Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

More on MW3 Dedicated Servers

A tweet from the Call of Duty Twitter account has more details on the just-announced dedicated server support in Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 (thanks Joao). Word is:

Announced at Gamescom, #MW3/PC will support dedicated servers. Host them where you want, control settings & standard matchmaking like MW1.

View
13 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

13. Re: More on MW3 Dedicated Servers Aug 20, 2011, 20:43 Ant

We will believe it when we see it!  

Ant @ The Ant Farm: http://antfarm.ma.cx and Ant's Quality Foraged Links: http://aqfl.net ...
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

12. Re: More on MW3 Dedicated Servers Aug 19, 2011, 08:20 Beamer

DangerDog wrote on Aug 18, 2011, 16:50:
Host them where you want?

You mean like only through specific server hosting providers?

That wouldn't be "where you want," would it?

mag wrote on Aug 18, 2011, 17:54:
I guess BF3's got them worried?

Unlikely. I'm pretty sure Black Ops outsold every BF combined. I don't think there's much fear from the CoD team.
Consider this a combination of new leaders, more time, and an admission of failure.

-------------
Music for the discerning:
http://www.deathwishinc.com
http://www.hydrahead.com
http://www.painkillerrecords.com

11. Re: More on MW3 Dedicated Servers Aug 19, 2011, 08:02 Shadowcat

I think we established that "MW2" needs a "COD:" prefix if it is intended to refer to Call of Duty. I kinda thought it would follow that the same would obviously apply to "MW3". And for future reference, there was also a MW4, and there has been talk of a MW5, so this should be considered an ongoing pattern.  

10. Re: More on MW3 Dedicated Servers Aug 19, 2011, 05:49 spindoctor

DangerDog wrote on Aug 18, 2011, 16:50:

It seems like they'll be releasing public dedicated server files. Anyone who wants to can run servers. I'm sure there will be GSPs as well who will rent out servers just like they do for Black Ops or Battlefield but you won't be completely dependent on them.

Some of the most miserable and unhappy gamers on the planet are at Bluesnews

9. Re: More on MW3 Dedicated Servers Aug 18, 2011, 19:02 ASeven

xXBatmanXx wrote on Aug 18, 2011, 18:52:
The "control them where you want" is weird.....you mean to tell me they are going to release server files? I doubt it.....

Indeed they seem to imply it. If so it should be fun to hear Bowling spin why they now are giving files back, not to mention these server files, if they are indeed released, will be a powerful weapon against BF3 locked down servers. The slot prices for some of the 64 servers in certain GSPs borders on the insanely expensive.

Still, this is activision we're talking about. I expect the worst.

8. Re: More on MW3 Dedicated Servers Aug 18, 2011, 18:52 xXBatmanXx

The "control them where you want" is weird.....you mean to tell me they are going to release server files? I doubt it.....  

In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem. / Few men have virtue enough to withstand the highest bidder.
Playing: New dad

7. Re: More on MW3 Dedicated Servers Aug 18, 2011, 18:49 entr0py

After the success of Black Ops, I didn't really think there was any chance Infinity Ward would persist with the peer to peer nonsense.

Though I see Xbox gamers are still screwed with a monthly paid subscription to a simple matchmaking service and no servers. I don't know why they put up with that shit.

6. Re: More on MW3 Dedicated Servers Aug 18, 2011, 18:22 [VG]Reagle

And with MW2 we all sang hallelujah and beat each others willies becuase we were so happy. Rolleyes  

The First Newell
Gabe's Watching
[VG]Reagle Beagle

5. Re: More on MW3 Dedicated Servers Aug 18, 2011, 17:54 mag

I guess BF3's got them worried?

I've never played a CoD, but good on the devs.

4. Re: More on MW3 Dedicated Servers Aug 18, 2011, 17:17 MajorD

Paketep wrote on Aug 18, 2011, 16:43:
Chimaera wrote on Aug 18, 2011, 16:41:
But IWNET was SOOOOO much better!! Why would they go back to crappy old dedicated servers?!? I still can't believe they tried to defend that sh!t...

And look at MW2!!!. Absolutely NO cheating!!!. Fantastic pings!!!. No advantage for the host!. And what is best, no thinking what you want, you just press a button and play!

Oh yes, and it was a VERY well supported game too following its release, with numerous patches and anti-cheat patches, and hardly any cheaters/hacks on the servers where you would have a really good time on an even playing field without any frustrations whatsoever.

3. Re: More on MW3 Dedicated Servers Aug 18, 2011, 16:50 DangerDog

2. Re: More on MW3 Dedicated Servers Aug 18, 2011, 16:43 Paketep

Chimaera wrote on Aug 18, 2011, 16:41:
But IWNET was SOOOOO much better!! Why would they go back to crappy old dedicated servers?!? I still can't believe they tried to defend that sh!t...

And look at MW2!!!. Absolutely NO cheating!!!. Fantastic pings!!!. No advantage for the host!. And what is best, no thinking what you want, you just press a button and play!

1. Re: More on MW3 Dedicated Servers Aug 18, 2011, 16:41 Chimaera

13 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo