Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Razer Declares PC Gaming Lives

Razer announces their full page in today’s Wall Street Journal (Global Edition) which is "an open letter to Microsoft’s Xbox, Sony’s Playstation and Nintendo’s Wii consoles." In conjunction, they say they will offer a "major announcement on the 26th of August during PAX Prime 2011 at 6pm CEST in Seattle, WA." They have launched pcgamingisnotdead.com to read their open letter to you, and if you prefer, the letter is reproduced below:

We have all heard the rhetoric about the demise of PC Gaming—the stories that console gaming will take over all gaming and that PC gamers will be left with shoddy ports of console titles.

The rumors of our untimely demise have been greatly exaggerated. We are more than 300 million PC gamers worldwide and this legion is growing every day. Today there are more PC gamers than all console gamers combined and we have been silent in the face of the closed gaming systems that have been propagated.

We, the PC Gamers, have been here since the beginning and have seen the industry grow to surpass movies and music, and we look forward to an open world where console and PC gamers will stand side by side as gamers in arms.

We are here today to tell you, that on the 26th of August, we will seek to end the silence and bring a new age of openness and innovation to all gaming. Together we shall remind you - that PC Gaming is NOT dead.

View
36 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 2.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

16. Re: Razer Declares PC Gaming Lives Aug 22, 2011, 23:13 Overon

I hope this isn't just a cynical cooption by Razer's marketing team of what PC gamers want to hear.  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

15. Re: Razer Declares PC Gaming Lives Aug 22, 2011, 23:07 CythrawL

PC Gaming is not dead... But C64 Gaming will revive it.. seeing thats a C64 keyboard underneath that monitor ^_^

Cant believe no-one on here noticed that.....

14. Re: Razer Declares PC Gaming Lives Aug 22, 2011, 23:06 wtf_man

I have a 9-button programmable Razer Lachesis mouse. I've had it for about 4-5 years.

Every once in a while, after I boot my gaming rig... for some reason the mouse isn't "detected" and I have to go to the back to the machine and pull it... then plug it back in. This has gone on with 2 different motherboards and OSes (Xp and 7), and several driver updates. It's definitely the Mouse.

As for it's performance and functionality (when it works)... it's "Meh.. OK"

That said... I'll probably never buy another Razer product again. My next programmable mouse will probably be a Logitech... like my G-11 Keyboard.

/shrug

13. Re: Razer Declares PC Gaming Lives Aug 22, 2011, 22:50 dheer

We already knew this but I don't mind them announcing it. I'm sure they have something new to sell.

Had to replace my old Logitech MX518 a few months ago and picked up a Razer Deathadder. I dig it so far, it's comfortable. I wouldn't buy one of their mmo mice though, cripes those are expensive.

I wonder if he reads them, or if it's just for show.

12. Re: Razer Declares PC Gaming Lives Aug 22, 2011, 22:11 Creston

Bit late to the party, fellas, but welcome anyway.

Creston

11. Re: Razer Declares PC Gaming Lives Aug 22, 2011, 21:46 ColoradoHoudini

How much did Razer already say previously about their new BF3 product line? Ya think this announcement ties into that in any way?

10. Re: Razer Declares PC Gaming Lives Aug 22, 2011, 21:44 Dev

As I've said a number of times... look at EA's financials broken down by platform.

The PC can meet or beat any 1 platform (ps3, xbox, wii). And it beats 3 of them combined, mobile, DS, PSP.

9. Re: Razer Declares PC Gaming Lives Aug 22, 2011, 21:37 [VG]Reagle

That voice actor sucks. Why use a over stuffed aristocrat brit?  

I am MUCH MUCH better now.

8. Re: Razer Declares PC Gaming Lives Aug 22, 2011, 21:36 PropheT

Razer's mice are hands down the best I've used. They aren't priced any higher than anything else that would be comparable, either, so not sure why you guys would say they're overpriced junk. A Diamondback is pretty much perfect and it's less than $50.  

7. Re: Razer Declares PC Gaming Lives Aug 22, 2011, 21:30 Cutter

Yeah, thanks for that Razer, but I'm still not going to use your vastly overpriced crap.

"The South will boogie again!" - Disco Stu

6. Re: Razer Declares PC Gaming Lives Aug 22, 2011, 21:30 Kastagir

PC Gaming has been getting ignored by Microsoft, Bioware and others, but it's hardly dead or dying. As long as PCs exist and companies like Nvidia continue to make cutting edge graphics hardware for PCs, then the platform will remain the most capable. There will always be some developers that realize this. The console platforms are much more susceptible to "dying out." This is wholly unnecessary.  

5. Re: Razer Declares PC Gaming Lives Aug 22, 2011, 21:29 ColoradoHoudini

I rather enjoy my Razer mouse .. stop badmouthing it!
When I was playing Rift hardcore, my Mage had 9 side buttons mapped that I used often.. that was worth it to me.

I wonder what this announcement will be.. hmm.

Watch, they got into building their own gaming rigs...and like everyone else that builds gaming rigs, they will be overpriced

4. Re: Razer Declares PC Gaming Lives Aug 22, 2011, 21:27 born2expire

So I'd assume this is the proper time to announce their new line, Razer 360 peripherals?  

3. Re: Razer Declares PC Gaming Lives Aug 22, 2011, 21:21 Icewind

Must be about that little gaming portable device they showed at E3.

Looked neat, but how powerful is it? If you can run real current PC games on it, sure. If it's just a weak netbook type thing, I'll pass.

2. Re: Razer Declares PC Gaming Lives Aug 22, 2011, 21:08 Devasin

God that makes me feel better. I've been getting tired of reading those articles about how PC gaming is going to die. No it is not, it will live on forever. We the Legion of PC Gaming live forever!  

1. Re: Razer Declares PC Gaming Lives Aug 22, 2011, 20:53 PHJF

Razer peripherals are overpriced junk.  

Steam + PSN: PHJF

36 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 2.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo