Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Torchlight 2 Classier, Not Pricier

Runic Games announces the final class for Torchlight 2 as "the magic-wielding Embermage. The mysterious Embermage joins the previously announced Engineer, Outlander, and Berserker classes. This marks the culmination of a month long buildup introducing each class to players." They also reveal the action/RPG sequel will occupy the same accessible price point as its forebear, which is $19.99 USD. "Itís always been our goal to provide exceptional value for the price," says Max Schaefer, CEO of Runic Games. "Everyone who wants to play Torchlight II will be able to comfortably afford to do so, and theyíll be able to play with their friend online or via a LAN, or play single player offline, all with no further purchases."

View
35 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

35. Re: Torchlight 2 Final Class and Price Revealed Aug 28, 2011, 11:44 ColoradoHoudini

I too will be buying.
Had a lot of good fun with the first one, lots of hours of enjoyment there.
I never did mess with the mods, I hope there will be good support for mods in #2.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

34. Re: Torchlight 2 Final Class and Price Revealed Aug 27, 2011, 13:50 everyone

Krovven wrote on Aug 26, 2011, 12:57:
Steamworks?
God, I hope not.

33. Re: Torchlight 2 Classier, Not Pricier Aug 27, 2011, 06:31 Dev

They need to do everything in their power to come out before diablo 3 to get the maximum sales potential.

Timing it to come out a month or two before D3 would be best, then they'd get a fair number of D3 people who are desperate for a fix right when the blizzard d3 hype is hitting the most fevered pitch.

32. Re: Torchlight 2 Classier, Not Pricier Aug 27, 2011, 05:35 shihonage

I really hope they get the Diablo 2 gameplay right. Size, too. Really rooting for this one.  

31. Re: Torchlight 2 Final Class and Price Revealed Aug 26, 2011, 22:48 Ventura

Count me in. No brainer, like everyone else is saying, and LAN multiplayer is the icing on the cake.

Likely pick one up for the wife too, so there's another $40 all up that Blizzard ain't getting.

30. Re: Torchlight 2 Final Class and Price Revealed Aug 26, 2011, 21:15 KezClone

Awesome!  

29. Re: Torchlight 2 Final Class and Price Revealed Aug 26, 2011, 17:54 WyldKat

Only $20? Good grief. Shut up and take my money!  

28. Re: Torchlight 2 Final Class and Price Revealed Aug 26, 2011, 17:51 Mr. Tact

DangerDog wrote on Aug 26, 2011, 15:17:
Still haven't finished the first one, but I'm a sucker for a good deal.
Is there an "end"? If so, I guess I didn't get that far. Time to pull it out again..

Truth is brutal. Prepare for pain.

27. Re: Torchlight 2 Final Class and Price Revealed Aug 26, 2011, 17:20 Shagwood

LAN?!? WOW! Man I thought that addition to a game was dead. Guess they found the last guy in the world that can prog that stuff. GG guys. /sold  

26. Re: Torchlight 2 Final Class and Price Revealed Aug 26, 2011, 16:42 Mr. Tact

Ding, ding, ding. We have a winner!  
Truth is brutal. Prepare for pain.

25. Re: Torchlight 2 Final Class and Price Revealed Aug 26, 2011, 16:40 Optional nickname

I'm still buying it to play it through, once, just like TL1. This game was designed to have zero replayability factor, totally unlike Titan Quest and Diablo 2. Let's hope TL2 has an element of surprise. However, we do get what we pay for, so to speak.

I also find if eerily amusing how TL2 is looking very much to be like Deathspank. Hmmmmmmm....

24. Re: Torchlight 2 Final Class and Price Revealed Aug 26, 2011, 16:20 captawe

A reasonable price point is a MUCH better deterrent from piracy than DRM ever was. The goodwill aspect alone will pick up sales from people who might have pirated a AAA greedy publisher game.  

23. Re: Torchlight 2 Final Class and Price Revealed Aug 26, 2011, 16:02 Esoteric

Cram wrote on Aug 26, 2011, 15:17:
Game is a day one pickup for me, and I am certainly surprised they didn't put a $29.99 price-tag on this one, they could have gotten away with it easily. The game is substantially bigger than the first one.

Question for people:

Will you still be singing Runic's praises when Torchlight 3, the subscription based (or possibly F2P micro-transaction) MMO, comes out?

Over the years here at Bluesnews, I've seen people praise a company one day and then do complete 180's when that company takes one of their franchises down the MMO route. Words like "greed" and "sell-out" take over those threads.

Well, it's a bit different for Runic, as they have said FROM THE VERY BEGINNING that they were planning on making an action MMO. Plus I don't think the gameplay would deviate that much from Torchlight now (at least not toward the grindy traditional MMO sense). Also, their track record thus far gives them more leeway before people start getting their pitchforks.

22. Re: Torchlight 2 Final Class and Price Revealed Aug 26, 2011, 15:17 Cram

Game is a day one pickup for me, and I am certainly surprised they didn't put a $29.99 price-tag on this one, they could have gotten away with it easily. The game is substantially bigger than the first one.

Question for people:

Will you still be singing Runic's praises when Torchlight 3, the subscription based (or possibly F2P micro-transaction) MMO, comes out?

Over the years here at Bluesnews, I've seen people praise a company one day and then do complete 180's when that company takes one of their franchises down the MMO route. Words like "greed" and "sell-out" take over those threads.

21. Re: Torchlight 2 Final Class and Price Revealed Aug 26, 2011, 15:17 DangerDog

Still haven't finished the first one, but I'm a sucker for a good deal.

20. Re: Torchlight 2 Final Class and Price Revealed Aug 26, 2011, 14:50 LurkerLito

All I can say is where is the preorder link?

I liked Torchlight so this was always on my radar. At $20 with no need for a constant online connection in single player mode, there is not even a bit of hesitation on buying it on release.

19. Re: Torchlight 2 Final Class and Price Revealed Aug 26, 2011, 14:13 Fion

It's companies like this that make the massive publishers look bad. They are making a fully featured game with the standards of the big AAA guys, adding in things players have asked for since the original, including multiplayer and increased mod capabilities and asking only $20 for the title. They know that at that price, they are likely to sell significantly more copies than if they sold it for $60. People are more apt to buy it quickly and buy several copies so they can play the game with friends.

The big corps should realize by selling games at $60 a pop (often for a 4 hour experience anymore) offering little post-launch support to their games and milking the customer base with crappy DLC that consists of content made during the games development (I.E. stuff they pulled out so they could sell to you later) and harsh DRM, they are only hurting themselves.

On a more personal nnote, with all the news about Diablo 3 and Activision/Blizzards clear greed, me and my friends are all going to get together and lan this sucker and have a blast doing it. Something we did with Diablo 2 and had a blast at. D3 is still on my list, but it's now pretty low on said list.

This comment was edited on Aug 26, 2011, 14:20.

18. Re: Torchlight 2 Final Class and Price Revealed Aug 26, 2011, 14:00 Acleacius

Excellent news, looking forward to this game.  
The people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders.That is easy.All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger.It works the same way in any country.

17. Just received my Diablo III BETA invite! Aug 26, 2011, 13:41 Rhialto

oops, wrong thread/news!

More seriously, I'll sure take a look. Wasn't really impressed with the 1st. It was fun for the first few hours then I get bored. MP should fix this with all other improvement.

16. Re: Torchlight 2 Final Class and Price Revealed Aug 26, 2011, 13:06 NicklePop

Day 1 purchase for me and friends.  

35 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo