Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Saturday Consolidation

View
15 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

15. Re: Saturday Consolidation Aug 22, 2011, 12:37 Shagwood

Tony!!! wrote on Aug 21, 2011, 15:42:
I really can't believe some of you pink panty wearing girls are getting offended by the "Cake" comment. Clearly it was video game based humor meant to inform that the wait is over. Lighten the hell up!!

Man Tony!!!, good to know that some dudes are giving the short dudes some love. Does he still allow you to call him CliffyB? The Bleszinski part would be tough to pull off in a romantic puppy way...unless you tried a BooBoolenszinski....nah still tough.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

14. Re: Saturday Consolidation Aug 21, 2011, 17:43 Creston

Tony!!! wrote on Aug 21, 2011, 15:42:
I really can't believe some of you pink panty wearing girls are getting offended by the "Cake" comment. Clearly it was video game based humor meant to inform that the wait is over. Lighten the hell up!!

Sorry Tony, did we offend your boyfriend cliffy? Who IS, btw, an absolute toolshed?

Creston

13. Re: Saturday Consolidation Aug 21, 2011, 16:50 Beamer

This was less making fun and more making a reference - note the picture in the tweet is of the cake they used to celebrate going gold.

Remember a few months ago when someone made an amazing Portal turret? One ridiculously well crafted? This one?

Know who bought it? The guy you think is insulting Valve.

-------------
Music for the discerning:
http://www.deathwishinc.com
http://www.hydrahead.com
http://www.painkillerrecords.com

12. Re: Saturday Consolidation Aug 21, 2011, 16:42 Sepharo

Kajetan wrote on Aug 21, 2011, 15:11:
Sepharo wrote on Aug 21, 2011, 13:23:
2010 Alien Swarm
2012 Dota 2
2012 Counter-Strike: Global Offensive
These were or are being developed by Valve? Not only produced (like film producing) and published?

That is correct.

With Alien Swarm the entire team was hired and brought to Valve. DOTA 2 I think it was just the one guy (controversial) was hired and brought to Valve.

CS:GO is being co-developed with Hidden Path Entertainment who has previously done work maintaining and upgrading CS:S. I suspect the newer netcode, the achievements, and new TF2 style scoreboard.

CS has been worked on by various close partners of Valve.

Rogue
Gearbox
Turtle Rock Studios
and now Hidden Path Entertainment

I see this as a continuation of that history, but CS is still a Valve game and I'm sure they have developers working on it alongside.

This comment was edited on Aug 21, 2011, 16:50.

11. Re: Saturday Consolidation Aug 21, 2011, 15:42 Tony!!!

-Tony!!!;)
my 360 user name is Robo Pop

10. Re: Saturday Consolidation Aug 21, 2011, 15:11 Kajetan

Sepharo wrote on Aug 21, 2011, 13:23:
2010 Alien Swarm
2012 Dota 2
These were or are being developed by Valve? Not only produced (like film producing) and published?

9. Re: Saturday Consolidation Aug 21, 2011, 13:23 Sepharo

kanniballl wrote on Aug 21, 2011, 12:48:
For what it's worth... Valve is getting annoying with their release schedule. They're getting slow to release... one of the points of "episodes" is to release content quicker. Yet the last episode was years ago.

Honestly, I can't really blame some for poking fun at Valve for their schedule... even if the guy is from Epic.

I can't believe this argument is still being made. They've admitted the episodic release schedule did not work as they had planned. I will be very surprised if we see a game titled Episode 3 instead of simply HL3 or something else.

Valve is getting annoying with their release schedule? They're still releasing games every year, maybe not the specific game you want but at least one game every year, that's standard or better right there.

Since Episode 2:

2007 Half-Life 2: Episode Two
2007 Portal
2007 Team Fortress 2
2008 Left 4 Dead
2009 Left 4 Dead 2
2010 Alien Swarm
2011 Portal 2
2012 Dota 2

8. Re: Saturday Consolidation Aug 21, 2011, 12:48 kanniballl

For what it's worth... Valve is getting annoying with their release schedule. They're getting slow to release... one of the points of "episodes" is to release content quicker. Yet the last episode was years ago.

Honestly, I can't really blame some for poking fun at Valve for their schedule... even if the guy is from Epic.

"Space. It seems to go on and on forever. But then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you."
-Fry, Futurama

7. Re: Saturday Consolidation Aug 21, 2011, 08:28 Acleacius

Infantile game design from epic has brought us bigger gums, cover system and bigger players too. It's almost has if they are trying to compensate for something small.  
The people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders.That is easy.All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger.It works the same way in any country.

6. Re: Saturday Consolidation Aug 21, 2011, 02:43 Wallshadows

Retarded comment from Epic? Well I never....  

5. removed Aug 20, 2011, 21:29 hyul

* REMOVED *
This comment was deleted on Aug 21, 2011, 00:16.

4. Re: Saturday Consolidation Aug 20, 2011, 19:15 xXBatmanXx

Shagwood wrote on Aug 20, 2011, 15:01:

"At Epic, the cake is not a lie."

The developers are all just giant toolbags.

Creston

No kidding!

He should be careful who he pokes at....considering their games are cut copy paste. The level of quality in the HL games is unmatched. He could only hope to put out a game of the same quality one day.....

Buy from GreenManGaming? Use this, we both get $2.00 - http://www.greenmangaming.com/?gmgr=purutuwi

3. Re: Saturday Consolidation Aug 20, 2011, 15:01 Shagwood

Creston

No kidding!

2. Re: Saturday Consolidation Aug 20, 2011, 14:52 mag

Sony explains why PS3 can't do cross-game chat.

"Developing new free features for the console is at odds with our business model of removing features."

1. Re: Saturday Consolidation Aug 20, 2011, 14:05 Creston

Creston

15 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo