Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

BF3 Themed Co-op

Battleblog #7 has details on the themed co-op campaign DICE is working on for Battlefield 3, their upcoming military shooter sequel. Here's a bit on how this works:

To survive through the co-op missions, you’ll need to stay close to your buddy. If he goes down, lend a helping hand with the new co-op “Man down!” mechanic, that lets you revive him in the heat of battle. While being down, you can still use your secondary weapon to defend yourself, while slowly crawling to a safer spot where your friend can help you without getting shot. If both of you go down, it’s game over.

You fight together. You die together. And you score together. After having cleared a co-op mission with your friend, your total combined score will be displayed via Battlelog, our suite of free social features that connect all Battlefield 3 players. Missions are designed to be shorter than single player missions, so you can easily do multiple rounds in an evening to try and beat your friends’ high score. The best score of your Friend will be displayed for each mission, so you know what to aim for.

View
24 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

24. Re: BF3 Themed Co-op Aug 20, 2011, 07:47 Dev

Origin! The unified EA game thingy thats going to make it easier for everyone to use everything EA related, a single interface for all!!

Wait no, we also want you to use browser based battelog that must install multiple browser plugins to work, I mean who wants that server browser crap inside a game. Even if you have to restart the game to change servers.

Wait no, we want some other thing with some other game, like the next DA will probably need another sign in and interface and program running.

Screw it, we want you to use origin so we can get the full cut.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

23. Re: BF3 Themed Co-op Aug 20, 2011, 01:14 Flatline

That "man down" mechanic is... limp? Haven't games been doing that for years already?  

22. Re: BF3 Themed Co-op Aug 19, 2011, 22:07 Ventura

All the people that had original ideas quit the company.

And it's looking more and more like it's not DICE they're now working at.

21. Re: BF3 Themed Co-op Aug 19, 2011, 21:20 Teddy

Interesting. Thanks for digging that up entr0py.

Funny that when asked that question, specifically about consoles, their answer was "No." then they went on a random rant about their glorious Battlelog and all it's benefits for PC gaming. Just a weird way to answer a question.

20. Re: BF3 Themed Co-op Aug 19, 2011, 21:15 entr0py

Teddy wrote on Aug 19, 2011, 19:55:
entr0py wrote on Aug 19, 2011, 19:21:
That's weird, they had previously announced there would be NO server browser of any kind on consoles. Maybe if they backpedaled on that, they could do the same on the PC.

When did they announce that? It's an odd thing to announce since it's almost never done on consoles in the first place.

Here you go, it was back in June. It wasn't an announcement but part of a Q&A.

http://www.enterbf3.com/viewtopic.php?t=2247

19. removed Aug 19, 2011, 20:38 fher

* REMOVED *
This comment was deleted on Aug 19, 2011, 23:14.

18. Re: BF3 Themed Co-op Aug 19, 2011, 19:55 Teddy

entr0py wrote on Aug 19, 2011, 19:21:
That's weird, they had previously announced there would be NO server browser of any kind on consoles. Maybe if they backpedaled on that, they could do the same on the PC.

When did they announce that? It's an odd thing to announce since it's almost never done on consoles in the first place.

17. Re: BF3 Themed Co-op Aug 19, 2011, 19:54 DangerDog

Ventura wrote on Aug 19, 2011, 19:30:
Modern Warfare 3's new survival mode is starting to look better and better

http://img192.imageshack.us/img192/479/photogpi.jpg

16. Re: BF3 Themed Co-op Aug 19, 2011, 19:53 Teddy

Ventura wrote on Aug 19, 2011, 19:30:

Pretty sad troll. Standing around while hordes of enemies throw themselves at you in waves is 'better' than mission based gameplay with actual objectives to complete that randomize aspects of it so they can't be memorized?

*patpat* You run along now and enjoy your horde mode. Let me know when they actually implement an idea of their own in a CoD game. Oh wait... that's right. All the people that had original ideas quit the company. I forgot.

This comment was edited on Aug 19, 2011, 20:02.

15. Re: BF3 Themed Co-op Aug 19, 2011, 19:30 Ventura

14. Re: BF3 Themed Co-op Aug 19, 2011, 19:21 entr0py

DangerDog wrote on Aug 19, 2011, 15:12:
Regardless of the insanity that consoles get in-game server browsers and PC users have to use an out of game web based one, the core gameplay is too good to pass up.

Wait till the beta is released and see that this new format isn't the end of the world, just something you need to adapt to.

13. Re: BF3 Themed Co-op Aug 19, 2011, 18:50 xXBatmanXx

So they are making the game "Army of Two: Battlefield 2011".

But with shorter scenarios.
Which means less content.

In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem. / Few men have virtue enough to withstand the highest bidder.
Playing: New dad

12. Re: BF3 Themed Co-op Aug 19, 2011, 18:31 Ruffiana

Sir Graves wrote on Aug 19, 2011, 16:06:
I was totally excited when I first heard this was going to have a co-op campaign built-in(!), but then they announced that it was only two player and now I don't care at all. Two player co-op does me (and my gaming group) no good. Hey DICE; on PC, 4-player is the usual minimum for co-op these days. That two-player junk is for consoles.

Still waiting to hear if there will be bot support for all multiplayer game modes (for those of us who prefer to play privately with just a couple or few friends).

You heard "co-op" and didn't immediately think 2 players? Odd. Anything more than 2 is multiplayer to me.

11. Re: BF3 Themed Co-op Aug 19, 2011, 18:13 TurdFergasun

yes and you're a generation of self indulgent marketing sheep who will take whatever sky pie is shoveled in your face regardless of the consequences for the whole as long as your ego's get the instant gratification you think you're after.

justice7 wrote on Aug 19, 2011, 15:55:
you guys are really a bunch of oldschool, down-the-nose negative nancies.

Everything they're doing for BF3 sounds amazing, honestly i'm super stoked to see what they come up with next for it. Change is good, only problem is every asshole on the internet will complain about it.

10. Re: BF3 Themed Co-op Aug 19, 2011, 18:05 Bhruic

Two player co-op does me (and my gaming group) no good. Hey DICE; on PC, 4-player is the usual minimum for co-op these days.

No it's not. Quite a few co-op games only have 2 player support - Fear 3, Portal 2, etc. That's not to say that 4 player co-op wouldn't have been nicer, especially as the typical "squad" size for BF tends to be 4 players. But it's not a standard.

9. Re: BF3 Themed Co-op Aug 19, 2011, 17:56 xXBatmanXx

Flipper405 wrote on Aug 19, 2011, 11:45:
hmmm sounds to me like autolog from NFS hot pursuit
EA trying to make its own social network or something?

Yea. Wonder if your friends list can be more than 20 people (looking at you BFBC2!!!!) I think they are trying to do to much - I am tired of creating in game friends lists....

In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem. / Few men have virtue enough to withstand the highest bidder.
Playing: New dad

8. Re: BF3 Themed Co-op Aug 19, 2011, 16:39 DangerDog

Two player co-op is fine for me since I wasn't expecting it in the first place, Battlefield has always been about conquest and now rush mode from Bad Company series.

It's just a fun diversion, not the main event.

I'm pretty sure they've confirmed no bot support for conquest/rush/team deathmatch etc.

7. Re: BF3 Themed Co-op Aug 19, 2011, 16:06 Sir Graves

I was totally excited when I first heard this was going to have a co-op campaign built-in(!), but then they announced that it was only two player and now I don't care at all. Two player co-op does me (and my gaming group) no good. Hey DICE; on PC, 4-player is the usual minimum for co-op these days. That two-player junk is for consoles.

Still waiting to hear if there will be bot support for all multiplayer game modes (for those of us who prefer to play privately with just a couple or few friends).

6. Re: BF3 Themed Co-op Aug 19, 2011, 15:55 justice7

you guys are really a bunch of oldschool, down-the-nose negative nancies.

Everything they're doing for BF3 sounds amazing, honestly i'm super stoked to see what they come up with next for it. Change is good, only problem is every asshole on the internet will complain about it.

5. Re: BF3 Themed Co-op Aug 19, 2011, 15:45 TurdFergasun

just like anal rape, you just have to rotate your pelvis a bit and it's not so bad.....? no dice! it's still rape. there is no choice, so there is no sale.  

24 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo