Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Greenbelt, MD 08/22

Regularly scheduled events

Evening Mobilization

View
8 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

8. Re: Evening Mobilization Aug 30, 2011, 23:50 Nucas

PropheT wrote on Aug 26, 2011, 22:41:
Nothing they said was wrong, though I think the price point where it's at is high enough to make the rest of it not really matter. If they can bring the price down to really be a direct competitor to Apple's laptops, it's pretty impressive.
i think the point they were trying to make that console games look almost as good as pc games because of the hardware was retarded and approached backwards because they were trying to draw a specific conclusion. they're identical in appearance because they're designed for the console first and the pc second, after the code is in place and optimized for weaker hardware. that's the current MO. when that's not done, you get crysis.
another big weakness is DX9 still being the platform du jour because so many gamers still run XP, and i'm guilty of that too. the pc space is getting too fragmented. i agree with the sentiment that pc gaming literally is dying. it saddens me. i'd own a console myself if i could use a mouse and keyboard, contollers are bullshit.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

7. Re: Evening Mobilization Aug 28, 2011, 04:36 bigspender

TheDrifter73 wrote on Aug 27, 2011, 01:55:
I would think that the reason Xbox games running on 6 year old hardware looked so close to PC games was because most PC games that are also on the Xbox are just direct ports of the Xbox game, meaning they'd look the same anyway.
As for standardizing hardware for better performance, that just makes me think "hey, let's turn PC's into consoles!"
And while I'm not an expert, wouldn't ditching Windows (in any form) and coming up with a game centric OS that allowed for more direct access of the hardware be an option about as good as or even better than standardizing hardware until you have the equivalent of a console?

you mean like a backwards OS? kind of like the xbox360 or ps3 OS? that could work. You boot into a game, but can still "alt tab" into your browser and messaging apps.

Adults are just children that are allowed to make their own decisions.

6. Re: Evening Mobilization Aug 27, 2011, 11:38 Creston

Yeah, the future of PCs is 3000 dollar laptops. Rolleyes

For fuck's sake, Kotaku...

Creston

5. Re: Evening Mobilization Aug 27, 2011, 04:33 ZeroCougar

I'll never understand Kotaku, they sometimes come across as PC is cool, but they always push higher end stuff like its a standard. Maybe that's fine to feed to unknowing masses, but it just makes me upset. You can get by so easily with stuff that costs half as much as long as you know what parts you need to accomplish the job. Frustrating.  

- That's a very nice everything you have there... ssssssssSSSSSSSSSSS -

4. Re: Evening Mobilization Aug 27, 2011, 01:55 .Drifter

I would think that the reason Xbox games running on 6 year old hardware looked so close to PC games was because most PC games that are also on the Xbox are just direct ports of the Xbox game, meaning they'd look the same anyway.
As for standardizing hardware for better performance, that just makes me think "hey, let's turn PC's into consoles!"
And while I'm not an expert, wouldn't ditching Windows (in any form) and coming up with a game centric OS that allowed for more direct access of the hardware be an option about as good as or even better than standardizing hardware until you have the equivalent of a console?

3. removed Aug 26, 2011, 23:07 sidof

* REMOVED *
This comment was deleted on Aug 26, 2011, 23:29.

2. Re: Evening Mobilization Aug 26, 2011, 22:41 PropheT

Nothing they said was wrong, though I think the price point where it's at is high enough to make the rest of it not really matter. If they can bring the price down to really be a direct competitor to Apple's laptops, it's pretty impressive.  

1. Re: Evening Mobilization Aug 26, 2011, 21:38 space captain

hey kotaku, might want to come up for air every once and a while.. you could choke on all that razer cock and balls if you dont watch out  
Go forth, and kill!

8 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo