Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Out of the Blue

I'm getting set to be on the road for part of the weekend, so I'll ask in advance for your patience for whatever disruption this causes. After heading out this afternoon it's most likely that this evening will only afford me the chance to cover any major gaming tidbits that pop up, rather than a more typical full update with the techie bits and all. I should be able to catch up on that stuff tomorrow, and Sunday's update may be on the late side, but that's not unprecedented, so I'm hoping the impact of all this will be fairly minimal.

Travelling Links: Thanks Ant and Mike Martinez and Acleacius.
Play: Rise of the Colony.
Wonderputt. Thanks Neatorama.
Links: Zombie Wedding Cake.
Muphry’s Law. Thanks Boing Boing.
Stories: 'Vampire' arrest sparks discussion on pop culture. Thanks brother19.
Brazilian sleeps in coffin to honor his friend. Thanks brother19.
Science: Data-Crunching Guides Police Before a Crime. But what about the minority report?! Thanks j.c.f.
Bulletproof human skin made from spider silk and goat milk.
Ecstasy could treat blood cancers: researchers.
Media: Escape from City 17 Part 2.
Grandma's Photo Gag.
Hey, grandma, can you beer me while I dance with my knife? Is that painting a liger?
Follow-up: FinalCutKing After Dentist.

View
12 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

12. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 19, 2011, 20:05 jdreyer

Yeah, they are still "guilty" being released per time served. Not really justice. These guys lives are ruined. Not only did they lose 20 years in the slammer, they have no families, no skills, and no one will hire them.  

"It's just a bunch of mystic bovine scatology to me." - 1badmf
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

11. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 19, 2011, 19:35 Cutter

Well, it sounds like the stepdad for sure. However, the other 3 are far from good human beings too so they may have been complicit in some way. However, I do agree that based on the evidence, or lack thereof in this case, it certainly not enough to have seen them convicted, much less sent to prison.

James Woods: Oh that's fun. That sounds like you had a fun time. Where would I fit in with the fun time, huh? Where does James Woods fit into the fun?

10. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 19, 2011, 18:28 nin

3 meg a second DL - nice!

WM3 are getting out because there never was a case. They were convicted on circumstantial evidence and because they worse black and listened to loud music.

DNA testing was finally done in the last few years, and none of it matched the 3 guys who were convicted. But you know who's DNA was there? The step dad of one of the murdered kids. Whoops!

Also, one of the murdered children had what they believe was bite marks on his body. And guess what Mr DNA step dad did? He went and had all he teeth removed.

Yet this guy was never considered a suspect. That's kind of odd!

I urge anyone interested in it to read up on it. There's also two documentaries and a 3rd one that's about to premiere (and thankfully, it's ending just got changed).

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/West_Memphis_3

http://www.nin.com/pub/tension/

9. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 19, 2011, 18:05 Cutter

Woo pre-load done! So will this be the standard 12AM PST launch on Monday night?

James Woods: Oh that's fun. That sounds like you had a fun time. Where would I fit in with the fun time, huh? Where does James Woods fit into the fun?

8. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 19, 2011, 18:03 xXBatmanXx

Dirwulf wrote on Aug 19, 2011, 12:56:
nin wrote on Aug 19, 2011, 11:39:
Dude, take a couple of days off.

Anyone else been following the West Memphis 3? I've read a bit here and there over the last few years, and it sounds like today should be a major announcement.

They are gettin' out! But the settlement is kind of weird, because they are not going to be exonerated, just released.

I only followed tidbits. So why are they getting out? Is there new evidence or.....I dunno, just seems to me that if they did kill them, that they should never get out.

On the other side, can you imagine how weird life will be? They went into the klink so long ago, it will be like stepping onto a new planet. Everything they have experienced has only been via the tv!!!!

In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem. / Few men have virtue enough to withstand the highest bidder.
Playing: New dad

7. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 19, 2011, 18:00 xXBatmanXx

Travel safe, if you are driving, travel extra super safe you crappy driver magnet you!  

In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem. / Few men have virtue enough to withstand the highest bidder.
Playing: New dad

6. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 19, 2011, 17:03 A51Abductee

nin wrote on Aug 19, 2011, 13:42:
Cutter wrote on Aug 19, 2011, 13:34:
Just got my GMG DXHR key and it is now pre-loading. Yay!

I got my email. Just gotta plug it in when I get home.

Same here, got the email and it's pre-loading now... woohoo!

5. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 19, 2011, 14:44 Cutter

So I hear tell the new Conan flick is pretty bad. However I also hear the new Fright Night is pretty good. Colin Farrel seems to be getting big thumbs up all around as Jerry the Vampire. Heh, I love saying that.

4. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 19, 2011, 13:42 nin

Cutter wrote on Aug 19, 2011, 13:34:

I got my email. Just gotta plug it in when I get home.

3. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 19, 2011, 13:34 Cutter

2. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 19, 2011, 12:56 Dirwulf

nin wrote on Aug 19, 2011, 11:39:

Anyone else been following the West Memphis 3? I've read a bit here and there over the last few years, and it sounds like today should be a major announcement.

They are gettin' out! But the settlement is kind of weird, because they are not going to be exonerated, just released.

1. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 19, 2011, 11:39 nin

12 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo