Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Fallout: New Vegas Lonesome Road DLC Next Month, Two More DLC to Follow

The Bethesda Blog has a September 20th release date for Lonesome Road, the delayed DLC for Fallout: New Vegas, Obsidian's action/RPG sequel, while also revealing plans for two additional DLC packs called Courier's Stash and Gun Runners' Arsenal to follow a week later, offering content previously only available as a preorder bonus. They offer some screenshots from Gun Runnersí Arsenal and the following explanation of all this:

The Courierís journey ends this September.

Weíre excited to share that Lonesome Road, the fourth add-on pack for Fallout: New Vegas, will be available for download on Xbox LIVE, PlayStation Network and Steam on September 20th.

In Lonesome Road you are contacted by the original Courier Six, a man by the name of Ulysses who refused to deliver the Platinum Chip at the start of Fallout: New Vegas. Ulysses promises the answer as to why he didnít take the job, but only if you make one last journey into the hurricane-swept canyons of the Divide, a landscape torn apart by earthquakes and violent storms. Itís up to you whether you take the job or not.

But wait! Thereís more!!

Today weíre also announcing two additional DLC packs, Courierís Stash and Gun Runnersí Arsenal, which will be available for download one week later on September 27th.

Courierís Stash (Xbox LIVE for 160 Microsoft points, PlayStation Network and Steam for $1.99) gives players immediate access to four content bundles previously available only through pre-ordering Fallout: New Vegas. The Caravan Pack, Classic Pack, Mercenary Pack and Tribal Pack each offer unique weapons, apparel and aid advantages that will help you throughout your journey.

Gun Runnersí Arsenal (Xbox LIVE for 320 Microsoft points, PlayStation Network and Steam for $3.99) increases the range of unique weapons, weapon mods, ammo types and recipes waiting to be uncovered in the vast Mojave Wasteland.

View
18 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

18. Re: Fallout: New Vegas Lonesome Road DLC Next Month, Two More DLC to Follow Aug 25, 2011, 21:12 Dev

xXBatmanXx wrote on Aug 25, 2011, 21:10:
nin wrote on Aug 25, 2011, 14:07:
headkase wrote on Aug 25, 2011, 14:00:
So this is it right? After this no more official DLC? 4 Major ones compared to Fallout 3's 5 isn't bad..

I'm hoping they announce the GOTY, everything in one bundle soon...just in time for the holidays.

But when it goes on sale so cheap, and when you can get each DLC for 2.00, it is actually a better deal to piece mail it.....
Depends on the price, recently when fallout 3 GOTY went on sale, it was cheaper to get that one than buy vanilla FO3 and then all the DLC on sale. Sometimes its better one way, sometimes the other. It also depends on what you've bought previously.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

17. Re: Fallout: New Vegas Lonesome Road DLC Next Month, Two More DLC to Follow Aug 25, 2011, 21:11 xXBatmanXx

jimnms wrote on Aug 25, 2011, 19:43:
I never even activated my pre-order pack. I was supposed to get the Caravan Pack, but the card that was in the box was for the Mercenary Pack. It seems like the pre-order items were all last minute BS thrown in because none of them were modable like their non-unique counterparts and other things like the Caravan Shotgun not being effected by the Shotgun Surgeon perk. That was all quickly and easily fixed on the PC, but console players got shafted because AFIK they never got fixed.

I could have sworn they released all of the pack codes?
I got them somewhere and loaded them all. Didn't really matter anyway.....find better stuff pretty quickly.

In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem. / Few men have virtue enough to withstand the highest bidder.
Playing: New dad

16. Re: Fallout: New Vegas Lonesome Road DLC Next Month, Two More DLC to Follow Aug 25, 2011, 21:10 xXBatmanXx

nin wrote on Aug 25, 2011, 14:07:
So this is it right? After this no more official DLC? 4 Major ones compared to Fallout 3's 5 isn't bad..

I'm hoping they announce the GOTY, everything in one bundle soon...just in time for the holidays.

But when it goes on sale so cheap, and when you can get each DLC for 2.00, it is actually a better deal to piece mail it.....

In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem. / Few men have virtue enough to withstand the highest bidder.
Playing: New dad

15. Re: Fallout: New Vegas Lonesome Road DLC Next Month, Two More DLC to Follow Aug 25, 2011, 19:43 jimnms

I never even activated my pre-order pack. I was supposed to get the Caravan Pack, but the card that was in the box was for the Mercenary Pack. It seems like the pre-order items were all last minute BS thrown in because none of them were modable like their non-unique counterparts and other things like the Caravan Shotgun not being effected by the Shotgun Surgeon perk. That was all quickly and easily fixed on the PC, but console players got shafted because AFIK they never got fixed.  

MeanJim on Steam

14. Re: Fallout: New Vegas Lonesome Road DLC Next Month, Two More DLC to Follow Aug 25, 2011, 19:18 Dev

As long as they go on a decent steam sale I'll pick them all up. I'm finally caught up buying fallout new vegas DLC when that recent sale put OWB on sale.

Even though I "acquired" all the pre-order bonuses in addition to the pre-order bonus I personally got with my pre-order, I'll pay them again to have them all on steam with auto install.

13. Re: Fallout: New Vegas Lonesome Road DLC Next Month, Two More DLC to Follow Aug 25, 2011, 18:54 Cutter

I'm rather enjoying OWB so I'll grab this soon as Steam has it on sale.

"The South will boogie again!" - Disco Stu

12. Re: Fallout: New Vegas Lonesome Road DLC Next Month, Two More DLC to Follow Aug 25, 2011, 18:48 ^Drag0n^

Silicon Avatar wrote on Aug 25, 2011, 11:35:
Lonesome Road sounds pretty cool.

Is it bad that I'm sort of already wanting to see screens of the next Fallout game on the Skyrim engine? I mean, it hasn't even been announced.

Nah. I'm waiting for the same thing.

"Never start a fight, but always finish it."

11. Re: Fallout: New Vegas Lonesome Road DLC Next Month, Two More DLC to Follow Aug 25, 2011, 16:50 Creston

Techie714 © wrote on Aug 25, 2011, 11:58:
Creston wrote on Aug 25, 2011, 11:37:
So basically, Courier's Stash and Gun Runner's Arsenal are their attempt at getting you to pay for what you can get for free in FOOK.

Creston

Please explain? I've used FOOK for awhile but now that I've re-rolled I removed all my MODs & just use "Project Nevada"

Most of the pre-order loot was made available (in a sort of haxxored version) as a mod a few days after launch.

As for the other one, it's just new weapons and such. There's already tons of mods that add those, most notably FOOK. I guess on the flipside it's only a couple of bucks per mod.

I hope they won't conflict with some of the bigger alteration mods...

Creston

10. Re: Fallout: New Vegas Lonesome Road DLC Next Month, Two More DLC to Follow Aug 25, 2011, 16:18 StingingVelvet

Sounds great... New Vegas and its DLC has really shown Bethesda how to do it if you ask me. Even the gun pack is a real value with over 20 new guns and new ammo types, all of it balanced.  

9. Re: Fallout: New Vegas Lonesome Road DLC Next Month, Two More DLC to Follow Aug 25, 2011, 16:12 Rattlehead

I was hoping for more than just 4, I really would like a DLC akin to Broken Steel.

Dead Money fucking sucks. Definitely some of the worst DLC for Fallout yet

8. Re: Fallout: New Vegas Lonesome Road DLC Next Month, Two More DLC to Follow Aug 25, 2011, 15:59 WyldKat

Was hoping Lonesome Road would introduce a drivable Chrysalis.  

7. Re: Fallout: New Vegas Lonesome Road DLC Next Month, Two More DLC to Follow Aug 25, 2011, 15:04 The Half Elf

But if you play all the DLC so far it leads up to Lonesome Road (which I actually enjoyed learning about Courier Six through them).  

"I've never seen a feature like this before. It warms your ass. It's wonderful" -Walter Bishop

6. Re: Fallout: New Vegas Lonesome Road DLC Next Month, Two More DLC to Follow Aug 25, 2011, 14:07 nin

http://store.nin.com/index.php?cPath=10

5. Re: Fallout: New Vegas Lonesome Road DLC Next Month, Two More DLC to Follow Aug 25, 2011, 14:00 headkase

4. Re: Fallout: New Vegas Lonesome Road DLC Next Month, Two More DLC to Follow Aug 25, 2011, 11:59 Techie714 ©

Those crazy gun runners with there secret blueprints for high quality weapons...."How did you get behind that glass"...  

Steam (ID)
http://steamcommunity.com/id/techie714/
DEAD SH0T
Keep your privacy!
http://prism-break.org/

3. Re: Fallout: New Vegas Lonesome Road DLC Next Month, Two More DLC to Follow Aug 25, 2011, 11:58 Techie714 ©

Creston wrote on Aug 25, 2011, 11:37:
So basically, Courier's Stash and Gun Runner's Arsenal are their attempt at getting you to pay for what you can get for free in FOOK.

Creston

Please explain? I've used FOOK for awhile but now that I've re-rolled I removed all my MODs & just use "Project Nevada"

Steam (ID)
http://steamcommunity.com/id/techie714/
DEAD SH0T
Keep your privacy!
http://prism-break.org/

2. Re: Fallout: New Vegas Lonesome Road DLC Next Month, Two More DLC to Follow Aug 25, 2011, 11:37 Creston

Creston

1. Re: Fallout: New Vegas Lonesome Road DLC Next Month, Two More DLC to Follow Aug 25, 2011, 11:35 Silicon Avatar

Lonesome Road sounds pretty cool.

Is it bad that I'm sort of already wanting to see screens of the next Fallout game on the Skyrim engine? I mean, it hasn't even been announced.

18 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo