Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

On Battlefield 3 Weapon Customization

Battleblog #8 on the Battlefield Blog is titled "Build your weapon of choice," as it outlines weapon customization in Battlefield 3, DICE's upcoming military shooter sequel. Word is: "Basically, each main weapon in the game has three accessory slots, where you can attach weapon accessories you have unlocked. Weapon accessory unlocks are received on a per weapon basis, meaning that the more time you spend with a particular weapon, the more options you will have to customize that weapon to fit different your combat role and play style." They offer screenshots and details on some of these weapon upgrades.

View
20 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

20. Re: On Battlefield 3 Weapon Customization Aug 26, 2011, 16:59 wrigleyvillain

mag wrote on Aug 26, 2011, 01:56:

Oh, fucking Punkbuster. I bought a copy of BF2 this year, and I haven't been able to play a game yet for longer than 30 seconds.

Dude. Google for "PBsetup.exe". Download and launch. Add BF2. Hit Update. Enjoy playing for as long as you'd like.

No offense, but an XBox might be more up your alley.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

19. Re: On Battlefield 3 Weapon Customization Aug 26, 2011, 11:53 Elessar

TurdFergasun wrote on Aug 26, 2011, 10:14:
so you realize it's a shitty deal, and if the issues are fully realized, supporting the bs will detrimental to the entire scene, but ya you're still hyped for it. you sir, are the problem. there's no trinket so dull that you wouldn't sell your soul just for a drooling glimpse.
Could you be any more absurd in your generalization? Your profile of me is completely inaccurate, which isn't a surprise since you've derived it from a very small post.

Some of it sounds shitty, but I'm not as intolerant and whiny as you are. So, depending on the situation, I try not to get caught up in how mad I am at a dev/publisher that I'd forgo what could be a good gaming experience.

"You don't get what you deserve, you get what you get."

18. Re: On Battlefield 3 Weapon Customization Aug 26, 2011, 10:37 Verno

Maybe he just likes to game and doesn't care about the business side of it? Geez, lay off.  

Playing: Divinity Original Sin, Infamous Second Son, Madden
Watching: Spartan, Possible Worlds, The Changeling

17. Re: On Battlefield 3 Weapon Customization Aug 26, 2011, 10:14 TurdFergasun

so you realize it's a shitty deal, and if the issues are fully realized, supporting the bs will detrimental to the entire scene, but ya you're still hyped for it. you sir, are the problem. there's no trinket so dull that you wouldn't sell your soul just for a drooling glimpse.  

16. Re: On Battlefield 3 Weapon Customization Aug 26, 2011, 09:50 Elessar

Verno wrote on Aug 26, 2011, 08:41:
MoreLuckThanSkill wrote on Aug 26, 2011, 00:30:
But seriously, the Origin system of games being removed from your account has changed this from being a day one purchase for me, to maybe 10-5 dollar bargain bin range. As it is, I am annoyed at having to time my previous, formerly non Origin EA games, to prevent them from suddenly ceasing to be usable(not counting cracks of course).

Nothing over the top over the complaints about BF3. Every successive announcement continually erodes my interest in the game. I'm basically reading about it at this point to see what other bad PR EA can dream up for it. I don't know how you have such a seemingly good game but surround by shit that the community hates. I saw a forum regular yesterday compare it negatively to MW3, bang up job EA marketing.

My friends have lost interest and are talking about getting MW3. Some of them had been talking about upgrading their PCs for BF3 but I don't hear that anymore. It's really a bummer, I was hoping this would be the game that everyone liked so that playing shit with people wouldn't be like doing musical chairs to the merengue.

EA is a really frustrating company. They can't just be happy with having a potential blockbuster on their hands, nope gotta fight Steam, cut off any mod potential, do this greedy hosted server shit and so on. Like Microsoft they want to monetize every aspect of the game and all of that shit really hurts what made BF1942 and BF2 such popular games in the first place.
I hear you and agree with pretty much all of your issues, but at the end of the day, I'm still pretty psyched to get into the game and play. It is mind boggling how they're seemingly sabotaging themselves though.

15. Re: On Battlefield 3 Weapon Customization Aug 26, 2011, 09:45 Elessar

Sepharo wrote on Aug 26, 2011, 02:23:
Oh, fucking Punkbuster. I bought a copy of BF2 this year, and I haven't been able to play a game yet for longer than 30 seconds.

That happens to me in Q3 occasionally. Just means you need to do the update manually by downloading from PB's website.
That and some older games consider the Steam Overlay to be some sort of hack so it boots you off the server. Happened all the time to me in COD4.

14. Re: On Battlefield 3 Weapon Customization Aug 26, 2011, 08:44 pagb

Nuhauser wrote on Aug 26, 2011, 03:10:
That happens to me in Q3 occasionally. Just means you need to do the update manually by downloading from PB's website.
I wish it were that easy. I've been playing BF2 for the last week and it took me about 3 days to finally figure out that with Win7 64 you had to manually install PB using the "as administrator" option. The version included with BF2 (2005, so not too surprising) would not load, updating PB did not work, and it was only after searching through a bunch of punkbustra.exe errors that I was able to figure out you had to download pbsvc.exe, not pbsetup.exe. The forums at PB themselves were no help at all. After all this is done, I STILL see people using artillery hacks etcetera ad nauseum. So it doesn't work AND it's a pain in the ass to use.

Well, at least you can play... I'll have to order a sound card to be able to play at all. Shitbuster doesn't like the onboard chip from my 2 comps. And the assholes at PB just answer: "Update your drivers" F*** YOU!

13. Re: On Battlefield 3 Weapon Customization Aug 26, 2011, 08:41 Verno

But seriously, the Origin system of games being removed from your account has changed this from being a day one purchase for me, to maybe 10-5 dollar bargain bin range. As it is, I am annoyed at having to time my previous, formerly non Origin EA games, to prevent them from suddenly ceasing to be usable(not counting cracks of course).

Nothing over the top over the complaints about BF3. Every successive announcement continually erodes my interest in the game. I'm basically reading about it at this point to see what other bad PR EA can dream up for it. I don't know how you have such a seemingly good game but surround by shit that the community hates. I saw a forum regular yesterday compare it negatively to MW3, bang up job EA marketing.

My friends have lost interest and are talking about getting MW3. Some of them had been talking about upgrading their PCs for BF3 but I don't hear that anymore. It's really a bummer, I was hoping this would be the game that everyone liked so that playing shit with people wouldn't be like doing musical chairs to the merengue.

EA is a really frustrating company. They can't just be happy with having a potential blockbuster on their hands, nope gotta fight Steam, cut off any mod potential, do this greedy hosted server shit and so on. Like Microsoft they want to monetize every aspect of the game and all of that shit really hurts what made BF1942 and BF2 such popular games in the first place.

Playing: Divinity Original Sin, Infamous Second Son, Madden
Watching: Spartan, Possible Worlds, The Changeling

12. Re: On Battlefield 3 Weapon Customization Aug 26, 2011, 06:20 Dev

entr0py wrote on Aug 26, 2011, 02:33:
Linksil wrote on Aug 26, 2011, 02:07:
How does the whole Origin timing out games work? Is your copy locked into Origin like steam with a SN? So if I times out in two years can I just reuse the same serial?

Though their lawyers reserve the legal right to close accounts after 2 years of inactivity, I wouldn't think there's much chance they'd actually do it. Why would they want to screw themselves out of customers like that? My untouched EA downloader booster packs for BF2 and BF2142 were still in my games list on Origin, and there's no way I used them in at least 4 years.

No, did you read what the origin EULA said? It didn't say "may" close after two years (like steam EULA says "may" close if they want to). It said
WILL close.
I could understand if they said "may", after all steam has something about they "may" remove for any reason (the one I've seen them do is hacking), even though steam doesn't have inactivity clause.
But "WILL" close? That doesn't leave them a choice about it, thats not reserving legal rights because lawyers told them to. Thats flat out screw the customer, we ARE DELETING your stuff after 2 years. They are bound by that EULA that they MUST delete your stuff after 2 years.

And your stuff is still on from EA downloader because the 2 year thing didn't start until origin EULA.

11. Re: On Battlefield 3 Weapon Customization Aug 26, 2011, 06:17 Dev

xXBatmanXx wrote on Aug 25, 2011, 21:17:
Dev wrote on Aug 25, 2011, 21:08:
Kinda like BF:BC2?

umm....huh?:

You can';t do shit in BFBC2.

Maybe more like Brink.
You can unlock things like scopes, thats what I'm thinking of.

10. Re: On Battlefield 3 Weapon Customization Aug 26, 2011, 03:10 Nuhauser

I wish it were that easy. I've been playing BF2 for the last week and it took me about 3 days to finally figure out that with Win7 64 you had to manually install PB using the "as administrator" option. The version included with BF2 (2005, so not too surprising) would not load, updating PB did not work, and it was only after searching through a bunch of punkbustra.exe errors that I was able to figure out you had to download pbsvc.exe, not pbsetup.exe. The forums at PB themselves were no help at all. After all this is done, I STILL see people using artillery hacks etcetera ad nauseum. So it doesn't work AND it's a pain in the ass to use.

9. Re: On Battlefield 3 Weapon Customization Aug 26, 2011, 02:33 entr0py

Linksil wrote on Aug 26, 2011, 02:07:
How does the whole Origin timing out games work? Is your copy locked into Origin like steam with a SN? So if I times out in two years can I just reuse the same serial?

Though their lawyers reserve the legal right to close accounts after 2 years of inactivity, I wouldn't think there's much chance they'd actually do it. Why would they want to screw themselves out of customers like that? My untouched EA downloader booster packs for BF2 and BF2142 were still in my games list on Origin, and there's no way I used them in at least 4 years.

8. Re: On Battlefield 3 Weapon Customization Aug 26, 2011, 02:23 Sepharo

7. Re: On Battlefield 3 Weapon Customization Aug 26, 2011, 02:07 Linksil

Munching On: Warframe, Final Fantasy 6, Tales of Xallia, Saints Row 4.

6. Re: On Battlefield 3 Weapon Customization Aug 26, 2011, 01:56 mag

Sepharo wrote on Aug 26, 2011, 00:39:
Ruffiana wrote on Aug 25, 2011, 21:34:
That's it? I half expected this type of announcement to come along with something wildley unpopular. Like, each weapon comes eith 3 accessory slots, but can only be fitted with accessories you buy using Origin Points which can only be purchased via PayPal.

Where's my daily dose of BF3 drama?

Challenge accepted.

Ugh, this game requires Origin!?! The same Origin that REMOVES my game after 2 years(of inactivity) !?!

No Steam version!?!

Direct X 10/11 Only!?! I am not upgrading my OS for a game!

60 Dollars, for a PC Game!?!? That is highway robbery!

Even more unlocks, in a supposedly balanced FPS!? They keep making the same mistake!

/end over the top rant.

But you forgot:

Punkbuster
No in-game server browser
No server binaries
No mods
No maps
Mismatched player limits between game modes

5. Re: On Battlefield 3 Weapon Customization Aug 26, 2011, 00:39 Sepharo

That's it? I half expected this type of announcement to come along with something wildley unpopular. Like, each weapon comes eith 3 accessory slots, but can only be fitted with accessories you buy using Origin Points which can only be purchased via PayPal.

Challenge accepted.

Ugh, this game requires Origin!?! The same Origin that REMOVES my game after 2 years(of inactivity) !?!

No Steam version!?!

Even more unlocks, in a supposedly balanced FPS!? They keep making the same mistake!

/end over the top rant.

But you forgot:

Punkbuster
No in-game server browser
No server binaries
No mods
No maps
Mismatched player limits between game modes

4. Re: On Battlefield 3 Weapon Customization Aug 26, 2011, 00:30 MoreLuckThanSkill

Challenge accepted.

No Steam version!?!

/end over the top rant.

3. Re: On Battlefield 3 Weapon Customization Aug 25, 2011, 21:34 Ruffiana

2. Re: On Battlefield 3 Weapon Customization Aug 25, 2011, 21:17 xXBatmanXx

Dev wrote on Aug 25, 2011, 21:08:

umm....huh?:

You can';t do shit in BFBC2.

Maybe more like Brink.

In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem. / Few men have virtue enough to withstand the highest bidder.
Playing: New dad

1. Re: On Battlefield 3 Weapon Customization Aug 25, 2011, 21:08 Dev

20 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo