Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Only 24 Players in Battlefield 3 Team Deathmatch

BF3Blog has word that Team Deathmatch mode in Battlefield 3 will only support 24-players on all platforms, even Windows, though 64 player games will be supported on the PC in conquest mode. They note that these matches will be smaller infantry-focused battles without vehicles as a probable explanation for this decision. Thanks Joao.

View
42 Replies. 3 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 ] Older >

42. Re: Only 24 Players in Battlefield 3 Team Deathmatch Aug 22, 2011, 02:28 saluk

Yeah, tdm is an addon mode for people who are into that kind of thing - if you are you are probably better off with better games. I think it's perfectly acceptible to have maps and a mode designed for smaller player sets. Sometimes that's what you want! You can still go on conquest for the full on insanity. Sheesh some of you are whiney.

(Not buying till on steam :P)

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

41. removed Aug 21, 2011, 21:32 her

* REMOVED *
This comment was deleted on Aug 21, 2011, 22:52.

40. Re: Only 24 Players in Battlefield 3 Team Deathmatch Aug 21, 2011, 18:13 Marvin T. Martian

Paketep wrote on Aug 20, 2011, 19:36:
Every news item about BF3 is just another nail in its coffin.

Yep, and playing the Alpha buried for me.

39. Re: Only 24 Players in Battlefield 3 Team Deathmatch Aug 21, 2011, 16:43 Rhett

BC2's Squad Deathmatch was fun. I don't think it had straight-up 6v6 or 12v12 DM, though.

Conquest was pretty retarded, as it always boiled down to someone decent getting in a chopper, which was way too hard to shoot down.

Thank goodness there's stinger missiles and more, this time around.

38. Re: Only 24 Players in Battlefield 3 Team Deathmatch Aug 21, 2011, 13:58 DangerDog

xXBatmanXx wrote on Aug 21, 2011, 11:25:
Newegg had BF3 preorder for $48.00 yesterday.

Deals are out there for those who don't want to blow $60.00.

I imagine EA will do something during the PAX show, they did last year.

37. Re: Only 24 Players in Battlefield 3 Team Deathmatch Aug 21, 2011, 13:45 elefunk

Vehicles are fucking stupid in team deathmatch. I can't believe that some people are actually pissed about this. Talk about whining just for the sake of whining.

If the game didn't even have deathmatch in the first place no one would care, but here, they've decided to properly design deathmatch by custom-tailoring maps to be better for the mode. OH THE HORROR.

36. Re: Only 24 Players in Battlefield 3 Team Deathmatch Aug 21, 2011, 11:43 EddieTheHack

I honestly could care less about TDM. I can count on one hand the number of times I have played something other than conquest In BC2 during the 230 or so hours I have spent playing since release. As long as all the conquest maps run at 64 players its all good. If there is a mix of player counts spread across all the maps things are not going to be fun. I wish EA would release solid details about the admin options we can expect with the servers we rent. I know most of the BC2 clan's are planning on renting BF3 servers, mine included, but some concrete details from EA would be nice. Even its just a 'it's pretty much like MOH's program' would work. Pricing information would be great as well. Our host says they will be renting out servers but they will not give pricing info. It would be nice to know if one can afford 10 servers slots or 25 slots. Ah well. Beta starts soon enough!  

35. Re: Only 24 Players in Battlefield 3 Team Deathmatch Aug 21, 2011, 11:25 xXBatmanXx

Newegg had BF3 preorder for $48.00 yesterday.

Deals are out there for those who don't want to blow $60.00.

In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem. / Few men have virtue enough to withstand the highest bidder.
Playing: New dad

34. Re: Only 24 Players in Battlefield 3 Team Deathmatch Aug 21, 2011, 11:10 Sux

Can you imagine the nad spamming on a 32 a side TDM.

There are probably good reasons why it is 12 a side.

They have play testers for that sort of thing.

33. Re: Only 24 Players in Battlefield 3 Team Deathmatch Aug 21, 2011, 09:47 Dev

The web based browser has mandatory plugins... ugh.  

32. Re: Only 24 Players in Battlefield 3 Team Deathmatch Aug 21, 2011, 09:01 Beady

Good. TDM really isnt what BF should be about.  

31. Re: Only 24 Players in Battlefield 3 Team Deathmatch Aug 21, 2011, 01:43 WyldKat

It's a weird decision but I couldn't care less. I'll just be playing Conquest assuming we can make it so we only play a certain game mode.  

30. Re: Only 24 Players in Battlefield 3 Team Deathmatch Aug 21, 2011, 00:51 xXBatmanXx

You're all fine playing conquest and in the next rotation you are kicked because the map doesn't support that many players.

This will effectively force admins to rent a server and stick with a single game mode lest his server either kicks players away on rotation or finds itself quite empty with only a small fraction of players (like changing mode from tdm to conquest).

This was the problem with BFBC2.

In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem. / Few men have virtue enough to withstand the highest bidder.
Playing: New dad

29. Re: Only 24 Players in Battlefield 3 Team Deathmatch Aug 21, 2011, 00:44 Krovven

On the matter of game modes...

I hate that too many multiplayer game modes fragments the community. But, if people don't like a game mode, they don't play. It's a catch-22.

Changing the max players per game mode only serves to fragment the community even further.

So not impressed with EA and the crappy PR for what seems to be a great game. I'll probably end up caving and getting it, but not going to be happy about it.

28. Re: Only 24 Players in Battlefield 3 Team Deathmatch Aug 21, 2011, 00:38 Krovven

So now that we've established that the web browser is an improvement over their in-game server menus...it's pretty sad that they have the talent to make a great engine, but completely fail at making a good working in-game browser. So many other companies don't seem to have a problem with it.

Hell, use Steamworks and you get one for free.

27. Re: Only 24 Players in Battlefield 3 Team Deathmatch Aug 20, 2011, 23:46 entr0py

That's fine with me. Making larger versions of the TDM maps that can accommodate more players would take time and resources. I'd rather they put that effort into the other PC exclusive features.  

26. Re: Only 24 Players in Battlefield 3 Team Deathmatch Aug 20, 2011, 23:04 Teddy

Sepharo wrote on Aug 20, 2011, 22:58:
bhcompy wrote on Aug 20, 2011, 22:37:
Considering how shitty the ingame server browsers have been since the the beginning of the series, it's not a big deal for me

This is my thought on it too. Since their server browsers have ALWAYS been shit on launch hopefully making it a website will allow it to be easier to patch and update.

Very true. Battlelog's browser actually worked better than any of their previous ones.

25. Re: Only 24 Players in Battlefield 3 Team Deathmatch Aug 20, 2011, 22:58 Sepharo

bhcompy wrote on Aug 20, 2011, 22:37:
Considering how shitty the ingame server browsers have been since the the beginning of the series, it's not a big deal for me

This is my thought on it too. Since their server browsers have ALWAYS been shit on launch hopefully making it a website will allow it to be easier to patch and update.

24. Re: Only 24 Players in Battlefield 3 Team Deathmatch Aug 20, 2011, 22:37 bhcompy

ASeven wrote on Aug 20, 2011, 20:27:
Teddy wrote on Aug 20, 2011, 20:21:
LittleMe wrote on Aug 20, 2011, 20:18:
ASeven wrote on Aug 20, 2011, 19:29:
no ingame browser, etc

Whoa is this true??? Wow.

Yes. They redesigned things so that the server browser used is part of the Battlelog website.

They forced a needless change to force us to use their shitty services, you mean. This is devolving the concept of server browsers, not evolving.

23. Re: Only 24 Players in Battlefield 3 Team Deathmatch Aug 20, 2011, 22:04 Bhruic

The big, wide-open maps that are fun for Conquest wouldn't be that good for TDM, so this doesn't seem like an issue.

I just want them to make decent Conquest maps. The major complaint I had with BC2 was that the maps were too small. There were one or two larger maps, but they were so open, the were pretty much "snipe or vehicle" maps (Heavy Metal comes to mind). A large map with plenty of cover will provide for some excellent Conquest playing, which is the primary mode I'll end up playing anyway.

42 Replies. 3 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo