Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Into the Black

View
15 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

15. Re: Into the Black Aug 26, 2011, 13:06 Ant

WyldKat wrote on Aug 26, 2011, 04:07:
New Star Trek series? Yes please.

I would LOVE if they did a Titan series and bring Frakes back to play Riker, this time as a Captain. He might have to lose some weight but he's not too old to play a Captain.
What's wrong with fat captains?

Ant @ The Ant Farm: http://antfarm.ma.cx and Ant's Quality Foraged Links: http://aqfl.net ...
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

14. Re: Into the Black Aug 26, 2011, 07:51 nin

Hoop wrote on Aug 26, 2011, 02:40:
I hated the original Deus Ex when it first came out.
Is that what your playing?......oooooooooooo.

The new one, yes.

http://store.nin.com/index.php?cPath=10

13. Re: Into the Black Aug 26, 2011, 06:20 Sphinx

The new series needs some Garak.  
-Sphinx

12. Re: Into the Black Aug 26, 2011, 06:17 shihonage

Frakes would be awesome!  

11. Re: Into the Black Aug 26, 2011, 04:07 WyldKat

New Star Trek series? Yes please.

I would LOVE if they did a Titan series and bring Frakes back to play Riker, this time as a Captain. He might have to lose some weight but he's not too old to play a Captain.

10. Re: Into the Black Aug 26, 2011, 02:40 Hoop

I hated the original Deus Ex when it first came out.
Is that what your playing?......oooooooooooo.

Um .. Behind you...

9. Re: Into the Black Aug 26, 2011, 02:06 Creston

nin wrote on Aug 25, 2011, 23:33:

(As expected) The game continues to be awesome.

Yah. Just looted the entire police station without killing a cop.

Spoiler question about a quest: Anyone know how to get into the DRB territory without them noticing, though? I can't get in through the sewers; there's a smashable wall in a building, but if you smash through that you immediately kill the guy behind it (ruining my no-kills playthrough), plus they immediately detect you anyway; I can't get to the door in the alley without them noticing me...

I can't find any other way in there?

Creston

8. Re: Into the Black Aug 26, 2011, 00:51 meezookeewee

space captain wrote on Aug 25, 2011, 23:19:

in general i dont think people are smart enough to write a good time travel or parallel dimension story - its almost always super contrived and absurdly myopic... there are exceptions but they are rare imo

While I certainly disagree with you about Abrams' film, you are right about one thing, that people can't really write good stories about time travel without them being clichéd. Especially when it comes to people coming from the future. It's a paradox. But then again, I personally tend to ignore such contrivances, and enjoy the film at hand. As for a new Star Trek series? I'm taking a wait and see approach. Last real good Trek series was Deep Space Nine, at least until the final season.

7. Re: Into the Black Aug 25, 2011, 23:33 nin

It definitely seems to help with load times. Guess I'm lucky with the mouse issues, as I've not had those, but I see more than a few people mention it on the steam boards.

(As expected) The game continues to be awesome.

6. Re: Into the Black Aug 25, 2011, 23:19 space captain

jj abrams can fuck right off, he made one movie, big fucking deal

when it comes to star trek you cant just erase like decades of lore via the numerous tv series just to indulge his retarded obsession with parallel universes ala lost ala fringe

his ST movie basically boils down to a shitty deus ex machina resolution.. and especially for time travel stories that is fucking weak as shit

in general i dont think people are smart enough to write a good time travel or parallel dimension story - its almost always super contrived and absurdly myopic... there are exceptions but they are rare imo

Go forth, and kill!

5. Re: Into the Black Aug 25, 2011, 23:04 jimnms

Creston wrote on Aug 25, 2011, 22:53:
New patch for Deus Ex has made a huge difference in load times.

Savegame loads still take about 20-25 seconds, but new areas now load in 10-15 seconds rather than 40-50 as before.

Mouse feels a tad tighter too.

Creston

Don't know what that has to do with Star Trek, but it improved my load times from 30-45 seconds down to 10-15. Before the patch, level transitions were 10-15 second load times, but loading up a save took 30-45 seconds. I could hit quick save, then hit quick load and it would take 30-45 seconds, but transitioning to a new level I had not been to before only took 10-15 seconds.

The mouse still lags like shit with vsync enabled.

MeanJim on Steam

4. Re: Into the Black Aug 25, 2011, 22:53 Creston

New patch for Deus Ex has made a huge difference in load times.

Savegame loads still take about 20-25 seconds, but new areas now load in 10-15 seconds rather than 40-50 as before.

Mouse feels a tad tighter too.

Creston

3. Re: Into the Black Aug 25, 2011, 22:49 nin

Edit: One thing this really has going for it is that Brannon Braga and Rick Berman do not appear to have their names attached to it.

Exactly.

2. Re: Into the Black Aug 25, 2011, 21:07 Creston

YESSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Though I'm a little skeptical how they're going to keep the two canons going simultaneously. Didn't they go through the whole effort of doing the 'Altered Timeline' scenario of the Reboot movie (rather than just say "we're doing a reboot", specifically so they could be rid of the stuff that came before, and start fresh? Didn't they specifically cast young actors so they could count on them for the 7 years for a tv series?

I'm also a bit wary that this will just turn into more "Oh, look! Borg!"

That said, I'm excited as FUCK about a new Star Trek tv series.

Creston

1. Re: Into the Black Aug 25, 2011, 21:06 Cram

We will see, but somehow I doubt it'll happen. I appreciate the concept is pre 2009 startrek canon.

Edit: One thing this really has going for it is that Brannon Braga and Rick Berman do not appear to have their names attached to it.

15 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo