Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Might & Magic Heroes VI Demo

The Might & Magic Heroes VI Website offers a new playable demo for the latest installment in the Might & Magic series of turn-based strategy games. The demo offers three different campaigns, a tutorial, a solo map, and a multiplayer hotseat campaign. The download is mirrored on AtomicGamer, Gamer's Hell and Worthplaying. The outline of what the demo includes follows.

In the demo you can play 3 campaign maps!
• Tutorial campaign: Griffin Bane
Years have passed since the death of Duke Pavel (Reveal Trailer), killed by Demons summoned by the dying wish of the Orc Shaman Toghrul whose tribe had been slaughtered by the Griffin armies. Now a young man, Pavel’s only son Slave accompanies his aunt, Sveltana (Reveal Trailer), in the mountains of the Griffin Duchy to investigate signs of a new Demon threat
In this map, the player will discover and control the first Haven and Orc units as well as learn all the basics of the Heroes game mechanics
• Prologue campaign: The Emperor’s Will
Years have passed - Slava has known war against Elves, found and lost love, eventually marrying a daughter of the Stag Duchy and fathering five promising children. Friendship between Slava and Kraal’s Orc remains strong. When the Emperor issues a decree authorizing Slava’s old enemy, Duke Gerhart of the Wolf, to deport the Orcs and claim their lands, Slava doesn’t hesitate to defy the Emperor’s will to defend his friends.
Here, the player will be able to carry on his adventure with the already level-up Duke Slava character and learn all the new features available in Heroes VI including the Area of Control, the Dynasty Weapons & Traits, the Town Conversion, the Unique Buildings, etc…
• MULTIPLAYER “HOTSEAT” MODE: Broken Alliance
In Broken Alliance, up to 3 Human players are fighting for dominance of the lands, but they have also to face 3 AI players in control of richer territories. It is not only a matter of strategy, but also of speed… You can play different factions: Haven / Sanctuary / Necropolis / Inferno / Stronghold

View
20 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

20. Re: Might & Magic Heroes VI Demo Oct 5, 2011, 19:14 Dirwulf

How did I miss this announcement? Saw the demo on Steam today and I can't stop playing. Now this is what PC demos are about. I'll be buying this game for sure.

And one thing I did notice that people here are going to be pissed about. Some features are locked out if you are not online, like choosing a discipline for your empire.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

19. Re: removed Aug 21, 2011, 18:47 Prez

Any word on the DRM? It'll most likely be the usual stupidity I've come to expect from Ubisoft recently. Such a shame that one of the last big studios still dedicated to the PC is run by morons.

That said, if it's just a disc check I'll definitely become interested immediately. I played and enjoyed every HoMM game released. Even HoMM 4.

“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.”
- Mahatma Gandhi

18. removed Aug 20, 2011, 21:32 hyul

* REMOVED *
This comment was deleted on Aug 21, 2011, 00:15.

17. Re: Might & Magic Heroes VI Demo Aug 20, 2011, 14:23 Cutter

Anyway, great demo. Games looks fantastic! They have changed some stuff though, but at it's heart it's still HOMM.

"The South will boogie again!" - Disco Stu

16. Re: Might & Magic Heroes VI Demo Aug 20, 2011, 13:39 StingingVelvet

wtf_man wrote on Aug 20, 2011, 09:55:
Forget the 4.5 Gigs... it's an Ubisoft game... why would you even bother???

You know damn well the full release will have bullshit DRM.... so not's not even worth the utilization towards your bandwidth cap, to try the demo.

Singleplayer was confirmed as having no DRM at all by the developers. I guess From Dust makes even that suspect though.

15. Re: Might & Magic Heroes VI Demo Aug 20, 2011, 11:40 wtf_man

JohnBirshire wrote on Aug 20, 2011, 11:28:
People throw fits when they don't release demos, then again when they do.

I get what you are saying but I don't quite agree.

Sure... we all want demos available... (for me personally - regardless of download size)... but not when you know the full release will have some utter bullshit attached to it.

So, yes... thank the developers for putting out a demo... but unfortunately their publisher has alienated the PC gamer community to the point that it isn't worth downloading for most folks.

Personally...I'd wait until after release to download the demo... to see what BS DRM the full release will have before I wasted my time and bandwidth... But then again... it's Ubisoft... so even if they had NO DRM on the full release... I'd be hesitant to support them with my cash.

/shrug

14. Re: Might & Magic Heroes VI Demo Aug 20, 2011, 11:28 JohnBirshire

People throw fits when they don't release demos, then again when they do.

Thank you for the demo guys, I appreciate it. Just downloaded it *took an hour*, and if it's good I'll give it a shot at retail.

13. Re: Might & Magic Heroes VI Demo Aug 20, 2011, 11:02 MisterBenn

That's way too big for a demo. It's easier to check it out on YouTube.  

Playing: Path of Exile, Pandora: First Contact

12. Re: Might & Magic Heroes VI Demo Aug 20, 2011, 10:39 Overon

This is ubisoft, don't want.  

11. Re: Might & Magic Heroes VI Demo Aug 20, 2011, 09:55 wtf_man

Forget the 4.5 Gigs... it's an Ubisoft game... why would you even bother???

You know damn well the full release will have bullshit DRM.... so not's not even worth the utilization towards your bandwidth cap, to try the demo.

10. Re: Might & Magic Heroes VI Demo Aug 20, 2011, 08:37 baltar

But they are already getting people used to piracy by using shity drm on their games.  

9. Re: Might & Magic Heroes VI Demo Aug 20, 2011, 05:45 Eldaron Imotholin

Doma wrote on Aug 20, 2011, 04:52:
Its god damn incredible that some companies have not caught up with the best methods for hosting large files.

Protip: slow mirrors like Fileplanet and Worthplaying is not how you do it.

Ever heard of torrents? You know, there are legeal torrents.

And its the best fucking way of getting large files out to multiple users.

Blows my mind that swamped http mirrors are still in use.

Maybe they're reluctant in using torrents and newsgroups for this due to the fear of helping people get used to these things, ergo inviting them to get into piracy.

Playing: Skyrim, World of Warcraft.
Future: Dead Space 3.

8. Re: Might & Magic Heroes VI Demo Aug 20, 2011, 04:52 Doma

Its god damn incredible that some companies have not caught up with the best methods for hosting large files.

Protip: slow mirrors like Fileplanet and Worthplaying is not how you do it.

Ever heard of torrents? You know, there are legeal torrents.

And its the best fucking way of getting large files out to multiple users.

Blows my mind that swamped http mirrors are still in use.

7. Re: Might & Magic Heroes VI Demo Aug 20, 2011, 03:04 StingingVelvet

Pineapple Ferguson wrote on Aug 20, 2011, 01:52:
What because there's too much content and your 28.8 modem can't handle it? Jeez, talk about going out of your way to find something to complain about. Downloading now...

Because people who want to check out the game real quick will be deterred by a download that will take hours, yes. I think it was a dumb move.

6. Re: Might & Magic Heroes VI Demo Aug 20, 2011, 02:47 DarkCntry

Cutter wrote on Aug 20, 2011, 02:30:
Well it does seem pretty damn big for a tutorial and 1 SP and 1 MP map.

It is effectively, if I read correctly, the same as the beta version...but alas, that's only a guess.

5. Re: Might & Magic Heroes VI Demo Aug 20, 2011, 02:30 Cutter

Well it does seem pretty damn big for a tutorial and 1 SP and 1 MP map.  

4. Re: Might & Magic Heroes VI Demo Aug 20, 2011, 01:52 Pineapple Ferguson

StingingVelvet wrote on Aug 20, 2011, 01:50:
Cutter wrote on Aug 20, 2011, 00:27:
Holy shit! 4.5 GB demo?!

Seriously. I went from excited to try it to never mind in about 4 seconds.

What because there's too much content and your 28.8 modem can't handle it? Jeez, talk about going out of your way to find something to complain about. Downloading now...

3. Re: Might & Magic Heroes VI Demo Aug 20, 2011, 01:50 StingingVelvet

Cutter wrote on Aug 20, 2011, 00:27:
Holy shit! 4.5 GB demo?!

Seriously. I went from excited to try it to never mind in about 4 seconds.

2. Re: Might & Magic Heroes VI Demo Aug 20, 2011, 00:33 Tumbler

Yeah...from fileplanet too...haven't used this site in a LONG time. Only another hour and a half...  
99gamers.com-Game trading site, PC digital trading!
Kickstarter "Game Developer"!

1. Re: Might & Magic Heroes VI Demo Aug 20, 2011, 00:27 Cutter

Ahh nice.

Holy shit! 4.5 GB demo?!

20 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo