Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Call of Duty Eyewear

GUNNAR Optiks announces plans for "Gaming Eyewear" for Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3, Activision's upcoming military shooter sequel, saying they will bring "new form, function and style to GUNNAR’s existing line of Advanced Gaming Eyewear." These are referred to as a "Limited Edition," though the $99.00 price tag may be enough to ensure that those interested in these will be able to find a pair. Preorders will begin soon, and word is: "The product will be sold exclusively in North America at Best Buy retail locations with a demo experience in select US locations. The Eyewear will also be sold in select European retailers. Preorders will begin in late August, available through BestBuy.com in North America and select European countries." Here's the feature list:

• Amber Tint - Specially formulated lens tint conditions and shifts the color spectrum to provide superior contrast, detail and resolution
  • Minimizes Eye Fatigue - Lens geometry and tint reduces visual stress and dry eyes
  • Reduces Glare - Lens coatings and material reduces glare and improves visual focus
  • Improves Focus - Amber lens tint and geometry help your eyes focus more naturally improving comfort and protecting against fatigue
  • Sharpens Detail - i-AMP® lens technology enhances detail for sharper, clearer vision
  • Fit - Lightweight frame, extended coverage, adjustable nose pads, and custom spring hinges
  • 20/20 Ready - Out of the box solution for 20/20 or 20/20 corrected vision
  • Rx Compatible - Custom Prescription are available through GUNNAR’s prescription program with Carl Zeiss Vision across approximately 15,000 eye care providers nationwide.

View
14 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

14. Re: Call of Duty Eyewear Aug 25, 2011, 20:06 MajorD

Silly promotion......

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

13. Re: Call of Duty Eyewear Aug 25, 2011, 19:59 MajorD

Clown

12. Re: Call of Duty Eyewear Aug 24, 2011, 18:49 xXBatmanXx

If I saw someone I know wearing these playing games?.......words cannot describe the situation.....  

In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem. / Few men have virtue enough to withstand the highest bidder.
Playing: New dad

11. Re: Call of Duty Eyewear Aug 24, 2011, 18:40 Ventura

Its not as though when you look through the glasses it makes the game look like BF3!!!

If it did, I don't think they'd be able to make enough of them to satisfy demand.

10. Re: Call of Duty Eyewear Aug 24, 2011, 17:18 TurdFergasun

..... the fuck?  

9. Re: Call of Duty Eyewear Aug 24, 2011, 16:29 jdreyer

killer_roach wrote on Aug 24, 2011, 10:58:
It's nothing new, and such a system works pretty well, I just don't understand the specific game branding.

How do you know they work? Are there studies? What's the principle involved? I'm pretty skeptical about such a product, but am interested in reading studies if available: "Only 10% of users degraded their eyesight using Gunnar Eyewear, whereas 30% of the control group degraded their eyesight, based on a year long longitudinal study involving 500 users playing 1000 hours of computer video games."

"It's just a bunch of mystic bovine scatology to me." - 1badmf

8. Re: Call of Duty Eyewear Aug 24, 2011, 14:25 Beamer

Cutter wrote on Aug 24, 2011, 12:57:
Lulz! I love how the first 5 points basically just repeat themselves and reiterate the point in front of it. Anyone who buys a pair of these things definitely falls under the old adage about fools and money soon parted.

In fairness, tint, geometry, coatings and materials are all drastically different and very important features in sunglasses, ones most people totally ignore.

Which doesn't mean I think computer glasses are a good idea. Anti-fatigue glasses can be a good idea if you use the computer a lot, but those are rare in the US and only for prescription, not plano.

As for people shocked at a marketing tie-in, how? Why? If these were HL3 glasses you wouldn't have this reaction. Stupid product, stupid game, all probable. But that doesn't mean a tie-in is stupid.

-------------
Music for the discerning:
http://www.deathwishinc.com
http://www.hydrahead.com
http://www.painkillerrecords.com

7. Re: Call of Duty Eyewear Aug 24, 2011, 14:12 Trevellian

People really buy this shit?  

For the Republic
-C22 Waterson of Planetside 2/Kyrios in ArcheAge

6. Re: Call of Duty Eyewear Aug 24, 2011, 13:08 Jackplug

Its not as though when you look through the glasses it makes the game look like BF3!!!  

5. Re: Call of Duty Eyewear Aug 24, 2011, 12:57 Cutter

Lulz! I love how the first 5 points basically just repeat themselves and reiterate the point in front of it. Anyone who buys a pair of these things definitely falls under the old adage about fools and money soon parted.

"The South will boogie again!" - Disco Stu

4. Re: Call of Duty Eyewear Aug 24, 2011, 11:49 Highlander

What a load of crap in marketing. Wonder how many sheep will fall for this shit. "Ohh, I'll see better? Oh wait, my aim still sucks though..damn" - and oooh it has venting. LOL give me a break.

Anything to steal money from people's/sheep's pockets..

3. Re: Call of Duty Eyewear Aug 24, 2011, 10:58 killer_roach

ldonyo wrote on Aug 24, 2011, 10:51:
Really? Someone thinks there is a market for this crap?

It's nothing new, and such a system works pretty well, I just don't understand the specific game branding.

Considered getting a pair of them myself considering the amount of computer work I do, but, knowing my particular lens prescription, I know the price of said glasses would be ghastly (likely $600-700).

2. Re: Call of Duty Eyewear Aug 24, 2011, 10:51 ldonyo

Really? Someone thinks there is a market for this crap?  

1. Re: Call of Duty Eyewear Aug 24, 2011, 10:44 space captain

Go forth, and kill!

14 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo