Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Assassin's Creed Revelations Ultimate Bundle

GameStop now offers an Assassin's Creed Revelations Ultimate Bundle for $89.99 (thanks Computer and Video Games), which includes several bonuses to go along with Ubisoft's stealth/action sequel (though probably no OnLive vouchers). Here's word on what this offers:

Bonus Items

• A Bonus Singleplayer Gameplay Mission
  • An Exclusive Multiplayer Character
  • 3 Weapon Capacity Upgrades
  • An Animated Short Film

Pre-order Assassins Creed Revelations with GameStop and receive a a free upgrade to the Signature Edition!

Signature Edition Contents

• A Bonus Singleplayer Gameplay Mission
  • An Exclusive Multiplayer Character
  • 3 Weapon Capacity Upgrades
  • An Animated Short Film
  • The "Assassin's Creed Revelations" Original Game Score Soundtrack

View
10 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

10. Re: Assassin's Creed Revelations Ultimate Bundle Aug 26, 2011, 10:41 Alamar

Tanto Edge wrote on Aug 26, 2011, 04:41:
Ninety dollars? Who are they kidding? I will not pay a hundred fucking dollars (after taxes) for ANY game.

I remember the last time I paid over $100 for a game... It was just the other day, about 20 years ago... Games sure have gone up in price lately... : )

Phantasy Star III for Genesis btw... Interestingly, it was one of the few games with replayability back then, as it had 4 or so different endings.

-Alamar

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

9. Re: Assassin's Creed Revelations Ultimate Bundle Aug 26, 2011, 10:36 Alamar

I have no interest in AC, but it's GameStop, so I'm gonna run out and buy it in a few minutes...

Wait... I think I may have that backwards...

-Alamar

This comment was edited on Aug 26, 2011, 10:41.

8. Re: Assassin's Creed Revelations Ultimate Bundle Aug 26, 2011, 10:01 Prez

I love the AC series but damn - A multiplayer skin, a single-player mission, and a video that will be on YouTube 20 minutes after the game ships are what constitutes an "Ultimate Signature Bundle Edition" (or whatever nonsense they are calling it this week) that they can charge double for?

Even for Gamestop and Ubisoft, that's pretty slimy.

This comment was edited on Aug 26, 2011, 10:08.

“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.”
- Mahatma Gandhi

7. Re: Assassin's Creed Revelations Ultimate Bundle Aug 26, 2011, 09:03 necrosis

I'm just surprised the PC version is even getting a CE release.  

6. Re: Assassin's Creed Revelations Ultimate Bundle Aug 26, 2011, 04:41 Tanto Edge

Wtf is wrong with developers.
Square keeps Tongs story for special edition preorders.
Ubi keeps whatever the bonus mission is, for special edition preorders.

Get fucked.
Ninety dollars? Who are they kidding? I will not pay a hundred fucking dollars (after taxes) for ANY game. I recently bought Brotherhood, after waiting months just to pick it up used. Even still, I actually got it new, for thirty five bucks.

I finished DX:HR and it's awesome, but frankly, with that missing Tong story, I do feel like I got fucked over all the same.

I fucking hate the direction this industry has taken.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=705LEH3j2g0&t=0m24s
http://www.youtube.com/user/tantoedge

5. Re: Assassin's Creed Revelations Ultimate Bundle Aug 26, 2011, 03:14 jdreyer

Digital special games are stupid. It makes me not want to buy the game at all. Not only do I not want to pay the extra cash to get extra stuff, but I don't want to buy the regular copy b/c I feel like I'm missing out. Just make the best game you can and sell that, don't cut it up.

Special editions were cool when they included Raynor's dog tags, or a full cloth map of Britannia (i.e. non-game content), but extra digital stuff that will end up free for DL in a month or in a Gold edition just aren't worth it.

"It's just a bunch of mystic bovine scatology to me." - 1badmf

4. Re: Assassin's Creed Revelations Ultimate Bundle Aug 25, 2011, 22:58 Creston

Tumbler wrote on Aug 25, 2011, 21:10:
Has gamestop been briefed on the contents? What are they going to be removing in stores?

Probably nothing except the game disc. They'll turn that into a "used" copy straight away.

Creston

3. Re: Assassin's Creed Revelations Ultimate Bundle Aug 25, 2011, 22:12 Dades

I like how publishers aren't even trying to hide how far in advance they start cutting up games to do the DLC dance now.  

2. Re: Assassin's Creed Revelations Ultimate Bundle Aug 25, 2011, 21:10 Tumbler

Has gamestop been briefed on the contents? What are they going to be removing in stores?  
99gamers.com-Game trading site, PC digital trading!
Kickstarter "Game Developer"!

1. Re: Assassin's Creed Revelations Ultimate Bundle Aug 25, 2011, 20:58 Cutter

What a terrible bundle.

"The South will boogie again!" - Disco Stu

10 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo