Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Deus Ex: Human Revolution "Special Message" Tomorrow

We should expect a "special message" from Deus Ex: Human Revolution tomorrow, according to an in-game message, as shown in this screenshot sent along by nin. Word is: "Human Revolutions -- Special Message Incoming / Be Ready / 2200 GMT 29 Aug."

View
173 Replies. 9 pages. Viewing page 9.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ] Older >

13. Re: Deus Ex: Human Revolution Aug 28, 2011, 15:05 MajorD

Krovven wrote on Aug 28, 2011, 15:03:
MajorD wrote on Aug 28, 2011, 15:01:
we should start seeing Garrett come out from the shadows in the next weeks/months to market/promote Thief 4.

Uggh, along with Deus Ex I had been ignoring anything about it and expecting the worst. Think I'll stick to that plan, it worked for Deus Ex.

Agreed......

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

12. Re: Deus Ex: Human Revolution Aug 28, 2011, 15:03 Krovven

MajorD wrote on Aug 28, 2011, 15:01:
we should start seeing Garrett come out from the shadows in the next weeks/months to market/promote Thief 4.

Uggh, along with Deus Ex I had been ignoring anything about it and expecting the worst. Think I'll stick to that plan, it worked for Deus Ex.

11. Re: Deus Ex: Human Revolution Aug 28, 2011, 15:02 Krovven

nin wrote on Aug 28, 2011, 14:56:
I actually watched Blade Runner again last night.

Been thinking of doing the same. BluRay special edition...but which version of the movie to watch?

10. Re: Deus Ex: Human Revolution "Special Message" Tomorrow Aug 28, 2011, 15:01 MajorD

Now that Deus Ex: Human Resolution is out the door, we should start seeing Garrett come out from the shadows in the next weeks/months to market/promote Thief 4.

9. Re: Deus Ex: Human Revolution Aug 28, 2011, 14:58 Krovven

Techie714 wrote on Aug 28, 2011, 14:24:
The atmosphere really reminds of Blade Runner and a not to distant future we will all see.

I just hope it's not yellow

Seriously though, the game is great. I still don't like the yellow color palette, and the engine looks and feels dated. Hopefully they get started on a sequel and get a new engine to go with it.

8. Re: Deus Ex: Human Revolution Aug 28, 2011, 14:56 Agent.X7

Now they institute the Illuminati plan to ruin the game by offering DLC that requires you to not have made it past the first area in the game.  

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7

7. Re: Deus Ex: Human Revolution Aug 28, 2011, 14:56 nin

I know this game got a ton of positive hype but I have to say it's one of those RARE games where the hype was justified in my opinion.
The atmosphere really reminds of Blade Runner and a not to distant future we will all see. Great game!

I agree, I still can't believe they pulled it off. And yeah, after playing since last Tuesday, I actually watched Blade Runner again last night.

They had the audacity to make a good game and somehow the publisher let them.

I was thinking the same thing this morning. From their interviews, and the fact that they nailed the feel of the game so well, I'm guessing there was minimal publisher meddling.

I'm looking forward to whatever the studio does next. Hopefully everyone gets a two month paid vacation, and then right to work on another DX game.

http://www.nin.com/pub/tension/

6. Re: Deus Ex: Human Revolution "Special Message" Tomorrow Aug 28, 2011, 14:48 HorrorScope

$35 at Amazon.  

5. Re: Deus Ex: Human Revolution "Special Message" Tomorrow Aug 28, 2011, 14:39 Sepharo

They had the audacity to make a good game and somehow the publisher let them. Please, please, mean more good games are to be expected now as industry management learns some lessons.  

4. Re: Deus Ex: Human Revolution Aug 28, 2011, 14:37 Dmitri_M

It feels like a proper Game.

Those are rare these days.

3. Re: Deus Ex: Human Revolution Aug 28, 2011, 14:34 swaaye

I agree. This game is one hell of a surprise. Eidos Montreal is a company to watch.  

2. Re: Deus Ex: Human Revolution "Special Message" Tomorrow Aug 28, 2011, 14:30 dubfanatic

A patch to disable the boss fights?  

1. Re: Deus Ex: Human Revolution "Special Message" Tomorrow Aug 28, 2011, 14:24 Techie714

I know this game got a ton of positive hype but I have to say it's one of those RARE games where the hype was justified in my opinion. I'm in the middle of the game right now & absolutely LOVING it. One of the things I really enjoy about the game is how difficult it can be at times. So many games out there you have to empty a clip into a bad guy to bring them down, but not this one. the game takes into account shot location & armor penetration based on the weapon used. I've died numerous times by 1-3 shots depending on range. I really love reading all the newspapers too. The atmosphere really reminds of Blade Runner and a not to distant future we will all see. Great game!  

Steam (ID)
http://steamcommunity.com/id/techie714/
DEAD SH0T
Keep your privacy!
http://prism-break.org/

173 Replies. 9 pages. Viewing page 9.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo