Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Carbine's Sci-Fi MMOG WildStar Announced

NCsoft announces WildStar at Gamescom, a science fiction MMOG, revealing this is the project in development at Carbine Studios since back in 2007 when this studio was formed by industry veterans Kevin Beardslee (a lead developer on WoW), Tim Cain (Fallout programmer and co-founder of Troika), and Jeremy Gaffney (City of Heroes and Asheron’s Call). They say they have a polished three-level build of the game to show off to attendees of the trade show, and offer this cinematic introductory trailer and a very large batch of screenshots. Here's word on the game itself, followed by the embedded version of the intro trailer.

Developed by NCsoft’s Southern California-based Carbine Studios, WildStar offers epic high adventure, where players make their mark as Explorers, Soldiers, Scientists or Settlers and lay claim to a mysterious planet on the edge of known space. WildStar’s iconic visual style and “Momentum Mechanics” immerse players in a deep world stacked with content, challenges and rewards that respond to the play style choices of individual players. Depending on a combination of faction, race, class and path, WildStar will present gamers with unending surprises, mini-quests and challenges, ensuring that their experiences are fun and fresh.

View
26 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 2.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

6. Re: Carbine's Sci-Fi MMOG WildStar Announced Aug 17, 2011, 11:18 Xirgu

where do people get the time to play mmorpgs I wonder.. and imho swords and spaceships dont mix..  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

5. Re: Carbine's Sci-Fi MMOG WildStar Announced Aug 17, 2011, 11:15 MacLeod

I guess I'm getting too old that it's actually annoying me with all the gratuitous T&A in EVERY game nowadays. I saw sci-fi MMO and my initial reaction was "Cool!", clicked on the first screenshot and saw a girl with short-shorts, low-cut top and bunny ears... *sighs*

4. Re: Carbine's Sci-Fi MMOG WildStar Announced Aug 17, 2011, 11:09 kanniballl

-EDIT-

Just watched part of the trailer instead of relying on the pic

OK, it's more sci-fi than I thought. But if you're going to distinguish yourself from the fantasy MMO's by going the sci-fi route, I suggest emphasizing the differences more. Instead of rocky terrain and simple analogs for sorceress and barbarian/troll, maybe something that looks more space-y.

Like a abandoned futuristic city with metal, and the heroes not wearing what might as well be WoW clothes with the occasional LED.

But that's just my opinion: why bother going the sci-fi route to be different, if so much of it's going to be the same.

"Space. It seems to go on and on forever. But then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you."
-Fry, Futurama

3. Re: Carbine's Sci-Fi MMOG WildStar Announced Aug 17, 2011, 11:09 creatorswhim

Did you guys ever think that maybe they weren't making this game for YOU?  

2. Re: Carbine's Sci-Fi MMOG WildStar Announced Aug 17, 2011, 11:03 Creston

Yay, another MMO with a non-gameplay, pre-rendered trailer featuring the snazzy cool guy, the big grumpy guy, and the chick with big tits! And you know that none of what you see in the trailer will actually ever be a part of how you play the game! I'm so excited I can barely stazzzzz....

Creston

1. Re: Carbine's Sci-Fi MMOG WildStar Announced Aug 17, 2011, 10:51 InBlack

Oh look, its WoW in space. Now why didnt I think of that!!!??? Great Idea!!  

I have a nifty blue line!

26 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 2.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo