Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Ships Ahoy - Deus Ex: Human Revolution - Retail Includes OnLive

Square Enix announces that Deus Ex: Human Revolution is now available in North American stores, offering Eidos Montreal's new installment in this action/RPG series for Windows. The game is also available digitally on Direct2Drive and Steam/Green Man Gaming as well as through the OnLive streaming service, and the announcement also notes that: "Purchasers of the PC retail packaged version of DEUS EX: HUMAN REVOLUTION will be entitled to a free OnLive digital copy of the game giving them unprecedented freedom at an exceptional value. Owners of the game will be able to play not only on their home gaming PC, but also on nearly any PC or Mac® computer—as well as TVs with the OnLive Game System and, in the future, on iPad® and Android tablets—by simply signing in to the OnLive Game Service." We also have a new launch trailer celebrating the game's release.

View
79 Replies. 4 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 ] Older >

79. Re: Ships Ahoy - Deus Ex: Human Revolution - Retail Includes OnLive Aug 24, 2011, 19:09 nin

so I can atleast play it like the other hal of the world before mine comes out next week.

When does yours unlock??? I thought Friday (the day after tomorrow) was the last of them.

http://www.nin.com/pub/tension/
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

78. Re: Ships Ahoy - Deus Ex: Human Revolution - Retail Includes OnLive Aug 24, 2011, 18:35 Eldaron Imotholin

Living in this day and age, long past the time where borders should've made sense, I simply cannot fathom why there's such big-ass variations between release-dates of one game in different countries/continents.

I've freaking pre-ordered this and still I'm stalking torrent sites and newsgroups hoping for pirating it so I can atleast play it like the other hal of the world before mine comes out next week.

Ok, its "only a week" but it still sucks ass and doesnt make sense. And Bluesnews is not iPhone friendly. There. I said it. /rant

Playing: Skyrim, World of Warcraft.
Future: Dead Space 3.

77. Re: Ships Ahoy - Deus Ex: Human Revolution - Retail Includes OnLive Aug 24, 2011, 15:33 Krovven

http://www.bluesnews.com/cgi-bin/board.pl?action=viewthread&boardid=1&threadid=124849  

76. Re: Ships Ahoy - Deus Ex: Human Revolution - Retail Includes OnLive Aug 24, 2011, 13:55 Linksil

Was just reading on gamespy about how Gamestop ripped open all the PC version of the game, and took out the onlive promo codes. Then they tape the box and sale it as brand new.

I wonder if I can argue it down to 1/2 price since only 1/2 the content is in the box now.

Munching On: Warframe, Final Fantasy 6, Tales of Xallia, Saints Row 4.

75. Re: Ships Ahoy - Deus Ex: Human Revolution - Retail Includes OnLive Aug 24, 2011, 12:33 Verno

I agree, I've never been impressed with SSAO. It usually has a significant performance impact and only seems to give a very subtle visual improvement.  

Playing: Fire Emblem, Diablo 3, Bravely Default
Watching: The Machine, After the Dark, Devils Due

74. Re: Ships Ahoy - Deus Ex: Human Revolution - Retail Includes OnLive Aug 24, 2011, 11:47 avianflu

honestly I am not enamored with SSOA effects in any game. It tends to be implemented too heavy-handedly. I keep it disabled, along with bloom, which I like to call "Vaseline wiped over the lens effect."  

73. Re: Ships Ahoy - Deus Ex: Human Revolution Aug 24, 2011, 10:45 Creston

Jerykk wrote on Aug 24, 2011, 01:34:
Then again, that was on medium level, I don't know what it does on Deus Ex level.

You die in 2-3 hits on Deus Ex difficulty.

You die in 3-4 on medium, it seems. But is there regenerating health on Deus Ex diff? I guess there'd almost have to be, since there's no real way to heal yourself?

I'm tempted to play on Deus Ex, but then when I beat it I'll have no higher diff to go to.

Creston

72. Re: Ships Ahoy - Deus Ex: Human Revolution Aug 24, 2011, 10:05 Dmitri_M

kanniballl wrote on Aug 24, 2011, 09:01:
The weird thing is, the machine gun you start out with. I don't know, holding onto that thing... the whole model of it just reminded me of an old-school game compared to some of the shooters I've played lately. I'm not saying that's bad or good, just different.

That sounds like a positive

71. Re: Ships Ahoy - Deus Ex: Human Revolution Aug 24, 2011, 09:01 kanniballl

Honestly, I pre-ordered and pre-loaded it already but didn't remember until around 8PM last night (Tuesday) that it was released.

I only played a little, just past the opening credits into your first assigned mission. I enjoyed it. I figured out the X vs Y thing pretty quick... but I didn't try the SSAO thing.

The weird thing is, the machine gun you start out with. I don't know, holding onto that thing... the whole model of it just reminded me of an old-school game compared to some of the shooters I've played lately. I'm not saying that's bad or good, just different.

"Space. It seems to go on and on forever. But then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you."
-Fry, Futurama

70. Re: Ships Ahoy - Deus Ex: Human Revolution Aug 24, 2011, 07:14 J

Dades wrote on Aug 24, 2011, 07:11:
I'd say they need to fix the load times but it's a good incentive for me not to load quick saves to try every possibility so it all works out.

If it's anything like the leak, the long load time is basically when you first load the game and use load/quickload and major new areas. It seemed offset pretty well to me.

69. Re: Ships Ahoy - Deus Ex: Human Revolution Aug 24, 2011, 07:11 Dades

I'd say they need to fix the load times but it's a good incentive for me not to load quick saves to try every possibility so it all works out.  

68. Re: SSAO and Mouse Lag issue (potential fix) Aug 24, 2011, 06:18 ^Drag0n^

AdamK47 wrote on Aug 24, 2011, 06:10:
^Drag0n^ wrote on Aug 23, 2011, 20:03:
Yeah, it definitely looks like PC SSAO is busted (Eidos Forums with Screenshots)

And, apparently, whatever is broken, is causing a mouse response issue for several people.

Again, I'm going to try this one out when I get home. Thank god I think SSAO looks pretty bad in most games... ;-)

^D^

As one of the developers posted, the SSAO implemented on the PC is different. It's a true implementation of SSAO. The console version uses shadowing. It's not true SSAO on the console.

Well, either way it broke the mouse when it is on, so something is wrong with SSAO.

The whole idea of SSAO is to generate lifelike shadows and radiosity, so I was a little perplexed that they'd say what they did.

^D^

"Never start a fight, but always finish it."

67. Re: SSAO and Mouse Lag issue (potential fix) Aug 24, 2011, 06:10 AdamK47

Yeah, it definitely looks like PC SSAO is busted (Eidos Forums with Screenshots)

And, apparently, whatever is broken, is causing a mouse response issue for several people.

Again, I'm going to try this one out when I get home. Thank god I think SSAO looks pretty bad in most games... ;-)

^D^

As one of the developers posted, the SSAO implemented on the PC is different. It's a true implementation of SSAO. The console version uses shadowing. It's not true SSAO on the console.

66. Re: Ships Ahoy - Deus Ex: Human Revolution Aug 24, 2011, 01:34 Jerykk

Then again, that was on medium level, I don't know what it does on Deus Ex level.

You die in 2-3 hits on Deus Ex difficulty.

65. Re: Ships Ahoy - Deus Ex: Human Revolution Aug 24, 2011, 01:29 Creston

It DOES have regenerating health, and it's not "too slow to be of help in combat."

Also, load times are extremely long. There has to be some kind of bug with that, because a save takes literally 0.1 seconds.

Creston

64. Re: SSAO and Mouse Lag issue (potential fix) Aug 24, 2011, 00:36 Jerykk

Someone else mentioned something I hadn't really noticed until I read it: when you walk diagonally, you walk about 1.414 times faster (sqrt of 2).

It's because you strafe faster than you move forward. I noticed this in the leaked build and hoped they would fix it, but I guess not.

63. Re: Ships Ahoy - Deus Ex: Human Revolution Aug 23, 2011, 23:55 Creston

First impressions after playing for two hours or so:

- Haven't really noticed any mouse issues, but I did turn SSAO off right from the start.

- You can set FOV, and you can set it IN GAME! Find the one you like best. I just set it to 100, but it's nice that you can pick and choose.

- Movement does feel a bit floaty. It's like Adam's moving too fast for what you feel he should be moving, and at the same time you're thinking since he's augmented that he could be moving faster.

- (spoiler, though tons of previews already revealed this particular tidbit: take your sweet time walking around the office, and the hostages in the next mission are already dead before you ever get started. And the SWAT guys sure let you know it.

- Lots of things to learn and fiddle with even in the tutorial and the first office building. I'm trying to track down that drug thief but I'm a little stuck right now.

- Combat feels nice and meaty to me. Good weight and power to the combat rifle, imo.

- Other than one voice in the opening movie, all the voices sound fine to me, as does the voice acting. Not sure why people keep complaining about that. No, it's not Mass Effect 2, but it's still pretty good.

- Faces do indeed look awful. Like they rendered those back in 2007 and never bothered to upgrade. The rest of the game looks nice, imo. Runs smooth as silk too on my already quite old rig. (Q6600, 4 Gigs, Radeon 5850.)

Very pleased with it so far, even if I've never even made it anywhere in the first mission. I keep going back to try to find more stuff to read.

And a spoilerish question for people who've already played it: who REALLY thinks Megan is dead? Come on.

Creston

62. Re: SSAO and Mouse Lag issue (potential fix) Aug 23, 2011, 23:50 ^Drag0n^

^D^

Said it in the other thread, but:

I just verified turning OFF SSAO in the setup app made the mouse lag go away completely.

Good thing it seemed to have little real effect on the visuals.

Someone else mentioned something I hadn't really noticed until I read it: when you walk diagonally, you walk about 1.414 times faster (sqrt of 2).

That is kinda whack.

But the game is still a blast!

^D^

"Never start a fight, but always finish it."

61. Re: Ships Ahoy - Deus Ex: Human Revolution Aug 23, 2011, 22:17 Krovven

So now that Ive been able to check things out a bit, I just want to reiterate a couple things.

Leave SSAO off, for now (until its fixed). For mouse sensitivity, rule of thumb seems to be have Mouse Y double of what you have Mouse X. ie: mine is X = 2 bars, Y = 4 bars. Play with it to find your own sweet spot. Vsync off, Tiple Buffering On. With these settings, this seems to reduce my mouse lag to almost zero.

60. Re: Ships Ahoy - Deus Ex: Human Revolution Aug 23, 2011, 21:27 Alamar

jimnms wrote on Aug 23, 2011, 18:07:
It has health regen. They try to play it off as an augmentation, but I don't buy it. The original DE had a health regen augmentation you could get and install later, but it consumed bio-electric energy to restore health. If this game takes place before the original DE, why does it have a more advanced health augmentation?

If prequels had to make sense, there wouldn't be any : )

Plus, anachronism...

-Alamar

79 Replies. 4 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo