Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Star Wars: The Old Republic "The Eternity Vault" Trailer

The Star Wars: The Old Republic Website offers a new trailer from BioWare's upcoming Star Wars MMORPG introducing The Eternity Vault, a high-level multi-party operation in Star Wars: The Old Republic that was shown off to attendees of Gamescom. The trailer is introduced by Dallas Dickenson, who explains that this operation will be presented to players when they reach level 50, regardless of which side they are playing for, and that the scene in the trailer shows the first pert of the experience from the Imperial perspective. Here's the caption from the clip: "A prison discovered buried in the ice on Belsavis is thought to house an ancient and deadly evil that could threaten the galaxy. To counter this threat, General Thredoldt dispatches Imperial forces to investigate the prison and confront the dangers within. Watch as a group of players work their way towards the prison gates in the opening section of the Eternity Vault, one of the high-level Operations in Star Wars™: The Old Republic™."

View
12 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

12. Swtor Aug 28, 2011, 13:44 Akando

Looking forward to this. Should be fun.  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

11. Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic Aug 27, 2011, 11:39 Creston

Drezden wrote on Aug 26, 2011, 17:03:
You can say whatever you want.

All I can tell you is after beta testing it for a week and trying each character out, the class based Storylines add a lot to the game. It's like buying 8 Bioware RPG's in one.

It's a lot of fun. Hate all you want.

Are they similar to single player Kotor missions? Can you solo them?

Should you even be talking about this?

Creston

10. Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic Aug 27, 2011, 06:15 vrok

I loved vanilla WoW and I'm a sucker for sci-fi stuff, but honestly, this looks like a joke. Animations are horrible and come on, how can you not include blaster reflection like the Jedi Knight games... Seeing Sith suck up blaster fire like it's nothing is retarded.

This comment was edited on Aug 27, 2011, 06:21.

9. Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic Aug 27, 2011, 02:55 Jackplug

MMorgh's zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz, looked boring as hell..  

8. Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic Aug 26, 2011, 20:31 Trevellian

Jivaro wrote on Aug 26, 2011, 18:49:
Yeah, its funny....I keep seeing posts in various plces by people that claim to be in the beta...and they all say that they dig the game. Then I look at videos like this one and I myself am not impressed.

Either they are choosing only the most die-hard fanboys for the beta, or the people who make these videos need to be fired. It is bad enough that the resolution sucks so you can't get a good feel for the actual graphic presentation, but the voice overs and actual sequences chosen to be shown are so incredibly snore worthy that I am tempted to believe that a librarian from the Victorian age is overseeing the marketing department.

I am convinced i won't be able to overcome my own Star Wars fanboy disorder and I will buy and play this game, but for the love of all these insanely geeky and sci-fi.....can we get some quality demonstrations from Bioware before release is upon us? I would like just one HD video of a high level raid with nobody voicing it over. just pure gameplay and game audio. One. Have it switch from player role to player role at times that actually make sense. Please.

Is that too much to ask for?

Granted I am a Star Wars fanboy. But looking at the beta from a pure MMO players perspective. The group story instances, and Class Storylines make the game far more fun than I had with WoW. Especially when it comes to replaying the game as a different class since each one has it's own unique storyline. And the fully voiced questgivers add a lot to the emmersion. But thats just my opinion.

For the Republic
-C22 Waterson of Planetside 2

7. Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic Aug 26, 2011, 19:36 Drayth

Well I enjoyed WoW to begin with, and I'm not saying it's just like WoW in every respect.. but if that's not your kind of gig, then yeah.. this game might not be your thing.

If you enjoyed WoW or other similar MMO's *at all* you should definitely give it a look.
(Sorry I can't say more)

I still have an eye on Guild Wars 2 as well, but since that doesn't have a monthly sub it's no sweat having both. They're each going to offer great things in their own ways, imo.

6. Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic "The Eternity Vault" Trailer Aug 26, 2011, 18:49 Jivaro

Yeah, its funny....I keep seeing posts in various plces by people that claim to be in the beta...and they all say that they dig the game. Then I look at videos like this one and I myself am not impressed.

Either they are choosing only the most die-hard fanboys for the beta, or the people who make these videos need to be fired. It is bad enough that the resolution sucks so you can't get a good feel for the actual graphic presentation, but the voice overs and actual sequences chosen to be shown are so incredibly snore worthy that I am tempted to believe that a librarian from the Victorian age is overseeing the marketing department.

I am convinced i won't be able to overcome my own Star Wars fanboy disorder and I will buy and play this game, but for the love of all these insanely geeky and sci-fi.....can we get some quality demonstrations from Bioware before release is upon us? I would like just one HD video of a high level raid with nobody voicing it over. just pure gameplay and game audio. One. Have it switch from player role to player role at times that actually make sense. Please.

Is that too much to ask for?

5. Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic Aug 26, 2011, 18:31 Frijoles

They really need to lift the NDA. I'm not going to preorder until that happens so I can read some honest reviews.  

4. Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic Aug 26, 2011, 17:09 Drayth

Been in the beta for a little while now. Love it.  

3. Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic Aug 26, 2011, 17:05 nin

Have a coworker who got in the other day. Said it was a 30 gig download. So far, he's impressed.

http://www.nin.com/pub/tension/

2. Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic "The Eternity Vault" Trailer Aug 26, 2011, 17:03 Trevellian

You can say whatever you want.

All I can tell you is after beta testing it for a week and trying each character out, the class based Storylines add a lot to the game. It's like buying 8 Bioware RPG's in one.

It's a lot of fun. Hate all you want.

For the Republic
-C22 Waterson of Planetside 2

1. Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic "The Eternity Vault" Trailer Aug 26, 2011, 16:47 Shagwood

From our new story based MM zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz......  

12 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo