Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Greenbelt, MD 08/22

Regularly scheduled events

Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines Patch

A new unofficial patch is now available for Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines, continuing the community support for this action/RPG since the demise of Troika, its developer. The new patch is referred to as a beta version 7.7, and as always, it can be found on what's supposed to be its exclusive home at The Patches Scrolls, where they have patch notes describing what it does, which are reproduced below.

+Fixed Hatter staying unapproachable and a very rare crash at Zhao's.
+Made Vandal quest available later and added an XP for alternatives.
+Changed Zhao bonus XP point condition so you need to kill all Tongs.
+Improved warehouse forklift sequence and added observatory railing.
Corrected placing nonexistent theatre camera and minor text details.
Fixed clinic guard not dropping key if killed by seductive feeding.
Restored dialogue history definition and made camera keys definable.
Made Isaac gift money on basic issue and reset endgame haven state.
Added ENB series mod to Extras directory, thanks to Boris Vorontsov.
Modified installer so it can automatically run ResPatch at the end.
Updated Extras weapons to switch depending on view using plus stats.
Fixed sliding chute down and elevator call issues in Venture Tower.
Corrected wrong material settings of Pisha's hair, thanks to PsyCHo.
Added Python 2.7.2 update to Extras directory, thanks ColonelAlias.
Changed installer so it will only update 1.2 vampire.dll for retail.
Made Phil/Bill fix trigger only if Phil is dead, which removes him.

View
12 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

12. removed Aug 20, 2011, 21:32 hyul

* REMOVED *
This comment was deleted on Aug 21, 2011, 00:16.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

11. Re: Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines Patch Aug 20, 2011, 11:09 Beamer

Yeah people pretty much freak out if you're a nossie.

That's about it. Random people run from you if you get in their face. If you stay about 4 or 5 feet from anyone nothing will happen.

So in theory you have to stay in the sewer, in practice you do mostly nothing differently.

-------------
Music for the discerning:
http://www.deathwishinc.com
http://www.hydrahead.com
http://www.painkillerrecords.com

10. Re: Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines Patch Aug 20, 2011, 02:05 Dades

Rattlehead wrote on Aug 19, 2011, 18:43:
It's the closest thing I will get to a true blood game. Yea I like true blood big whoop wanna fight about it?

Hey, True Blood is great. It's terrible TV but that's not important. It's silly chick crap that gets the girlfriend in the mood so what's not to like? Better than spending $150 going out to get the same net result.

9. Re: Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines Patch Aug 20, 2011, 01:22 ItBurn

Yeah, the combat isn't the strong point. It's functional. But if you're using guns, it takes a couple of hours of game before you get some that actually work well (and also you need the skills).

There's many excellent missions all throughout the game.

8. Re: Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines Patch Aug 20, 2011, 01:19 Mashiki Amiketo

Jerykk wrote on Aug 20, 2011, 00:19:
As for playing as Nosferatu, aren't you forced to travel via sewers all the time? That alone makes it a significantly different experience than the other classes.
Yeah people pretty much freak out if you're a nossie. Malkavien is a pretty good option too.

--
"For every human problem,
there is a neat, simple solution;
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

7. Re: Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines Patch Aug 20, 2011, 00:19 Jerykk

The combat was pretty crappy. I had much more fun sneaking around and talking. Thankfully, there are plenty of opportunities for both, especially when you dump a lot of points into the social skills.

As for playing as Nosferatu, aren't you forced to travel via sewers all the time? That alone makes it a significantly different experience than the other classes.

6. Re: Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines Patch Aug 19, 2011, 21:38 RollinThundr

Beamer wrote on Aug 19, 2011, 21:29:
I'm a decent ways in, not sure I'm sold on the game.

For one, the auto-save system is weird. I have no clue what the rhyme and reason of it is. Needless to say you can't rely upon it, but it's been ages since I've had to think hard about saving every 5 minutes or so. I've had to repeat 15 minute bursts of this game a few times.

I play as a Nos, and haven't really seen many places that I feel the game would be different as anyone else. I guess that may come later. Combat, though, feels incredibly awkward. Sneaking, too, as obfuscate is nice and all but I feel like I line myself up behind guys and it still won't let me kill them, ultimately making me wiggle around until I walk into him (seriously, the Nos sneak posture has his hands spread out wide like wings.)

I loved the first half an hour, have been just ok with the next bit. I'm sticking with it, as I've seen hints of some real depth (which I likely wouldn't realize until another playthrough), but the awkwardness of the combat is damaging as, at least thus far, combat has proven very important.

To be honest, every non Valve source game I've ever played feels awkward in ways.

5. Re: Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines Patch Aug 19, 2011, 21:29 Beamer

I'm a decent ways in, not sure I'm sold on the game.

For one, the auto-save system is weird. I have no clue what the rhyme and reason of it is. Needless to say you can't rely upon it, but it's been ages since I've had to think hard about saving every 5 minutes or so. I've had to repeat 15 minute bursts of this game a few times.

I play as a Nos, and haven't really seen many places that I feel the game would be different as anyone else. I guess that may come later. Combat, though, feels incredibly awkward. Sneaking, too, as obfuscate is nice and all but I feel like I line myself up behind guys and it still won't let me kill them, ultimately making me wiggle around until I walk into him (seriously, the Nos sneak posture has his hands spread out wide like wings.)

I loved the first half an hour, have been just ok with the next bit. I'm sticking with it, as I've seen hints of some real depth (which I likely wouldn't realize until another playthrough), but the awkwardness of the combat is damaging as, at least thus far, combat has proven very important.

-------------
Music for the discerning:
http://www.deathwishinc.com
http://www.hydrahead.com
http://www.painkillerrecords.com

4. removed Aug 19, 2011, 20:35 fher

* REMOVED *
This comment was deleted on Aug 19, 2011, 23:15.

3. Re: Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines Patch Aug 19, 2011, 20:03 DukeFNukem

Its amazing that this game is still being patched on a regular basis. Is there any other PC video game in history that has had this many patch updates released? I think not....

I can see this game still being patched 10 years from now if the games future looks anything like its past.

Just because you aren't afraid of something doesn't it mean it can't kill you...

2. Re: Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines Patch Aug 19, 2011, 19:39 Icewind

It's only screwed up because these idiots keep adding stuff that doesn't need to be added.  

1. Re: Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines Patch Aug 19, 2011, 18:43 Rattlehead

You know it's kind of sad how even with all these fan patches the game is still a buggy mess. I really like the game, but the bugs certainly distract from the main game. It's the closest thing I will get to a true blood game. Yea I like true blood big whoop wanna fight about it?  

12 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo