sitting there. It's so much easier now that I use them.

I didn't realize you could cap the red main node. I know about the nukes, I use them if there's like a 5 rated node I need to cap and all the rest is 1's or 2's, I can cap it without setting off alarm.

Also, there's a perma list of rewards on lower RIGHT that lists your money/xp/software rewards (which are the ones that persist after the hack). Lower left disappears its true, but lower RIGHT does not as long as you are in the hack. Also there's a summary screen of rewards once you finish the hack.
The different nodes and what they do are noted in the hack help (I think there's a help button on the hack screen). For instance, the CLEARANCE nodes reduce all data (reward) nodes by 2.

31. Re: More Deus Ex: Human Revolution Code Clues Aug 30, 2011, 14:53 Beamer

I had tried to capture a red in the past and failed for some reason, so I stopped trying. Grabbed one last night, though, and started doing it more often. It seems that the rewards you get, at least whatever is shown in the bottom left hand corner, go by too quickly for me to read them.

I didn't start using nukes until yesterday, either. Man, I had 45 of them sitting there. It's so much easier now that I use them.

-------------
Music for the discerning:
http://www.deathwishinc.com
http://www.hydrahead.com
http://www.painkillerrecords.com

30. Re: More Deus Ex: Human Revolution Code Clues Aug 30, 2011, 14:50 Dirwulf

Lots of stuff being figured out on the Steam forums...

Special Message Incoming.

29. Re: More Deus Ex: Human Revolution Code Clues Aug 30, 2011, 14:48 PHJF

There are a lot of hacks where it isn't possible to capture the red node.

I hadn't realized capping the red node gave you the bonus nodes, though. Interesting.

Steam + PSN: PHJF

28. Re: More Deus Ex: Human Revolution Code Clues Aug 30, 2011, 14:39 Creston

Alamar wrote on Aug 30, 2011, 14:37:
Acleacius wrote on Aug 30, 2011, 14:25:
Playing a stealth/hacker, haven't seen this asked and no explanation in the Tutorial either.

Noticed if you capture the Red Security node(s) directly, it instantly gives you access. It also looks like it gives you all Bonuses from the whole puzzle, including ones you have not unlocked yet. I'm honestly not sure if I'm imagining this, if it's true then it could really cut down on time, going strait for the Red Security nodes directly. Anyone else tested this yet?

Thanks.

Your theory is interesting... For me, I've also noticed capturing the red is good... But I keep capturing all the cubes, then the red, and sometimes nothing is added... sometimes 1 or all lines are doubled...

-Alamar

Capturing the security node instantly unlocks everything in the entire "level."

So unless you can't reach it because it's behind a one-way pathway, it's usually quicker to capture the security node.

Creston

27. Re: More Deus Ex: Human Revolution Code Clues Aug 30, 2011, 14:38 Creston

I lol'ed when I found the sportsblogger's desk in the Picus building, with bottles of strong booze and painkillers all around. That was awesome.

Oh, I found a way to get it to run at work. What, you guys can't play it at work? :p

Creston

26. Re: More Deus Ex: Human Revolution Code Clues Aug 30, 2011, 14:37 Alamar

Acleacius wrote on Aug 30, 2011, 14:25:
Playing a stealth/hacker, haven't seen this asked and no explanation in the Tutorial either.

Noticed if you capture the Red Security node(s) directly, it instantly gives you access. It also looks like it gives you all Bonuses from the whole puzzle, including ones you have not unlocked yet. I'm honestly not sure if I'm imagining this, if it's true then it could really cut down on time, going strait for the Red Security nodes directly. Anyone else tested this yet?

Thanks.

Your theory is interesting... For me, I've also noticed capturing the red is good... But I keep capturing all the cubes, then the red, and sometimes nothing is added... sometimes 1 or all lines are doubled...

-Alamar

25. Re: More Deus Ex: Human Revolution Code Clues Aug 30, 2011, 14:32 ^Drag0n^

Blue wrote on Aug 30, 2011, 14:25:
Quboid wrote on Aug 30, 2011, 13:44:
Can you add the 5th clue to the article please? It would help to have them together but they're not worth individual news items any more.

What is it? It looks like the one ^D^ reported was a reddit complaint, I can't see anywhere that the actual fifth code has been discovered.

Agreed. I'm still looking for first-source; not found anything yet.

^D^

24. Re: More Deus Ex: Human Revolution Code Clues Aug 30, 2011, 14:25  Blue 

Quboid wrote on Aug 30, 2011, 13:44:
Can you add the 5th clue to the article please? It would help to have them together but they're not worth individual news items any more.

What is it? It looks like the one ^D^ reported was a reddit complaint, I can't see anywhere that the actual fifth code has been discovered.

Stephen "Blue" Heaslip
Blue's News Publisher, Editor-in-Chief, El Presidente for Life

43 Replies. 3 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo