Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Deus Ex: Human Revolution "Special Message" Tomorrow

We should expect a "special message" from Deus Ex: Human Revolution tomorrow, according to an in-game message, as shown in this screenshot sent along by nin. Word is: "Human Revolutions -- Special Message Incoming / Be Ready / 2200 GMT 29 Aug."

View
173 Replies. 9 pages. Viewing page 8.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ] Older >

33. Re: Deus Ex: Human Revolution Aug 28, 2011, 17:25 dheer

I agree with most here about how well the game was put together. Really, really fun so far.

What really gets me excited however, is if they can do this for Deus Ex, what can they do with Thief 4?

I wonder if he reads them, or if it's just for show.
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

32. Re: Deus Ex: Human Revolution Aug 28, 2011, 17:09 Suddenly_Dead

MrBone wrote on Aug 28, 2011, 16:52:
To think people are getting gitty over this special message makes me question just what the heck you guys are doing with your lives. Come on man.

git
noun /git/
gits, plural

An unpleasant or contemptible person

31. Re: Deus Ex: Human Revolution "Special Message" Tomorrow Aug 28, 2011, 17:09 Icewind

Christ you guys are slow. This started appearing two days ago.

nin just now realized it?

Ugh.

Slowpokes.

30. Re: Deus Ex: Human Revolution Aug 28, 2011, 16:58 Nucas

To think people are getting gitty over this special message makes me question just what the heck you guys are doing with your lives. Come on man.
i know rite these fucken losers should be reading messages on the internet and ridiculing them lol

29. Re: Deus Ex: Human Revolution Aug 28, 2011, 16:54 Sepharo

Who's gittin giddy?
Looks like mostly general game discussion to me.

28. Re: Deus Ex: Human Revolution Aug 28, 2011, 16:52 MrBone

27. Re: Deus Ex: Human Revolution Aug 28, 2011, 16:40 jacobvandy

Beamer wrote on Aug 28, 2011, 16:19:
Yeah, it is a little strange that they'll react if you miss and the dart flies past their head, but not if it hits them in the body. HOWEVER, it does allow you to do awesome things, like tranq one guy in the body and then time it so you hit his buddy in the head and they both go down at the same time.

Yup, but it makes stealth much, much easier than the first game.
As a whole it is, anyway. As much as I dislike ammo for take-downs (is there a way to make it auto-recharge more than one cell?) it's pretty simple to follow a guy. They have zero peripheral vision, and sometimes they turn right when I get to them and I just swing behind them. This is on the hardest difficulty.

Still, I think I enjoy this more than the original. I didn't play the original until it was 3 or 4 years old, still loved it. I think I'm liking this one more.

Dopefish!

Believe me, attempting a Pacifist run (didn't get it -_-) teaches you a lot about the flaws in the AI. (Did you know they won't shoot through breakable glass?) I understand why they can't make them too aware, though, because some areas are tricky enough as it is. Maybe a modder will figure out how to make it harder.

As for the energy, I think they originally had it so it didn't recharge at all. Then they decided to allow the first one to recharge so you could still be able to do a takedown or use active powers even if you were out of candy bars. It just forces you to mix up your tactics and not rely on doing one thing so much, whether it's cloaking or takedowns, because too much of either of those would be really overpowered.

26. Re: Deus Ex: Human Revolution Aug 28, 2011, 16:36 nin

Just got to the second hub - holy cow it's huge.

SST
2000 credits to find out where the girl is being held? Well, what happens when I give you the credits, you give me the info, and then I kick your ass?

<checks body, collects 2000 credits>

Thanks asshole. Oh, and I'm taking your shotgun, too.

http://store.nin.com/index.php?cPath=10

25. Re: Deus Ex: Human Revolution Aug 28, 2011, 16:28 JoeNapalm

Ecthelion wrote on Aug 28, 2011, 15:30:
Krovven wrote on Aug 28, 2011, 15:02:
nin wrote on Aug 28, 2011, 14:56:
I actually watched Blade Runner again last night.

Been thinking of doing the same. BluRay special edition...but which version of the movie to watch?

I have that set too, and I still have yet to see anything besides the Director's Cut and Final Cut. I keep running across people that actually prefer the narration from the other versions, but I haven't been able to bring myself to watch those versions yet. I did watch the 3+ hour documentary on the movie though, which includes clips of the narration (I was not a fan).

I still need to start Deus Ex HR as well. I preordered it from GMG but I am trying to finish up some other games first. Everything I"m hearing has been good though.

I am one of those people. *Grin* (Note the Deckard avatar)

I loved that Jensen's apartment shades are straight out of Deckard's apartment in Bladerunner.

And yes - this is a true Deus Ex game, and is freaking awesome.

Here's hoping this stays the course in future games (unlike DA).

-Jn-
Ifriti Sophist

24. Re: Deus Ex: Human Revolution Aug 28, 2011, 16:19 Beamer

Yeah, it is a little strange that they'll react if you miss and the dart flies past their head, but not if it hits them in the body. HOWEVER, it does allow you to do awesome things, like tranq one guy in the body and then time it so you hit his buddy in the head and they both go down at the same time.

Yup, but it makes stealth much, much easier than the first game.
As a whole it is, anyway. As much as I dislike ammo for take-downs (is there a way to make it auto-recharge more than one cell?) it's pretty simple to follow a guy. They have zero peripheral vision, and sometimes they turn right when I get to them and I just swing behind them. This is on the hardest difficulty.

Still, I think I enjoy this more than the original. I didn't play the original until it was 3 or 4 years old, still loved it. I think I'm liking this one more.

Dopefish!

-------------
Music for the discerning:
http://www.deathwishinc.com
http://www.hydrahead.com
http://www.painkillerrecords.com

23. Re: Deus Ex: Human Revolution Aug 28, 2011, 16:15 nin

It's still there, I checked right now. I've noticed it sometimes has trouble connecting to the internets (it'll say something like "go to the website or check your connection for updates").

That's what I had this last time. Must of been a fluke.

Yeaaaa, surprise is back on!

And yeah, I had problems with the first boss since I put almost all my points into hacking, so far. Had to put 3 into armor to live long enough. The fact that my inventory was too full for the rocket launcher didn't help.

I will say they also seemed to make earning the points almost perfect. At any given time, there's at least 2-3 things that interest me that I could put a given point towards, and each decision isn't easy. I tend to bank 2-3 points for emergencies.

22. Re: Deus Ex: Human Revolution Aug 28, 2011, 16:00 jacobvandy

nin wrote on Aug 28, 2011, 15:31:

Just noticed they pulled the news ticker, after it being there yesterday...

Now I'm wondering it it got delayed.

It's still there, I checked right now. I've noticed it sometimes has trouble connecting to the internets (it'll say something like "go to the website or check your connection for updates").

Beamer wrote on Aug 28, 2011, 15:39:
Best game I've played in ages, though I do find it odd no one notices when you hit them with a tranq dart.

I'm in the second major location now. It feels open-ended and feels right.

21. Re: Deus Ex: Human Revolution Aug 28, 2011, 16:00 Burrito of Peace

Did anyone else have the problem in Shanghai were the black market guy wouldn't even talk to you?

No dialog at all. The UI would light up to hit E, I'd do so, his head would twitch to the left for a second and that's that.

20. Re: Deus Ex: Human Revolution Aug 28, 2011, 15:53 jacobvandy

Tumbler wrote on Aug 28, 2011, 15:25:
I hear the boss fights tend to force you into just gunplay battles and nothing else matters. I hope they fix that so that you can use stealth tactics against them as well. Would be nice if the Monday thing is a patch to address issues like this.

Straightforward gunplay is perhaps the most obvious way, the easiest way, but it's not the only way. (Highlight spoilers:)

If you stun the first boss, you can sneak around him and he'll keep attacking the last place he saw you. Then you can toss explosive barrels at him with impunity. Cloaking helps a lot if you don't have a bunch of concussion or EMP grenades.

The second boss can KILL HERSELF if you lure her to environmental hazards that she triggers with her explosive attack. You need to be very careful if you don't have the electricity immunity, though.

I haven't tried it yet, but people say you can defeat the third boss with repeated takedown attempts, which he is vulnerable to when he's vaulting over the glass partitions. Being sneaky helps to catch him offguard, though I imagine stuns would help, too. Also, some have carried a hacked turret up the elevator and used that to kill him.

I think the main reason people complain about the bosses is that they're trickier for a stealth-oriented character, which most people are playing as. Then the guy from RPS is upset that he can't be nonlethal with the bosses... Well, guess what, they're tougher than the average nameless guard, and it's a core part of the storyline that Jensen hates them with a passion and wants them dead!

19. Re: Deus Ex: Human Revolution Aug 28, 2011, 15:39 Beamer

Best game I've played in ages, though I do find it odd no one notices when you hit them with a tranq dart.

I'm in the second major location now. It feels open-ended and feels right.

-------------
Music for the discerning:
http://www.deathwishinc.com
http://www.hydrahead.com
http://www.painkillerrecords.com

18. Re: Deus Ex: Human Revolution Aug 28, 2011, 15:35 Frijoles

Maybe they're going to release the Tong side-mission to everyone. That'd be nice.  

17. Re: Deus Ex: Human Revolution Aug 28, 2011, 15:31 nin

Just noticed they pulled the news ticker, after it being there yesterday...

Now I'm wondering it it got delayed.

16. Re: Deus Ex: Human Revolution Aug 28, 2011, 15:30 Ecthelion

Krovven wrote on Aug 28, 2011, 15:02:
nin wrote on Aug 28, 2011, 14:56:
I actually watched Blade Runner again last night.

Been thinking of doing the same. BluRay special edition...but which version of the movie to watch?

I have that set too, and I still have yet to see anything besides the Director's Cut and Final Cut. I keep running across people that actually prefer the narration from the other versions, but I haven't been able to bring myself to watch those versions yet. I did watch the 3+ hour documentary on the movie though, which includes clips of the narration (I was not a fan).

I still need to start Deus Ex HR as well. I preordered it from GMG but I am trying to finish up some other games first. Everything I"m hearing has been good though.

15. Re: Deus Ex: Human Revolution "Special Message" Tomorrow Aug 28, 2011, 15:25 Tumbler

I love this game. Rented it on Redbox to try it and I can't wait to get a copy now.

The moment that did it for me was an early side mission. At one point you had to go talk to 2 guys and it looked like I needed to talk my way through some problems. I hadn't tried killing anyone yet with the melee take downs so I figured these two were a good place to start. Walked up behind the first, Bam, Dead, 2nd guy starts freaking out and drawing his gun, Grab, Dead. I'm a bad ass. Mission Complete. Moving on!

I'm loving the stealth gameplay elements. I hack everything. Exploring the world is so much fun. And it's hardish to find things. You can't just look at the map and see a store that sells weapons and augs and such. You have to go look around. I must have spent 10 min walking around that 2nd area (trying not to use spoilers) trying to fine a limb clinic. There were signs posted all over but everything seemed blocked off. Felt like being lost in a big city. I gave up and worked on some missions and ended up at the limb clinic later.

I hear the boss fights tend to force you into just gunplay battles and nothing else matters. I hope they fix that so that you can use stealth tactics against them as well. Would be nice if the Monday thing is a patch to address issues like this.

99gamers.com-Game trading site, PC digital trading!
Kickstarter "Game Developer"!

14. Re: Deus Ex: Human Revolution Aug 28, 2011, 15:11 nin

Now they institute the Illuminati plan to ruin the game by offering DLC that requires you to not have made it past the first area in the game.

Seeing as I got the game for $29, I have no problem, provided it's good content.

I'd specifically like to buy the soundtrack, and steam seems to be adding those lately (they added the soundtrack for Bastian the other day). And of course, the Tong mission.

173 Replies. 9 pages. Viewing page 8.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo